Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CRACKA JAY View Post
    Hands down, HBK entering number one and winning it all. Huge mistake letting Benoit doing it, not because of the whole Benoit thing, but just because it would have been nice to see just Shawn have that accomplishment.
    HBK winning it all from the number 1 entry was a solid Royal Rumble let alone it's ending which was a highlight moment for Shawn Michaels.

The Rock winning the Royal Rumble by defeating Big Show. That was actually one of the most controversial Royal Rumble endings ever.

Deepest dwellings of the subconscious mind
    I've gotta go with Flair winning the vacated WWF title in '92, by far. That Royal Rumble boasted the greatest lineup of talent in the history of any PPV, much less the Royal Rumble. After all his years in NWA/WCW, to see him finally win the WWF title was arguably one of the greatest moments in wrestling history!!
    I do think it would be most imperative if you left now......

Blog Entries
    either when Rey won it in 2006 entering at Number 2 coming to the ring in a low rider and dedicating it to Eddie was just awesome or when Eddie I think at the rumble before in 05 switched his enterance with Flairs

The first year they brought back ECW, Sabu setup a table outside the ring but Kane chokeslammed him through it.

The CM Punk promos were classic during the rumble! I can see Miz doing something like this.
    Then there was HBK who got eliminated then went crazy on the refs!
    RVD making a one-night appearance at the '08? Rumble. I was like "OMG!" and so did the crowd.
    So many more just can't think of them!
    BUT for next years RR they need to have backstage segments of people picking their numbers, it was stupid not having that this year!

Normal Member
    Blog Entries
    It's my favorite event but has been lacking recently. However, I loved the first one. Watching it on TV and Hacksaw with a surprsing win! Plus I love counting the eliminations: who was tossed and who tossed them. Watching Austin eliminate Chyna was fun too.
    Ariba!

Quote Originally Posted by vbirwin View Post
    I hate this trend of guys making their "surprise returns to the Rumble with high numbers ie; Cena in 08 and Edge last year. I love surprise entrants but not when the surprise is just to jump start a push for a guy who has been gone a while
    Well you have to give Edge some credit he returned 6 months early from the torn achillies. But yeah it is a little boring when they do it every year. My guess for this year Christian or HHH. Most likely Captain Charisma.

Quote Originally Posted by NecroButcher187 View Post
    I've gotta go with Flair winning the vacated WWF title in '92, by far. That Royal Rumble boasted the greatest lineup of talent in the history of any PPV, much less the Royal Rumble. After all his years in NWA/WCW, to see him finally win the WWF title was arguably one of the greatest moments in wrestling history!!

I did mention it earlier, but worth a watch.

R.I.P. Guys

Quote Originally Posted by alexrules01 View Post
    The CM Punk promos were classic during the rumble! I can see Miz doing something like this.
    Then there was HBK who got eliminated then went crazy on the refs!
    RVD making a one-night appearance at the '08? Rumble. I was like "OMG!" and so did the crowd.
    So many more just can't think of them!
    BUT for next years RR they need to have backstage segments of people picking their numbers, it was stupid not having that this year!
    No they need to never show anyone picking their numbers backstage again. The entries are what makes the RR special and I'd like to find out the entry numbers as they are occuring, not hours beforehand. Keep the surprise alive Vince!!