Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1

    Cody Rhodes getting buried?

    With Cody Rhodes losing the Intercontinental Championship to the Big Show at WrestleMania 28 and then getting squashed by Kofi Kingston on Monday Night RAW ​thanks to a distraction from the Big Show, do you think it's a sign that Rhodes may be going to RAW in the upcoming WWE Draft?

  2. #2
    The Trinity URATOOL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    On the phone to yo momma
    Posts
    2,966
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Rachel View Post
    With Cody Rhodes losing the Intercontinental Championship to the Big Show at WrestleMania 28 and then getting squashed by Kofi Kingston on Monday Night RAW ​thanks to a distraction from the Big Show, do you think it's a sign that Rhodes may be going to RAW in the upcoming WWE Draft?
    How is he being buried?

    He was knocked out by a guy 200lbs bigger than him and lost his title to a former WCW, WWE, WHC and ECW champion. Regardless of how much of a semi-jobber Show has become over the last few years he is still a major force to be reckon with. They gave Show the win to complete his legacy (pardon the pun) as a grand slam winner.

    He then loses a match via distraction. Hardly a burial. Losing via a clean pin after Kofi had beaten him with no interference or distraction would have been different. And it was all part of the Rhodes/Show feud. Which will probably end with Cody winning the title back.

    When he starts losing week after week to multiple faces, with clean wins, it becomes burying.

  3. #3
    That word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

  4. #4
    Normal Member SDR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Boise, Idaho (US)
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by thesubverse View Post
    That word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
    buried? WHAT?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by thesubverse View Post
    That word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
    Epic!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    You fucking legend.
    First IWA World Champion

  6. #6
    Black Ninja! Giddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    The streets of rural Mass. STREETS!
    Posts
    10,359
    Quote Originally Posted by URATOOL View Post
    How is he being buried?

    He was knocked out by a guy 200lbs bigger than him and lost his title to a former WCW, WWE, WHC and ECW champion. Regardless of how much of a semi-jobber Show has become over the last few years he is still a major force to be reckon with. They gave Show the win to complete his legacy (pardon the pun) as a grand slam winner.

    He then loses a match via distraction. Hardly a burial. Losing via a clean pin after Kofi had beaten him with no interference or distraction would have been different. And it was all part of the Rhodes/Show feud. Which will probably end with Cody winning the title back.

    When he starts losing week after week to multiple faces, with clean wins, it becomes burying.
    This man says the truth
    IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII AM THE APW INTERNATIONAL CHAMPION!!! (#HotBods #BodomIsMyBestie)



     

    Former HWA Writer

    Johnny Hot:
    HWA Supremacy World Champion (x1)
    APW World Champion (x1)
    (2x) APW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS (w/ Bodom)
    APW International Champion
    Award for Feud of the Year (2012)
    Award for Shocker of the Year (2012)

    Sweet Jones:
    Former Inferno Ignition Champion

    Cody McDerrell:
    HWA's Resident Redneck

  7. #7
    Yeah I think buried was a bad choice of words but im not going to start going over the top about that.

    As for Cody I don't think there is anything to worry about, there's a good chance he could well win back the IC title or even become a challenger for the WHC!

    IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

    HWA:
    1x Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

    General:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.



  8. #8
    I don't think so but even Sheamus had his time as a jobber before the "super" sheamus, do you remember? even sin cara kicked his ass at raw


    THE BEST IN THE WORLD AT WHAT HE DOES

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Posts
    349
    Blog Entries
    3
    I remember just before Punk won his WWE title how people said he was being "buried" because he wasn't winning every week. One fan even claimed after a loss on Raw (as the WWE champion) that they weren't using him right.

    I guess after Mania, The Rock's buried Cena too.


    You're welcome!!

  10. #10
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    552
    Quote Originally Posted by CM_SUXX_NOT View Post
    I remember just before Punk won his WWE title how people said he was being "buried" because he wasn't winning every week. One fan even claimed after a loss on Raw (as the WWE champion) that they weren't using him right.

    I guess after Mania, The Rock's buried Cena too.
    Seems to be the popular opion that a loss or two = automatic burial
    I'm the Miz...and I'm.........................moderate

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.