Thread: Jim Ross

Jim Ross

I think I speak for a majority of wrestling fans when I say that Jim Ross should still be commentating.
    With that said I never really read any news on why he doesn't commentate. Do any of you know the official reason?
    Does he simply not want to or does management think that it's better that cole commentates?

Blog Entries
    I too wish JR was still on commentary, things were always a lot better when it was just him and Lawler.

I think it's a mixture of both, for the most part WWE seems to be alright with what they're hearing on commentary (even though all of us hate it.) but JR might not want to stay on commentary, he's done it for so long, maybe he just doesn't feel it anymore. At the same time though, I'm sure if Vince asked JR to go back to commentary, he would probably take it for sure.

I think he needs to lose the goatee first and foremost

Quote Originally Posted by justinjackson1983 View Post
    I think he needs to lose the goatee first and foremost
    I definitely agree

I'd venture to say the reason is that JR can't commentate forever and they need younger guys doing it before JR gets "too old", the same way that they can't have older guys wrestling forever. This however doesn't explain why King still does commentary. King is actually older than JR. JR was 'fired' on the show... not that anyone really gives a crap about that, but I assume they want some kind of continuity with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Viperfish View Post
    I'd venture to say the reason is that JR can't commentate forever and they need younger guys doing it before JR gets "too old", the same way that they can't have older guys wrestling forever. This however doesn't explain why King still does commentary. King is actually older than JR. JR was 'fired' on the show... not that anyone really gives a crap about that, but I assume they want some kind of continuity with that.

I get that they need to start grooming other commentators but why not put cole on smack down. Let JR and King do the flagship show Raw. And when the time comes call up cole to do raw or whomever the wwe sees fit to replace JR. But at this time JR is to good not to
    be commentating unless he just doesn't want to do it anymore.

Blog Entries
    For starters, JR has said that he prefers o not be on the road 24/7, so that's one reason. Another is that management don't want him to. If they did, then they'd ask him, and I have no doubt that he'd take it.
    Does the goatee affect his commentating? Of course not, he called HIAC and did an excellent job.
    WWE do need to look to the future though with new commentators. They should concentrate on Josh Matthews and Matt Striker, as well as improving Booker and giving Regal some more experience.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    For starters, JR has said that he prefers o not be on the road 24/7, so that's one reason. Another is that management don't want him to. If they did, then they'd ask him, and I have no doubt that he'd take it.
    Does the goatee affect his commentating? Of course not, he called HIAC and did an excellent job.
    WWE do need to look to the future though with new commentators. They should concentrate on Josh Matthews and Matt Striker, as well as improving Booker and giving Regal some more experience.

was merely Joking about the goatee, sorry

I have No issue with JR whatsoever-Good hearted bant

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Yea, I think the travel is the number one thing. I think Cole is the main guy because they want a heel & he's put in the time to deserve it.
    Andy Cannon - EWNCW
    Former Inferno Ignition Champion: 11/12/12 - 5/27/13

"The Southern Warrior" Chris Gatling - IWA