Blog Entries

CM Punks year to cement himself Main-Event Status

This should be enough-er year for CM Punk to show us why he's the cult of personality. I know a lot of you say he's already a main-event-er, but not yet he isn't he's just in the making of being one.

Read my blog, it will say everything!
    http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/commun...-Punk-s-Legacy

Blog Entries
    two things he can do to cement himself
    1. face Undertaker and beat him
    2. Have an epic Stone Cold/Bret Hart type match at Wrestlemania people will talk about for ages

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Stone View Post
    two things he can do to cement himself
    1. face Undertaker and beat him
    2. Have an epic Stone Cold/Bret Hart type match at Wrestlemania people will talk about for ages
    Option 2 i would say more probably after his tweet to austin during the week.

Blog Entries
    Even I like the idea of the icon vs icon matches, I think they should be focus in pushing guys like Ziggler, Barrett and Rhoes to have credible main eventers heels, Punk having a good feud aginst any of these guys in the summer could lead to an awesome Wrestlemanina match

a gimmick change, this smug nerdy cm punk sucks! i seen alot of talk about cena during the rocks promos smiling and stuff, ive seen punk do the same thing, the ''press conference'' on raw right before elimination chamber is prime example...punk was acting goofy as hell, and when he tries to act serious he stumbles over his words, mumbles alot of nonsense then says ''best in the world'' to end it. and you internet ''trolls'' eat him up haha he sucks, hes the new cena!

I think Punk is already Main Event calibur (his match at TLC was excellent), but I do think if this was during the Attitude Era he might not be (and that is no discredit to Punk) because there was alot more "Superstars" that drew in the crowds and Punk probably would of gotten overlooked or given fewer chances. In this new "PG" era where there is only one big Superstar and that's John Cena (you could also argue Randy Orton, but to me he's faded into the background over the last few weeks/months). Punk is given more opportunities and so far has shown he has the ability and drive to be Cena's equal if not surpass him (well he has already surpassed him in Wrestling ability and Promo cutting).

If the WWE want to get Punk over that much more, he has to beat Jericho tonight and win any feud they have after WM28. Jericho is a great wrestler and promo cutter and both him and Punk have managed to make probably the most anticipated match on the card amongst the fans. Keith Stone mentioned that Punk needs his Stone Cold/Bret Hart type match that people talk about for ages, well I hope/think we will see that tonight with Jericho. Both of them are great wrestlers and I believe will put on the best match of the night.

Clandestine knows the feeling Spidey.