Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

ROH set to create a women division - who do you want?

Well current (and only) ROH female wrestler Mia Yim talked to Diva-Dirt about ROH starting a women's division - “I really hope I’m involved. I don’t know [many] details about it besides that next year… I was just told that next year they’re going to be starting a women’s division. I don’t know if they’re going to have their own belt or anything.”

So if ROH were to start a women's division (and I can guarantee it will be the best one on television) who would you pick for it?

I'd have Mia Yim, MsChif, Candice LaRae, Taeler Hendrix, Martie Belle, Jazz, Nikki Roxx, Rain, Angela Fong, Barbi Hayden (the 'eye candy' for the division) and Cheerleader.
    Right to Un-censor!

Really, what's the point? They did pretty much fuck all when they were partnered with Shimmer through Prazak, (pretty sure every match had some combination of Del Ray, Haze and MsChif) most fans only mildly cared at best, and even the match quality took a nosedive around 2010-2011 as they got less and less match time on the show. Besides, they're having serious problems building a decent midcard as it is without trying to jam some more shit in there.

Nontheless: Madison Eagles.

Senior Member/Featured Blogger wrestlingfan66513's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroyeti View Post
    Really, what's the point? They did pretty much fuck all when they were partnered with Shimmer through Prazak, (pretty sure every match had some combination of Del Ray, Haze and MsChif) most fans only mildly cared at best, and even the match quality took a nosedive around 2010-2011 as they got less and less match time on the show. Besides, they're having serious problems building a decent midcard as it is without trying to jam some more shit in there.

I kind of agree with this. If they get money then they should use it for production quality of their show or marketing
    #BennysTeddy

Efedding

Mike Hawk
    EWNCW World Champion (11-12-13 to 5/1/14) Vacated
    Current IWA World Champion (12-15-13 to Present)
    IWA Blackout Champion (3-24-13 to 4-27-14)
    Former JBW Television Champion (12-2-12 to 8-2-13)
    Former ICW Tag Team champion
    1st and last EWA Carnage World champion

Mixed Emotions (Pride and Sorrow)
    Current EWNCW World Tag Team Champions (4-19-13 to 4-26-14)
    Last EWNCW Grand, Hardcore and International Tag Champions

Blog Entries
    Not until they get a better TV deal.... It no doubt they will give the Knockouts a run for their money...
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

A women's division sounds like a good idea for ROH but NOT FUCKING NOW!!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverGhost View Post
    A women's division sounds like a good idea for ROH but NOT FUCKING NOW!!
    This. They dont need it right now but it would give ROH great roster depth in a future time when they get a better TV deal.
    S.E. Zero is now Luizero. Look him up

Blog Entries
    They can't build the three divisions they have as it is for PPVs, building only four or five matches from an eight match card at the last PPV, so throwing in another division would do more harm than good. I'm not against a women's division, but they simply don't have the time right now. He'll, I'd want them to have three hours a week for that to be added, because with the one hour show they have to alternate between feuds each week, and two hours would give them just enough time to cover most of their feuds each week
    "The Best of British" Rob Rage

HWA Midcarder of the Year 2011
    Longest Reigning HWA Universal Champion Ever
    EWA, HWA, AWF, JBW, IWA & BitW Legend
    Real HWA Supremacy World Champion
    IWA Insane Asylum Winner 2012
    First Ever JBW Underground Champion
    EWN Midcarder of the Year 2012
    EWN Promo of the Year 2012

It's a good idea for ROH to have a womens division in the long term, but right now isn't the time IMO. they need to keep building the company and get a better TV deal first, then think about doing it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    It's a good idea for ROH to have a womens division in the long term, but right now isn't the time IMO. they need to keep building the company and get a better TV deal first, then think about doing it.
    I think part of getting a new TV Deal would be building a Womans division. a TV Station will want a product that caters to everyone. also remember they said next year, so we'll see what the state of ROH is nearer the time before judging what the succsess or lack of with be. ROH also needs to expand its main roster first.
    THIS MAN IS GOING TO BE TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION ONE DAY...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroyeti View Post

They had a womens division back from 2001 - 2005. It dissolved for a while then it returned with MsChif, Del Rey, Daizee Haze and Amazing Kong usually facing each other or other indy wrestlers
    Right to Un-censor!