Administrator
    Blog Entries

WrestleMania 28 and Site Uptime

Hey guys, just want to let you all know that tonight is going to be very very insane for traffic. We're doing our best to prevent any outages. However, if anyone experiences any isolated or non-isolated incidents, please report those incidents into this thread.

Make sure you address what happened and provide us with some details so we can make our efforts in running tonight's updates smoothly.

Thanks!!

Best,

I went down for awhile around 9:10ish.

It was a little bit on and off before and after that, but I could never get on long enough to post here. It seems like it's back and running a little smoother now. I got on a little bit with a cached version of the site, but even that didn't last long.

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Okay, things should be okay now... hopefully. Had to call in for the server administrator to take a look.

Thanks for the update sully.

Went down again at about 10:45. It's 10:50 now so it didn't last too long.

Blog Entries
    After Wrestlemania finished, I couldn't get on at all. I kept trying for about half an hour, but it just wasn't happening. I did expect this, and given the time it was in the UK (4am) it was probably for the best that I went to bed since I had to be up at 8am! i would have been online for a while directing the aftermath had the site been running!

The site was running great during the event though. I was in the chat from start to finish. It did go down once for about 5 mins in the middle, but came back shortly after. Huge improvement on last year for sure, so I'll say job well done Frank!
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

There was a good few times where I was logged out while participating in the chat. I just liked signed in and it would refresh all the messages all up, but it did happen periodically. It also seemed to get laggy at some points, and sometimes I'd have to refresh to see new messages. I made a few posts that never went through either.

I think these are issues that are always happening in the chat room though, so it probably doesn't have anything to do with the traffic or a site crash.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    There was a good few times where I was logged out while participating in the chat. I just liked signed in and it would refresh all the messages all up, but it did happen periodically. It also seemed to get laggy at some points, and sometimes I'd have to refresh to see new messages. I made a few posts that never went through either.

I think these are issues that are always happening in the chat room though, so it probably doesn't have anything to do with the traffic or a site crash.
    Yeah, I can confirm that that has been a problem in the chat forever. Happens each week when I'm in there watching Raw. Messages being sent but not appearing until about 5 mins later, or not at all sometimes. But it does happen more often as site traffic increases. So for example, it'll happen a lot more during ppv's while for a Raw episode, it'll only happen once or twice.

The logging out thing is a new one to me though, not encountered that before.

And the lag was a slight problem last night. And that is definitely down to site traffic, since it barely lags at all during Raw. It's only during ppv's when it's busy that it slows down.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!