Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    In tha North Town, making "That Money Money...Yeah Yeah...That Money Money...Yeah Yeah"!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by samoan619 View Post
    What I would like to say on this would be, that some people dont have a fair shake.. Some people dont have a mother or father to raise them, some people are born as crack babies, they weren't raised with the civil rules most people are.. Ive lost two of my best friends last year, they were brothers, and they were both murdered.. They never had a fair shake in life, they didnt have a mom around, my boy Cordell (the older brother) looked for his mom his whole life.. Always finding her on a drug binge, some stuff that a lot of people don't get to witness but only hear about.. I witness these things, I was raised with two parents that love me and gave me my morals and values (even if I didnt follow them growing up, they came back to me and its what I stand for).. But my boys who were killed, they never had that, Tim (the younger brother) was one of the most peaceful and coolest people in the world.. He never cared for violence, and always opted to calm things down when shit went crazy.. Yet he was shot 3 times in front of a liquor store for no reason at all, his brother Cordell was killed two months later, he was killed not by any pistols but an AK47, like where do you get an AK-47?? This shit is real, and if you think people sag their pants and do stupid things to be cool, its not always the case.. Things are way more deep and complex than what people perceive it as.. Both my friends were killed innocently, Tim was killed for no reason, and Cordell was killed for mistaken identity.. This post isnt about racial profiling or racism or propaganda, but the fact that real "ghetto" people don't choose to be, its where they were put.. Everyone else that does it, is basically posing, living off a script, true thespians.. Now im gonna post a video of a song we did in memory of my friends that were murdered, this isnt promotion, the song isn't on any album or anything.. Its just an expression of our pain when we lost someone we loved to this shit.. Oh yeah did I forget to mention, that their murders were unsolved..

TO MY BROTHA SILVERGHOST: I would never be mad at you bro, we're friends on and off EWN.. I just wanted to speak for the people that didnt have a fair chance.. #SALUTE
    This is the realest post I have seen here on the eWn.

R.I.P. to your boys Sau.

"I am my own worst enemy, I'm not the smartest mutha fucka n shit and I don't pretend to be."

Quote Originally Posted by SLEEPY LOCO1 View Post
    I from the hood so I will just say this. The reason folks from ghettos treat money like it is everything, because when you don't have it you're treated like you're nothing in society. (not mad, just saying.)
    I never had money, grew up in the hood, got beaten up in the streets. Yet I am very happy in living in this humble life. Though....I don't like how the ignorance on both sides(both the people stereotyping and the people confirming the stereotype) shows. And this is coming from someone who lives in the hood.

Quote Originally Posted by samoan619 View Post
    What I would like to say on this would be, that some people dont have a fair shake.. Some people dont have a mother or father to raise them, some people are born as crack babies, they weren't raised with the civil rules most people are.. Ive lost two of my best friends last year, they were brothers, and they were both murdered.. They never had a fair shake in life, they didnt have a mom around, my boy Cordell (the older brother) looked for his mom his whole life.. Always finding her on a drug binge, some stuff that a lot of people don't get to witness but only hear about.. I witness these things, I was raised with two parents that love me and gave me my morals and values (even if I didnt follow them growing up, they came back to me and its what I stand for).. But my boys who were killed, they never had that, Tim (the younger brother) was one of the most peaceful and coolest people in the world.. He never cared for violence, and always opted to calm things down when shit went crazy.. Yet he was shot 3 times in front of a liquor store for no reason at all, his brother Cordell was killed two months later, he was killed not by any pistols but an AK47, like where do you get an AK-47?? This shit is real, and if you think people sag their pants and do stupid things to be cool, its not always the case.. Things are way more deep and complex than what people perceive it as.. Both my friends were killed innocently, Tim was killed for no reason, and Cordell was killed for mistaken identity.. This post isnt about racial profiling or racism or propaganda, but the fact that real "ghetto" people don't choose to be, its where they were put.. Everyone else that does it, is basically posing, living off a script, true thespians.. Now im gonna post a video of a song we did in memory of my friends that were murdered, this isnt promotion, the song isn't on any album or anything.. Its just an expression of our pain when we lost someone we loved to this shit.. Oh yeah did I forget to mention, that their murders were unsolved..

TO MY BROTHA SILVERGHOST: I would never be mad at you bro, we're friends on and off EWN.. I just wanted to speak for the people that didnt have a fair chance.. #SALUTE
    Basically comes down to is fairness.....but fairness is hard to come by....even in this life....I'm sorry about your losses, bro.

#REAL!

I appreciate my brothas Sleepy Loco and SilverGhost, and thank you guys for hearing me out.. #SALUTE

Anytime bro!

At least I see people wanting to end a shitty thing like racism so that makes me glad.

#REAL!

In tha North Town, making "That Money Money...Yeah Yeah...That Money Money...Yeah Yeah"!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverGhost View Post
    I never had money, grew up in the hood, got beaten up in the streets. Yet I am very happy in living in this humble life. Though....I don't like how the ignorance on both sides(both the people stereotyping and the people confirming the stereotype) shows. And this is coming from someone who lives in the hood.
    Sorry bro, usually when people make comments like that, to me, it means they aren't from the poverty class and don't know shit about what they are talking about.

I have nothing but respect for you though if you came from the hood and have been able to not give in to what is going on around you. I know that is very hard especially growing up in a city like L.A.

