Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post KOTR and SummerSlam

So I'm gona come otu ans say it.. I'm a LEsnar Mark. haha so Ive been goin back and watching some of his old stuff. This old stuff includes his KOTR title. This particular win got me thinking. If WWE wants to make SUMMERSLAM a true stepson to WM, They should bring back KOTR and the winner gets a titleshot at SLAM. Much like the RR and WM... i personally love the KOTR (before the basterdized it by putting it on RAW). Thoughts?

Hmmm hmmm......hmmmmm..... Great Idea
    THE GRIM REAPER OF THE IWC

Normal Member ToWhomItConcerns.'s Avatar
    Always loved the KOTR PPV (like you said not the Raw KOTR). It was usually always exciting even if someone you didn't like won.

This idea is pretty good. I'd like to see it happen.

I liked the old KOTR Where it had a 8 people table.

see i think the reason the RR is so big is not just because the winner headlines Mania, but because it is a simple and imediate way to make a wrestler's oopps.. i mean Superstar's carrear.....KOTR can do much the same... i mean lets face it.. doesn't King Barrett have a certain ring to it? haha

Blog Entries
    I absolutely agree.

I always liked the old KOTR tournaments, It's a good way to get an up-and-coming mid-carder noticed. Hated the King Sheamus gimmick though...
    Quote Originally Posted by daverende5 View Post
    bestfirstposteva...

I think it could work like this bring back a tournement that is a bit more modern than the old school KOTR which I feel is outdated now, and use the new tourney as a stepping stone to the world heavywight championship this would bring that coverted title some relevance and importance back, the IC title then can become the predecessor to the wwe championship if drafted back to RAW.

as for king of the ring they could try something unique and do a queen of the ring tournement on smackdown or NXT which the winner challenges the divas champion,

but who am I kidding on that one, they will never do that lol

Quote Originally Posted by MisterrrrrrrrrMichael View Post
    I always liked the old KOTR tournaments, It's a good way to get an up-and-coming mid-carder noticed. Hated the King Sheamus gimmick though...
    Aye not his best moment..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshPerspective View Post
    So I'm gona come otu ans say it.. I'm a LEsnar Mark. haha so Ive been goin back and watching some of his old stuff. This old stuff includes his KOTR title. This particular win got me thinking. If WWE wants to make SUMMERSLAM a true stepson to WM, They should bring back KOTR and the winner gets a titleshot at SLAM. Much like the RR and WM... i personally love the KOTR (before the basterdized it by putting it on RAW). Thoughts?
    I'm actually using this idea in my E-fed. It is a great idea as long as KOTR is its own PPV. This way RR, MITB & KOTR gives wwe 3 chances every year to take a midcard guy and push him into becoming a main eventer.