Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cody Rhodes getting buried?

With Cody Rhodes losing the Intercontinental Championship to the Big Show at WrestleMania 28 and then getting squashed by Kofi Kingston on Monday Night RAW ​thanks to a distraction from the Big Show, do you think it's a sign that Rhodes may be going to RAW in the upcoming WWE Draft?

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Rachel View Post
    With Cody Rhodes losing the Intercontinental Championship to the Big Show at WrestleMania 28 and then getting squashed by Kofi Kingston on Monday Night RAW ​thanks to a distraction from the Big Show, do you think it's a sign that Rhodes may be going to RAW in the upcoming WWE Draft?
    How is he being buried?

He was knocked out by a guy 200lbs bigger than him and lost his title to a former WCW, WWE, WHC and ECW champion. Regardless of how much of a semi-jobber Show has become over the last few years he is still a major force to be reckon with. They gave Show the win to complete his legacy (pardon the pun) as a grand slam winner.

He then loses a match via distraction. Hardly a burial. Losing via a clean pin after Kofi had beaten him with no interference or distraction would have been different. And it was all part of the Rhodes/Show feud. Which will probably end with Cody winning the title back.

When he starts losing week after week to multiple faces, with clean wins, it becomes burying.

That word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by thesubverse View Post
    buried? WHAT?

Quote Originally Posted by thesubverse View Post
    Epic!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    You fucking legend.
    First IWA World Champion

Quote Originally Posted by URATOOL View Post
    How is he being buried?

He was knocked out by a guy 200lbs bigger than him and lost his title to a former WCW, WWE, WHC and ECW champion. Regardless of how much of a semi-jobber Show has become over the last few years he is still a major force to be reckon with. They gave Show the win to complete his legacy (pardon the pun) as a grand slam winner.

He then loses a match via distraction. Hardly a burial. Losing via a clean pin after Kofi had beaten him with no interference or distraction would have been different. And it was all part of the Rhodes/Show feud. Which will probably end with Cody winning the title back.

When he starts losing week after week to multiple faces, with clean wins, it becomes burying.
    This man says the truth
    IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII AM THE APW INTERNATIONAL CHAMPION!!! (#HotBods #BodomIsMyBestie)

Former HWA Writer

Johnny Hot:
    HWA Supremacy World Champion (x1)
    APW World Champion (x1)
    (2x) APW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS (w/ Bodom)
    APW International Champion
    Award for Feud of the Year (2012)
    Award for Shocker of the Year (2012)

Sweet Jones:
    Former Inferno Ignition Champion

Cody McDerrell:
    HWA's Resident Redneck

Yeah I think buried was a bad choice of words but im not going to start going over the top about that.

As for Cody I don't think there is anything to worry about, there's a good chance he could well win back the IC title or even become a challenger for the WHC!

IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

HWA:
    1x Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

General:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.

I don't think so but even Sheamus had his time as a jobber before the "super" sheamus, do you remember? even sin cara kicked his ass at raw

THE BEST IN THE WORLD AT WHAT HE DOES

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Blog Entries
    I remember just before Punk won his WWE title how people said he was being "buried" because he wasn't winning every week. One fan even claimed after a loss on Raw (as the WWE champion) that they weren't using him right.

I guess after Mania, The Rock's buried Cena too.

You're welcome!!

Quote Originally Posted by CM_SUXX_NOT View Post
    I remember just before Punk won his WWE title how people said he was being "buried" because he wasn't winning every week. One fan even claimed after a loss on Raw (as the WWE champion) that they weren't using him right.

I guess after Mania, The Rock's buried Cena too.
    Seems to be the popular opion that a loss or two = automatic burial
    I'm the Miz...and I'm.........................moderate