"I am my own worst enemy, I'm not the smartest mutha fucka n shit and I don't pretend to be."

Quote Originally Posted by SLEEPY LOCO1 View Post
    Sorry bro, usually when people make comments like that, to me, it means they aren't from the poverty class and don't know shit about what they are talking about.

I have nothing but respect for you though if you came from the hood and have been able to not give in to what is going on around you. I know that is very hard especially growing up in a city like L.A.
    I try to not let the negativity get to me. The influences around me was bad, don't get me wrong but I always try to be someone. Being myself. There are times when someone asks me "you live around here....why don't you act black?"(dead serious man...someone in the streets asked me that.) I wasn't told that I HAVE to act a certain way because of the environment I live in.

Think of it this way: there are other forms of consciousness and other ways of thinking. I took that route when living here. There are times in where I think that I am too different because everyone here acts the same.

I'll give an example on how I feel.

"Man this bitch ass nigga lucky I didnt beat his face in....fucking talking shit...when I see him again...it will be in the streets."

or

"Dis bitch getting too close to my man....uh uh! Hell nah girl....dont get me started!!!!"

(This is on my facebook lol)

I see and I am like....Why?

But I guess is that I think differently....

#REAL!

Banned
    I think what everyone needs to do is allow the truth to come out in the court weather that be the killing was justified or not. People are screaming justice but I think alot of people forgot what justice really means, It means innocent till proven guilty not guilty just because the teen is black. The same way we as African Americans and people from the urban community scream for fair treatment we as a people need to give George zimmerman the same fair treatment. This case as already been poorly handle by us people and the media. If we treat George zimmerman guilty before a trail we are no better than what we are trying to fight against. IMO the big picture is not race its a young kid lost his life! On the news when they ask African American their opinions on the matter I hear some of the dumbest shit ever they sound as racist and some other people. If we ever want people to view us as equals we need to paint that picture of our self first by acting that way. So when someone ask you a question about the matter what we should be saying is " I just want the truth to come out" not " Oh that guy is guilty and need to spend the rest of his life in jail". People need to see that by saying these things we are really no different from the cop who stops someone because he is black or Latin, or the guy who takes a life of another human because he looks the part of a stereotype. And just to put this out there I am Black myself and live in what some would consider the "hood"

The media would do anything to over-exaggerate.

Ask FOX News.

#REAL!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ihearvoices View Post
    I think what everyone needs to do is allow the truth to come out in the court weather that be the killing was justified or not. People are screaming justice but I think alot of people forgot what justice really means, It means innocent till proven guilty not guilty just because the teen is black. The same way we as African Americans and people from the urban community scream for fair treatment we as a people need to give George zimmerman the same fair treatment. This case as already been poorly handle by us people and the media. If we treat George zimmerman guilty before a trail we are no better than what we are trying to fight against. IMO the big picture is not race its a young kid lost his life! On the news when they ask African American their opinions on the matter I hear some of the dumbest shit ever they sound as racist and some other people. If we ever want people to view us as equals we need to paint that picture of our self first by acting that way. So when someone ask you a question about the matter what we should be saying is " I just want the truth to come out" not " Oh that guy is guilty and need to spend the rest of his life in jail". People need to see that by saying these things we are really no different from the cop who stops someone because he is black or Latin, or the guy who takes a life of another human because he looks the part of a stereotype. And just to put this out there I am Black myself and live in what some would consider the "hood"
    Or Guilty till proven Innocent..... But still no matter what the verdict will be people will say or think what they want....
    Kinda like Casey Anthony, look at how many people blames here for the death of her daugther, when I think the whole family had problems and was involved...

As for Zimmerman was he wrong for killing Martin, I say yes!!! As you said Innocent till proven guilty, lots of facts will be distorted by the media and others as it already has, and people will jump to conclusions....
    I live in a divided county one side is mostly white/rednecks and the other is largely African American, does race exist yes, is it like it was 30, 40 years ago sometimes with incidents as this one and others in this country I believe it is.... I always think to myself we have came such a far way from the 1860s/Civil War but we still we have so far to go!!! Many of my best friends are black or people of color and will say I'm divided on the issue, I hope for justice, not in or un-justice!!!
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

Quote Originally Posted by HCollins-TNA1 View Post
    Or Guilty till proven Innocent..... But still no matter what the verdict will be people will say or think what they want....
    Kinda like Casey Anthony, look at how many people blames here for the death of her daugther, when I think the whole family had problems and was involved...

As for Zimmerman was he wrong for killing Martin, I say yes!!! As you said Innocent till proven guilty, lots of facts will be distorted by the media and others as it already has, and people will jump to conclusions....
    I live in a divided county one side is mostly white/rednecks and the other is largely African American, does race exist yes, is it like it was 30, 40 years ago sometimes with incidents as this one and others in this country I believe it is.... I always think to myself we have came such a far way from the 1860s/Civil War but we still we have so far to go!!! Many of my best friends are black or people of color and will say I'm divided on the issue, I hope for justice, not in or un-justice!!!
    YOU ARE AWESOME!! I had this whole retort for Ihearvoices to the handling of Zimmerman, and the definition of justice, but why? Ive already said my part, so I just closed it and seen your response, and it made me feel good..

Also Casey Anthony was guilty.... Wanna know why??? Cause she had a killer body lololol...