Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NXT was the downfall of NXT

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by URATOOL View Post

The first season of NXT was obviously a good idea. When you look at how many of them are now on the main roster and include now former WHC, IC and US champions. Then season two rolled along and we got what felt a bit like left overs from season one short listing. Some were good, some were shocking. Most are back in FCW. But it was still watchable

Then came the diva seasons. From that season we have gained a backing dancer, a girlfriend to a fired GM, a badly treated former girlfriend of a former WHC, a fired giant (personally I think they should have kept her) and a crazy woman who isn't sure who, in the current season of NXTm she is dating/screwing/marrying etc... So a pretty pointless group. Obviously I'm very glad that Kaitlyn got a contract. But the divas that got contracts (AJ and Kaitlyn) rarely make it to the big two shows (unless you count AJ being on DB's leash).

Since season 3 the show has got worse and the competitors less interesting. The current season is likely to surpass RAW as the longest running weekly episodic show. So was the divas show the nail in the coffin or was it going to get this shit anyway.
    I'd have to consider the diva "season" a TREMENDOUS success. Look how many top-quality wrestlers came out of it, and the incredible boost they've given the women's division. Best athlete now a go-go dancer, one is Teddy Longs' umpteenth pretend girlfriend, one plays a just-dumped GF of the most-buried active champ in history, Kaitlyn's hot appearance was altered so she looks just like everyone else...now that's what I call wrestling, baby!--SWManor, career smart-ass
    --Stately

visit the home of The Return Of The Official Greatest Heel Column Ever
    http://www.swmswm.com/StatelyStates.htm

Blog Entries
    Then it's not really NXT anymore is it. It should be rebranded as the forth WWE show after RAW, Smackdown and Superstars. Maybe call it WWE Young Bloods or something equally cheesey.
    Yeah it should. But does it need to be re-named just because the concept of the show has changed?
    To me, NXT is WWE's 4th show. I've forgoten about what the old concept was. To me, it's just another wrestling show now.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xAzureSkye View Post
    I thought the winner of NXT got a title shot?? and than when NXt3 hit it was about contracts.
    the season one winner was supposed to get a WWE contract and a title shot... the rest were to be sent home.
    and really, while there have been a few other NXT guys that have won titles, other than Bryan and Wade, it didn't seem to do much for them. The Nexus angle, which could have saved NXT (In my less than humble opinion) was just completely wasted.

I think they explain it with that clip, but I can't watch it at work

Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.

Blog Entries
    I disagree. I think Season one wasn't a bad idea at all. And the fact most are now on the roster and doing pretty solidly says a lot about that season. But after that it slipped and then went free fall. Maybe it should have been something done every 2 or 3 years. Not back to back.
    You have to take into account that these guys (apart from DBD) had been kicking around FCW for quite a while and were the upper echelon of that promotion, on the verge of being brought up anyway. Season 2 came around WAY too quickly and there was no real clear sign of exactly how long each series would run. It was a schemozzle!

Season 3 was awesome. Trash TV at it's finest.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post
    the season one winner was supposed to get a WWE contract and a title shot... the rest were to be sent home.
    and really, while there have been a few other NXT guys that have won titles, other than Bryan and Wade, it didn't seem to do much for them. The Nexus angle, which could have saved NXT (In my less than humble opinion) was just completely wasted.

I think they explain it with that clip, but I can't watch it at work
    Anyone else notice the level of pro they had working with the rookies in season. Who did Titus O'Neill have this season........?