Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ??tna??

IMO the only way they will ever get bigger is if they move Impact on the road. They don't have to scrap the Impact Zone completely though. It seems that TNA has fallen into the routine of filming two weeks of shows in two days. Monday and Tuesday. So to me it seems like they should try for two shows at the Impact Zone and two weeks later shoot Two shows some where else. This way we get different crowds that will be more excited to see the show instead of the same people over and over again. They should start out by going to the big wrestling cities and using some of there smaller venues. Go to New York, Chicago, Dallas and some other cities and film two episodes. To me I don't really see how the cost can be that high if you do it this way.

I understand you have to pay for the venue pay the truckers, the ring crew and things like that but being able to film in the same building to nights in a row cuts down in half of the cost. Also you can have a smaller version of the IMpact set that way you dont have to tear it down all the time. But I feel like that could also confuse people who don't watch the show consistantly. It is a good thing to have the same set every show IMO.

Also. It is beyond m knowledge why they have big PPV's at the Impact Zone. It is hard to sell one of your top PPV's when you are doing it in a palce that holds one thousand people. Do your small PPV's at the impact zone and move the bigger ones on the road somewhere. For example it was mine boggling that the two Impacts that were before the last PPV were in a nice looking arena in England and then the PPV was back in the Tiny Impact Zone.

In short. Split the taping with the impact zone and the road. This keeps travel down and keeps your stars that are mainly there for that reason and helps expand the company. They will never get big unless they go on the road and get different people watching.

This will also help the obvious crowd voice overs. There are so many times watching TNA in the Impact Zone that you hear the loudest boos ever but the crowd in the background doesn't even look like they are paying attention. This is extremely distracting to me and only makes the production look sub par. Which lets face it. The WWE has Live Tv Show production down to a science. They might be the best company at Live broadcasting. Rarely do we get sound issues or video issues on Raw.

it still baffles me how it can be costly. they tape in the impact zone where the crowd get in for free, <that is costly, where are they getting paid when the fans don't pay? from spike i'm sure and merchandise sales. but if they went on the road they usually sell out arenas they travel to for house shows. those are the people paying to get in, those are the people who fervently buy merchandise in large numbers. if they tape impacts there then they will cover the cost plus profit.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by matt1tude View Post
    it still baffles me how it can be costly. they tape in the impact zone where the crowd get in for free, <that is costly, where are they getting paid when the fans don't pay? from spike i'm sure and merchandise sales. but if they went on the road they usually sell out arenas they travel to for house shows. those are the people paying to get in, those are the people who fervently buy merchandise in large numbers. if they tape impacts there then they will cover the cost plus profit.
    You're overlooking the cost of transporting all the recording gear to a second site, insurance, paying a bond, the overhead on stuff like security at the building, probably having to pay for boarding the tech crews and drivers, etc, things that all add up to a sizable sum. 1000 people at a house show may average spending ten bucks on merchandise, so it's not like a vast fortune is generated there, either.

That said, I fully agree (and have said so in print) they should tape elsewhere more often, considering the cost more like an investment in looking more major league. IMO, the way the shows were lit and shot in England looked GREAT.
    --Stately

visit the home of The Return Of The Official Greatest Heel Column Ever
    http://www.swmswm.com/StatelyStates.htm

I'm sure they can do it once a month. Tape 2 episodes at the arena, for that you get a paying audience, a hot audience, a new venue for our eyes to see. I loved the old WCW set back in the day.

Blog Entries
    They should start saving if they want to move out on the road permanently. Start by firing the people that don't contribute much: Hogan, Eric Bischoff's son, Rob Terry, Robbie E, Anarquia, Christy Hemme (shes a decent announcer, but they pay her too much. She get's paid more than the KOs!).

its easier to tape 4 shows in one or 2 days in one week in one place.

They should just go for it balls to the wall look at the recent tapings in england the reaction was amazing and then a ppv after them zzzzzzzz definately need to change it up even do a few tapings a year at first kind of like a trial basis.