Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Has Triple H ever had the torch?

Hey guys. I'm new here and this is my first post in the forums. I have been coming to this site for quite a while and just now started actually interacting. Anyway, here is my question. I have been reading the blog comments and I was thinking about some of the comments that had been made there. Alot of people are bitching about the whole "Rock should have passed the torch to Cena the way that Hogan passed it to him" thing. Regardless of your opinion of what should have happened in the Rock/Cena match, I just thought it would be interesting to see if anyone really considers Triple H to have ever been "The Man". Most people consider Hogan, Hart, Michaels, Austin, Rock, Cena to have been the guy in their day, but never list The Game in their string of people who had ever had the proverbial torch.

All I'm saying is, more championship reigns than anyone in the history of the company, number four amongst wrestlers who competed in the last three decades in terms of combined days as champion, movie roles, merchandise, etc. The guy has done everything that anyone mentioned above has done and maybe more. So, what do you think? Was Hunter ever the guy? What qualifies one as being the guy, and who do you think were the torch bearers of the industry if your list differs from the common one listed above?

Anyway, just thought would throw that out there. Sorry if it is a worn out topic. Like I said, I'm new to the forums.

Blog Entries
    I think he got in which he lead Raw from 2000 to 2006/2007..... Otherwise it always been 2 or 3 guys who have lead the WWE in the past....
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

Blog Entries
    probably not had the torch as such but during the 2 year transition period where cena and ortan were being groomed, he was leading the company...but pretty much through out the whole decade he has been there for the top

Banned
    Blog Entries
    What the fuck is this torch thing there is no torch either your a bad ass wrestling entertainer who can put on great wrestling matched and great entertainment for the fans every live/ppv show then your the number 1 guy. The only reason Cena is the number 1 guy is because he does make a wish foundation that's it but he doesn't know how to entertain a whole crowd if they let him he just does it for the people who buy his merchandise that's why he will never be called one The Best Wrestling Entertainers just a Kid Entertainer who was best at selling merchandise that's it. So please stop with bullshit torches

Just like you not knowing how to entertain grammar?

Quote Originally Posted by LegendsMadeWrestling View Post
    What the fuck is this torch thing there is no torch either your a bad ass wrestling entertainer who can put on great wrestling matched and great entertainment for the fans every live/ppv show then your the number 1 guy. The only reason Cena is the number 1 guy is because he does make a wish foundation that's it but he doesn't know how to entertain a whole crowd if they let him he just does it for the people who buy his merchandise that's why he will never be called one The Best Wrestling Entertainers just a Kid Entertainer who was best at selling merchandise that's it. So please stop with bullshit torches
    YES YES YES YES YES YES YESSSSSSS, this is so fuckin correct. Thank you for saving me the time it would take to type this. YES YES YES YES
    THE GRIM REAPER OF THE IWC

Blog Entries
    Of course he was the man at one time. starting in 2000 he was about the most hated heel wrestler I've ever seen. Fans had petitions to have the title removed from him. lol I'd say from 2002 to 2009 he was the man til he had to put the tights up because of age and where he was with the company. from 2002 to 2008 besides 2007 when he tore his quad he headlined a championship match on every one of the Wrestlemanias within those years

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HCollins-TNA1 View Post
    I think he got in which he lead Raw from 2000 to 2006/2007..... Otherwise it always been 2 or 3 guys who have lead the WWE in the past....
    HCollins I think got it right. Atleast when I think about Raw/SD and the top stars in the last 10 years, other than Cena, HHH is the first guy that comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Stone View Post
    Of course he was the man at one time. starting in 2000 he was about the most hated heel wrestler I've ever seen. Fans had petitions to have the title removed from him. lol I'd say from 2002 to 2009 he was the man til he had to put the tights up because of age and where he was with the company. from 2002 to 2008 besides 2007 when he tore his quad he headlined a championship match on every one of the Wrestlemanias within those years
    speak english mate, and try to make sense next time!!!!!

Normal Member ToWhomItConcerns.'s Avatar
    I've never liked the whole "passing the torch" thing.

I think usually people try to place that label on faces. Generally you don't hear that about heels (except for Flair, Michaels and maybe H)

Usually whenever you hear about people having "the torch" its Hogan, Austin, Rock, Sting (in WCW).