Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

The TNA Monday Night War. What happened?

After thinking the TNA and WWE Monday Night War(What War?)

What has really lead to TNA to retreat back to Thursdays? Monday Night Raw and Monday Night Football was too much for TNA? Or is there more to it than that?

Not enough fans? Too many unknowns?

Also with the new stuff that TNA is getting now, do you think that they are capable to attempt to restart the war?(or company suicide)

Discuss.

#REAL!

Banned
    In an old van with no windows, passing out free candy.
    Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. Hello SHOWERHEADS I will be posting a lot today due to the fact I have PNEUMONIA and will not be attending my beloved Buckeyes game tonight. So for the very few that don't like me or my thoughts sorry as for my SHOWERHEADS I will recover and be better than ever in a week or so. On to the topic at hand, I really don't think Dixie's daddy is going to be coughing up anymore money out of panda energy to help TNA. It is very expensive to go live every week. They have a long road ahead of them. The WWE has 50 years on them and they do OK going against Monday Night Football but make no mistake about Monday night is FOOTBALL night not rasslin night. I myself find the impact zone stale/old/size of a barn and watching the same people every Thursday really shows you how small there following really is. At BFG TNA's biggest ppv of the year they only had 3,500 people attend and from what I heard they were giving tickets away by the dozen. If you get free rasslin tickets and your not a fan of rasslin that person wasted there time and the promotion lost as well. If you don't care you will be sitting in your seat not understanding the storyline, not understanding the story the wrestlers are trying to tell in the ring and you will not understand the magic that is pro rasslin. There is no WAR, there never WAS A WAR, hell it wasn't even a battle. I am a fan of TNA but even with all my infinite wisdom I don't really know how to help them. If I was working for TNA I would be worried every week if my check cleared. U MAD???

infinite wisdom
    hospitals suck

Free wrestling tickets?

Wow....way to go down TNA

#REAL!

Moderator "The Trinity" Kashdinero's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    To answer this you have to look at the positives and if there are enough of them.

IMO the only real positive is the production of the backstage vignette's. Which to be fair are pretty damn great! They make wwe's look very dated.

One could argue that their roster would be a factor but the way these guys are booked/positioned I feel it's a non-factor!

So NO i don't think they're ready for a "war" at all!
    Ma$$Dinero... We're shootin' now, bruv!

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Kash; calling it 4 years before Robbie.

Quote Originally Posted by Kashdinero View Post
    To answer this you have to look at the positives and if there are enough of them.

IMO the only real positive is the production of the backstage vignette's. Which to be fair are pretty damn great! They make wwe's look very dated.

One could argue that their roster would be a factor but the way these guys are booked/positioned I feel it's a non-factor!

So NO i don't think they're ready for a "war" at all!
    So the plus is how they hold backstage scenes but a minus is the roster?

LOL xD

#REAL!

Banned
    In an old van with no windows, passing out free candy.
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverGhost View Post
    So the plus is how they hold backstage scenes but a minus is the roster?

LOL xD
    SG thats what I got out of it too. HAHAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by IPEEINTHESHOWER View Post
    SG thats what I got out of it too. HAHAHAHAHA
    -smh- Then TNA should stop making their roster wrestle and hold backstage scenes. Maybe just maybe they will be in good shape for a war.

#REAL!

It's hilarious to me that Dixie actually believed that Hogan & his cohorts were still a big enough draw for her company to actually have a legitimate shot at competing with the E. That woman couldn't fail any harder at business if she tried.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    It's hilarious to me that Dixie actually believed that Hogan & his cohorts were still a big enough draw for her company to actually have a legitimate shot at competing with the E. That woman couldn't fail any harder at business if she tried.

Explains it all!

#REAL!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverGhost View Post
    Explains it all!
    Haha. So, so true.

Two things about that video that stuck out to me:

- How is it that no one in wrestling has figured out that Hogan always blocks a right hand and counters with a right of his own?

- Ric Flair and Mick Foley can look like used sanitary napkins during a televised hardcore match, but they have to censor a fireball to the face of a guy who often gets burnt hitting his meth pipe? I mean, I know they didn't air the whole thing because the spot was botched- but couldn't they have come up with something a little more logical than the censor excuse?

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9