Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by justinjackson1983 View Post
    from another point of view she must realise that if wwe release a dvd collection, T-shirts and anything else that is merchandise not only is it making people remember what a great man he is also some of the money can go their kids and their future,

more money on the table for martha and her kids, I dont understand why she would be so against that. It was a tragedy but it was an accident at the end of the day let by gones be bygones and let owens children be entitled to a good future,

i UNDERSTAND she might have enough money but more money wont hurt, and as for owens loyal fans it not their fault owen died why take away their wish of seeing owen inducted in the hall of fame.

either way its her wishes and I guess we got to respect that,
    Honestly I don't think that she gives a shit about the money, it seems like since she blames Vince McMahon and the WWF for Owen's untimely death, that she wants to do all that she can to pretend that he never wrestled, and wants everyone else to do the same.

As for me, I hope that WWE uses more archived footage of Owen now, he was one hell of a wrestler.

Also I can see a Hart Family dvd coming down the line, which (if handled well, perhaps by his brother, Brett) could do a lot of good for his legacy (which his wife seems to hate) and help people remember a great man.

The real tragedy here is how it has split up the Hart family

Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.

Blog Entries
    I wouldn't say the legal issues is over yet.... She and her lawyers could take the case to a higher court..... Don't know if that will happen????

But if it is so over.... Maybe Owen will finally be Hall of Fame bound at Wrestlemania 29 and some new DVDs released in his name or family...
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

I'd rather they do a Hart Family DVD then a Owen Hart one because like one said if it's just Owen they'd have to say hey he died and that'd be pretty bad.

“You know, you can call her a slut…but she’s my slut.”-Edge

Blog Entries
    WWE lawsuit partly dismissed

Updated: April 5, 2012, 6:01 AM ET

Associated Press
    NEW HAVEN, Conn. -- A federal judge has dismissed a portion of a lawsuit by the widow of a World Wrestling Entertainment performer against the company's former chief executive Linda McMahon, who's running for the U.S. Senate.
    Martha Hart sued WWE and McMahon in 2010 during her first run for the Senate, which the Republican lost to Democrat Richard Blumenthal. Hart said the company used the image of her late husband, Owen Hart, in videos and other materials without her permission and despite her objections.
    The portion of the lawsuit regarding the use of family photographs with Owen Hart's image will proceed as part of the lawsuit, Martha Hart said Wednesday. Judge Stefan Underhill also allowed Martha Hart's claim for unpaid royalties against WWE to proceed.
    However, Underhill dismissed the claims against McMahon and her husband, Vince McMahon, and most claims against WWE. He said the company, which is based in Stamford and has formally changed its name from World Wrestling Entertainment to WWE, retained a right to Owen Hart's wrestling career when he was under contract to WWE.
    Owen Hart died in a televised stunt in 1999, when he fell from an apparatus while being lowered into the wrestling ring from the ceiling of Kemper Arena in Kansas City, Mo. He was 34 years old.
    WWE attorney Jerry McDevitt, who called the lawsuit a "political stunt" in 2010, said he was pleased with the ruling.
    A message left Wednesday with Hart's attorney wasn't immediately returned.
    Owen Hart's parents are Helen and Stu Hart, a pioneer of professional wrestling in Western Canada.

Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press

Here is what I found, I think certain pictures and images will be held back from being released... Unless for X amount of money.... So it seems certain part of the lawsuit been dismissed, as their still a few legal issues... But like I said the lawyers or Hart could appeal the ruling and take it to higher court???
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

Quote Originally Posted by pauadrian View Post
    http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...linda-mcmahon/

what do you think of WWE getting the rights to Owen´s wrestling career?
    Will we ever see Owen in footage or in a wwe game?
    Fuck Martha Hart it was an accident let him be remembered damn it!

Quote Originally Posted by Cabers View Post
    Fuck Martha Hart it was an accident let him be remembered damn it!
    That was the best wording you could come up with?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HCollins-TNA1 View Post

Here is what I found, I think certain pictures and images will be held back from being released... Unless for X amount of money.... So it seems certain part of the lawsuit been dismissed, as their still a few legal issues... But like I said the lawyers or Hart could appeal the ruling and take it to higher court???

it is possible, however it's not very likely, at least not for a civil case.
    Basically the idea that Owen signed a contract specifically saying that WWE could use footage from everything he did related to them in any way forever kinda screwed her before she got a chance

As far as the personal photos and stuff goes, I can't help but wonder how they got those in the first place if she didn't want WWE to have them? did Brett or Stu give them over? If so does that invalidate her claim?

and as far as royalties go? Shame on Vince for not giving those up in the first place... Assuming of course that they are "real" royalties, and not like that other crap with Mayweather's Wrestlemania song, where the guy is claiming that completely through using his music they made millions

Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post
    Honestly I don't think that she gives a shit about the money, it seems like since she blames Vince McMahon and the WWF for Owen's untimely death, that she wants to do all that she can to pretend that he never wrestled, and wants everyone else to do the same.

As for me, I hope that WWE uses more archived footage of Owen now, he was one hell of a wrestler.

Also I can see a Hart Family dvd coming down the line, which (if handled well, perhaps by his brother, Brett) could do a lot of good for his legacy (which his wife seems to hate) and help people remember a great man.

The real tragedy here is how it has split up the Hart family
    Totally agree with your sentiments here Asher, very well put.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Tartarus View Post
    Totally agree with your sentiments here Asher, very well put.
    thanks, every now and then the 2 brain cells I haven't killed manage to get together and produce something coherent

also love the signature pic, can't look away from it!

Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post
    thanks, every now and then the 2 brain cells I haven't killed manage to get together and produce something coherent

also love the signature pic, can't look away from it!
    Yeah, I get the occassional spark every now and then too!

Thanks man, thought it was about time to revert to lovely lady sigs!