Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Longer Title Reigns :)

We all loved to complain about the length of the title reigns, me included. I started to think about the current title reigns, so I looked up the information. Here you go:

WWE
    - CM Punk - 20/11/11 - 117 days

WHC - Daniel Bryan - 18/12/11 - 89 days

IC - Cody Rhodes - 12/8/11 - 217 days

US - Santino Marella - 5/3/12 - 11 days

Tag - Primo & Epico - 15/1/12 - 61 days

Diva - Beth Phoenix - 2/10/11 - 166 days

Now I'm not saying all the current title reigns are long (US, Tag), but the rest are looking great. Rhodes has held the title for 2/3rds of a year. I'm glad to see champions that hold the belts for some time. I hope this trend continues. Feel free to comment if you agree or disagree with longer title reigns or maybe about some people holding longer/shorter than needed.
    Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. - FMA

I have a feeling Cody Rhodes won't be dropping the title anytime soon. with the draft coming up, there will be more main eventers heading to Smackdown and with wade Barrett reportedly getting a big push this year, I don't see Cody Rhodes as a main eventer yet. dropping the title and not moving to the main event will be a step down

PREDICTION CONTESTS TOP 3
    Survivor Series- T6th
    Night of Champions - 17th
    Vengeance - T11th

Senior Member/Featured Blogger wrestlingfan66513's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Even ROH and TNA are doing good at long champions

TNA
    TNA World Title- Booby Roode 142 Days
    X-Division title- Austin Aries 187 Days
    Tag Team Titles- Joe and Magnus 33 Days
    TV Title- Robbie E 124 Days
    Knockouts- Gail Kim 124

ROH
    ROH World Title- Davey Richards 264 Days
    TV Title- Jay Lethal 216 Days
    Tag Titles- Briscoe Brothers 84 Days

Overall, I think this is a great time for all companies and their champs (Except Robbie E). But I think the most important thing about the title is DEFENCES. If they don't defend or have crappy title matches then it doesn't help the title at all
    #BennysTeddy

Efedding

Mike Hawk
    EWNCW World Champion (11-12-13 to 5/1/14) Vacated
    Current IWA World Champion (12-15-13 to Present)
    IWA Blackout Champion (3-24-13 to 4-27-14)
    Former JBW Television Champion (12-2-12 to 8-2-13)
    Former ICW Tag Team champion
    1st and last EWA Carnage World champion

Mixed Emotions (Pride and Sorrow)
    Current EWNCW World Tag Team Champions (4-19-13 to 4-26-14)
    Last EWNCW Grand, Hardcore and International Tag Champions

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wrestlingfan66513 View Post

TNA
    Knockouts- Gail Kim 124

ROH

Overall, I think this is a great time for all companies and their champs (Except Robbie E). But I think the most important thing about the title is DEFENCES. If they don't defend or have crappy title matches then it doesn't help the title at all
    Hey don't diss Robbie E.

I don't think Title Reigns are defined by their length but by what is acheived in during them. so as long as its not ridiculously short e.g Christian then it doesn't really matter
    THIS MAN IS GOING TO BE TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION ONE DAY...

Quote Originally Posted by wrestlingfan66513 View Post

TNA
    Knockouts- Gail Kim 124

ROH

Thanks for posting this!! I don't really pay close attention to TNA or ROH ( I probably should) and was hoping someone would comment how they're doing.

Defending the titles is key. Rhodes has had the issue of not defending a lot, but I still feel he's a great IC champ. They need to get a great feud in with a good title reign to really solidify their champion status.
    Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. - FMA

Senior Member/Featured Blogger wrestlingfan66513's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinker View Post
    Thanks for posting this!! I don't really pay close attention to TNA or ROH ( I probably should) and was hoping someone would comment how they're doing.

Defending the titles is key. Rhodes has had the issue of not defending a lot, but I still feel he's a great IC champ. They need to get a great feud in with a good title reign to really solidify their champion status.

Not counting World Titles, I think Aries is the best secondary title reign. He has had a variety of competitors and some Triple threat and fatal 4 way matches to boot. The only thing I want to see in his reign is a terrordome match and Ultimate X match.

Jay and Cody are both preoccupied with getting the World Title in my opinion and both have very few defenses really. Lethal only has 5 and Cody has 7 I think (Jackson, Dibiase, 10 man battle royal on Raw, Sheamus, Morrison(while Cody was in a suit), Booker T twice)
    #BennysTeddy

Efedding

Mike Hawk
    EWNCW World Champion (11-12-13 to 5/1/14) Vacated
    Current IWA World Champion (12-15-13 to Present)
    IWA Blackout Champion (3-24-13 to 4-27-14)
    Former JBW Television Champion (12-2-12 to 8-2-13)
    Former ICW Tag Team champion
    1st and last EWA Carnage World champion

Mixed Emotions (Pride and Sorrow)
    Current EWNCW World Tag Team Champions (4-19-13 to 4-26-14)
    Last EWNCW Grand, Hardcore and International Tag Champions

I really hope they are going for Cody to break Honky Tonk man's reign but I see show winning at Mania.....

Quote Originally Posted by A Wrestling GOD!!! View Post
    I really hope they are going for Cody to break Honky Tonk man's reign but I see show winning at Mania.....
    I sadly see this happening too. I was hoping for a title defense against Goldust. Cody could have won, but I just wanted to see the match at Mania.

This is a good thing and is more entertaining. the only down side to any of the WWE champions is with Cody. I feel as if he doesn't ever defend the title. To me when you don't have a story line feud for the title I don't know why they don't just have a guy get a title shot. It is very random to have Cody wrestle every week and win every week and have those matches be non-title. The other thing that bothers me about Cody is how the announcers treat him when he beats a maineventer. When he was feuding with Ortan a couple months back they put on some decent matches on Raw and Smackdown and Cody beat Orton clean on one Raw. Both Cole and Lawler both said how big of an upset that it was. To me this just craps on the IC Title as not being important. IDC who beats who but if a champion beats someone that is not a champion it cannot be a huge upset.

If they don't make cody WHC he should stay as IC champ and in Tna Aries is doing really good job,he is a great champ

What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....