Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Funniest Wrestler/Character

One of my pet hates with wrestling (esp WWE) is how they turn great athletes and serious contenders into foolish comedy characters. You can really feel the discomfort and it seems humiliating. What's more, it makes no sense when there are many stars who are naturally funny and entertaining.

So, who are your favourite comedy acts in wrestling?

Mine include:

The Rock - not a comedy character obviously, but had so many hilarious moments.
    Norman Smiley - Everything about him cracks me up and the Screamin' Norman gimmick was even funnier.
    Christian - Another charismatic star who has some very funny moments.
    Santino Marella - So funny, especially when he first arrived in WWE.
    Bobby Heenan - Listening to him and Gorrilla on commentary was guaranteed to make me laugh.
    Carlito - When he first arrived he was very funny and his pre-debut vignettes are comedy gold.
    Jericho (WCW) - He had funny moments in WWE, but back when he was with Ralphus in WCW, Jericho was hilarious.
    Bastion Booger - Gross, but so funny.
    Golddust - I prefer him as a twisted, serious character, but he has had some very funny moments, especially with The Rock.

I'm sure more will come to mind later.

Blog Entries
    I agree most of your list, especially The Rock cause he is definitely my favorite of all time. Jericho also was very hilarious during his first WWF/WWE run but not his shitty 2nd coming.

Santino was funny in 2007-2008, but now he is just obnoxious and corny. I can't stand him anymore, his humor nowadays is kiddie stuff and mostly just stupid and not funny. Maybe its PG, or maybe WWE saw how much the fans were into this character and decided to water his comedy down because they didn't wanna push him too fast in 08?

Others I would add to the list:
    Stone Cold - the guy was pure comedy, maybe he was a serious guy during the earlier years of attitude but around 2001-2004 he started doing more comedy stuff. His heel turn in 2001 was great, and he was also a funny heel with Kurt Angle. Don't even get me started on his 2003 work as raw gm, he was the shit! Stone Cold definitely deserves to be on the list.

Eddie Guerrero - no comment.

Edge - Early years to 2004. I always preferred face Edge rather than heel, I could always relate to him.

Eugene - He was pretty funny during his first year in the WWE, after that they just made him do stupid things.

William Regal - definitely has had lots of great funny moments.

Kurt Angle, John Cena, HBK.

Surprised to see Carlito mentioned here. I don't think his pre-debut vignettes or promos were intended to be funny.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

JBL during his commentary days
    Simon Dean- Common, one of the best jobbers... funny as!
    I havnt seen any Jericho's work in WCW (apart from looking up the 1004 Holds list, ARMBAR!) But during his heel run, his promos were pure heat but some of them were so funny sometimes... like when Swagger cashed in MITB, he described Swagger exactly how Jericho acts, dresses, even though Jericho hates it :P
    E and C- Both as a tag and singles
    Kurt Angle- He's pretty boring in TNA... I know he has matured and whatever, but his WWE work was way better
    Shawn Micheals "I just kicked Stan!" need further explanation?

Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    Surprised to see Carlito mentioned here. I don't think his pre-debut vignettes or promos were intended to be funny.
    Yeah, he wasn't supposed to be a comical character in the beginning. Vince made him a clown in the end. That was one of the main reasons he quit on WWE.

PS. Bring Carlito Back!!!!!!!!!

"I am not a NUGGET!"

Blog Entries
    -Triple H
    -Shawn Michaels
    -Pre 2008 Cena
    -JBL
    -Eddie Guerrero
    -Goldust
    -Santino Marella
    -Chavo Guerrero
    -The Rock
    -Stone Cold
    -Mr. McMahon
    -Jesse Ventura
    -Ted Dibiase Sr.
    -Repo Man
    -Skinner
    -Chris Jericho
    -Booker T(NOT King Booker; We ALL know how much that failed)
    -Hornswoggle(w/ heel Finlay)
    -Kurt Angle
    -Ric Flair
    -Zack Ryder
    -ODB(Bring her back!)
    -Eugene
    -The Miz
    -"DASHING" Cody Rhodes

Gillberg - It was only funny for a while but I thought it was hysterical when he came out with sparklers doing the Goldberg bit.

Goldust when he had Tourettes was hilarious.

Santino has done a great job and has made me laugh on numerous occasions, especially with theway he butchers the english language in his bad accent. The whole Honky Donkey man run was great.

Bob Backlund - As a fan from the 70's/80's he's my all time favorite wrestler and at first it bothered me when he turned into Mr. Backlund but I loved watching him snap in the ring and I came to appreciate his crazy interviews after that.

I also have to give props to HHH for some of his one liners. The biggest laugh I had this year was when Kofi dropped the accent and HHH stopped their skit and said "wait a minute, aren't you supposed to be Jamaican".

Blog Entries
    DX
    Jay Lethal - during the Savage/Flair impersonations
    Perry Saturn - "your welcome"

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Cranium View Post
    Perry Saturn - "your welcome"
    Yahtzee!!!!
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

I used to LOVE watching Flair flop headfirst into the mat. Funny as hell!!!

"I am not a NUGGET!"