Bobby Lashley KO'ed

copied from the main page.

Chad Griggs def. Bobby Lashley after two rounds earlier tonight at the Strikeforce event in Houston, TX live on Showtime. The referee called the fight following the end of the second round when Griggs landed a series of huge hammerfists to the side of Lashley's head.

Lashley had won the first two rounds mainly with takedowns and wrestling. He suffered a huge cut during the first round and the fight was stopped during the second round with 30 seconds left when the cut began to bleed badly. When the fight resumed, Griggs stuffed a takedown attempt by Lashley, landed a series of big hammerfists and shortly after the second round expired, the referee called the fight to end. Lashley is now 5-1 in his MMA career. Lashley was unbelievably tired during the third and final round and could barely stand. He was also bleeding badly throughout the fight.

I was surprise yet somehow knew it was going to happen.

It happens sooner or later. Hope he learns from this and increase his cardio and boxing work.

Saying that, he was devastating in the first round. But now Lashley needs a confidence booster - so maybe time for the Batista fight?

Fresh Member
    I personally think it was bullshit for the EWN staff to say, "Breaking News: Bobby Lashley Knocked Out", when he just got tko'd with some hammerfists...people who don't watch MMA and knew Bobby from the WWE and read this headline, automatically think he got ko'd cold which he did not...he gave up after the bell while on his knees...it wasn't even a tko, he was more tired than anything...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremo View Post
    I personally think it was bullshit for the EWN staff to say, "Breaking News: Bobby Lashley Knocked Out", when he just got tko'd with some hammerfists...people who don't watch MMA and knew Bobby from the WWE and read this headline, automatically think he got ko'd cold which he did not...he gave up after the bell while on his knees...it wasn't even a tko, he was more tired than anything...
    Dude, I'm sure they put that up there before it even happened and the fact he lost just played into it. If you've ever logged in to EWN during a PPV for updates, you'll always see them. Like Summerslam, there were two in particular - Daniel Bryan returns!!! and John Cena Major Heel Turn!!! Leading Nexus!!! posted not even half way through. Funny because I thought the heel turn the more likely of the two

Fresh Member
    Why are they gonna put up something before it happens, MMA is not scripted...they had no idea how the fight would go..they put that after the Lashley fight...

The thing I didn't like is that they said he got Knocked Out...it would have been more respectable if they called it, Breaking News: Lashley loses for the first time in MMA, or something, but to call it something that was not, is pretty lame to be honest...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremo View Post
    Why are they gonna put up something before it happens, MMA is not scripted...they had no idea how the fight would go..they put that after the Lashley fight...

The thing I didn't like is that they said he got Knocked Out...it would have been more respectable if they called it, Breaking News: Lashley loses for the first time in MMA, or something, but to call it something that was not, is pretty lame to be honest...
    It's just a way to get you to follow the link to their other sites. Total coincidence that Lashley got "knocked out" and they called it. Watch for it during the next UFC ppv and you will see.

Fresh Member
    Well lashley's a muscular fella thus his cardio suffers and mma fighters that have a huge muscle mass tend to have a poorer cardio like Shane Carwin
    hes got lots of time to improve hes only got 6 fights and i do agree a little disrespectful to say he got knocked out, technically he got stopped....
    That last strikefoce event was full of upsets with king mo losing the title and its easy to lose as it is to win in mma so it happens
    X360 Gamertag- War7head7

Mis......terrr...Anderson.......And..der...son!!!!

Lashley was totally unprofessional in his preparation, he might look great but his fitness levels have always been a hindrance to him, even when he was Pro Wrestling you very rarely saw him go more than 15 minutes in a match, now if he couldn't do that when it was planned then how would he expect to last a decent length of time in a real fight?

His opponents only need to live with him in the first round a half and if he doesn't put you away in that time then you can basically do what you want to him, I'd hope that Pro Wrestlers watching this have second thoughts on moving out of Pro Wrestling and into MMA, guys like Batista like him or loathe him can basically name his price to return to Wrestling, but if he goes to MMA and gets his ass handed to him like Lashley got them he can forget any big payday returns to the WWE or even a big Payday move to TNA

Fresh Member
    That certainly is not the case, I don't mean the links at the bottom of the page once I am in the "news page", I mean the TITLE to the news...
    Even if that were the case that they lied and got it right, that is pretty disrespectful...

I was very surprised when the news broke out xD