Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Movie Soundtracks

What is the best movie soundtrack you have heard? For me it would have to be Wayne's World the first.

Lawrence of Arabia (Maurice Jarre)
    Akira (Geinoh Yamashirogumi)
    Once Upon a Time in the West (Ennio Morricone)
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (Ennio Morricone)
    Once Upon a Time in America (Ennio Morricone)
    Koyaanisqatsi (Philip Glass)
    Elevator to the Gallows (Miles Davis)
    Tetsuo The Iron Man (Chu Ishikawa)
    Ghost in the Shell (Kenji Kawai)
    Ghost in the Shell II: Innocence (Kenji Kawai)
    Princess Mononoke (Joe Hisaishi)
    Rosemary's Baby (Krzysztof Komeda)
    The Straight Story (Angelo Badalamenti)
    Commando (James Horner)
    Bloodsport (Paul Hertzog)
    Suspiria (Goblin)
    Profondo Rosso (Goblin)
    Zabriskie Point (Pink Floyd)

You might want to specify whether or not you're looking for scores or just an assemblage of a bunch of other artist's songs, as you're about to get two very different sets of answers.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

If it comes to scores Carlito's Way had some amazing music, Pan's Labyrinth is another but so do all the Guillermo Del Toro films, Tim Burton films also have great scores, yet sometimes I feel like they have been used on a lot of movies, but entrancing nonetheless.. I would actually have to sit down and listen to other movie scores to get any more in depth with them(Ive got hard drives full of music from everything).. I will return with more though, but for right now those stand out the most to me..

Now for soundtracks that are basically a compilation of artist's music, Devil's Rejects, stands out the most to me.. I mean without the Devils Rejects soundtrack, I wouldve never been introduced to one of my favorite classic rock singers, Terry Reid (if you havent heard him, check him out).. I know quite a few people on here hate The Beatles (I cant fathom why), but Yellow Submarine was another movie soundtrack that was legendary.. The musical boundaries they crossed with that soundtrack would give you a hallucinogenic trip just from listening.. And Purple muthafuckin Rain!! Have you ever heard the guitar solo at the end of Purple Rain?? Man, where I grew up and at the time it was, you couldn't escape it.. To this day, I never change the station/song or walk away when I hear "When Doves Cry".. Purple Rain was that great of a soundtrack..

I swear this movie soundtrack influenced the whole Legend Of Zelda sound.. The whole soundtrack is on one track and its a journey to listen to.. Especially if you get high every now and then (or all the time lolol)...

Even though the actual movie wasn't the best, Daft Punk made it feel awesome. The Tron soundtrack is like a 40 minute song that could also be listened to in parts. It's rare for me to like soundtracks and I love this one.

Senior Member/Featured Blogger wrestlingfan66513's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    A lot of great movies have been mentioned so my list won't be as big

The Wizard of Oz- great songs from the actors and good score
    Star Wars series- If I had to pick one then 5, but these songs are just so memorible
    Psycho- The violin's in the shower scene was pure genius!!! Great horror scores
    Pan's Labyrinth- had to mention it again for it's greatness
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly- see above
    Gone With the Wind
    Lord of the Rings
    Lawrence of Arabia
    E.T
    #BennysTeddy

Efedding

Mike Hawk
    EWNCW World Champion (11-12-13 to 5/1/14) Vacated
    Current IWA World Champion (12-15-13 to Present)
    IWA Blackout Champion (3-24-13 to 4-27-14)
    Former JBW Television Champion (12-2-12 to 8-2-13)
    Former ICW Tag Team champion
    1st and last EWA Carnage World champion

Mixed Emotions (Pride and Sorrow)
    Current EWNCW World Tag Team Champions (4-19-13 to 4-26-14)
    Last EWNCW Grand, Hardcore and International Tag Champions

"Various Artists" soundtracks? Um... that's a toughie... does A Clockwork Orange count?

Almost forgot about Ry Cooder's FILTHY slide-guitar music in Paris, Texas. I've rarely seen a score actively improve a movie as much as that.

Wim Wenders' other well-known film, Wings of Desire, is also notable for having an actual Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds performance during a scene. Sick as hell.

Blog Entries
    Drive, Drive, Drive, Drive and Drive...hands down greatest movie soundtrack , kavinsky - nightcall, desire - under your spell and college - a real hero my fav tracks

In tha North Town, making "That Money Money...Yeah Yeah...That Money Money...Yeah Yeah"!!!
    CarWash

Dazed and Confused

Friday

"I am my own worst enemy, I'm not the smartest mutha fucka n shit and I don't pretend to be."