Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 35
  1. #11
    Black Ninja!! SilverGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    16,300
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. McMahon View Post
    we've been tuning in since like 4-5 months, yet they haven't explained a thing. People actually enjoing this storyline proves that they have lowered their standards and will feed anything the wwe throws at them. This is a horrible angle been going on for months. There is no logic behind it.

    Yes I expect answers to come, every storyline has answers, atleast a storyline thats has been going on for months should and must have answers, right now its just a big clusterfuck. Imagine if in the alliance storyline, all they did was attack WWF guys, they never said why, they never explained that Shane/Steph owned WCW... and the only guy they would target is Kurt Angle. Also the locker room would not even come out to help Kurt Angle when he is getting beated up by a bunch of guys. Thats exactly what the alliance storyline would be following this Nexus logic, it would make no sense.

    hope its clear now. Imagine watching a 3 hour movie and all people are doing is the killing each other. They don't tell you why they are killing, and the police/army never get involved, nothing gets explained, imagine how lame that would be.

    The reason they have not explained anything is because creative themselves have no clue what to do, they are lazy and have not planned anything in advance. This is why storylines today are short, stupid and not memorable, they don't have that lasting appeal that storylines of the past had.

    Don't get my wrong, I loved the Nexus angle when it began, but they completely destroyed it by repeating the same thing over and over again
    As far as I'm concerned I haven't lowered my standards. This angle is great and I don't know why you don't see the good part of this. Maybe WWE is smart and actually let Cena in Nexus because people want to see Cena as a bad guy. Long time overdue and he needs to be heel. WWE knows that people(wrestling fans) hate Cena since he can't wrestle but can be made up by turning heel.

    Also, you want your answer? Cena wins the WWE title at the end. <-----there is your answer.

    Memorable? Nexus tearing apart Raw and the following week did a demolition derby in the parking lot is memorable enough. Again Nexus has a plan but they haven't revealed it. We tune in to find out.

    Anyways Nexus is going to die soon. Why not just enjoy it while it lasts?

    #REAL!

  2. #12
    Black Ninja! K2Jelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Crying My Eyes Out About Everything
    Posts
    16,680
    Blog Entries
    5
    I have to agree with Mr. McMahon, but not about Vince getting involved, but because Nexus doesn't seem to be going in any direction. At first, their goal was to get retribution on the WWE for being mistreated thus the reason for attacking the WWE superstars. Now, the only superstars involved in the Nexus angle outside of the Nexus themselves is Cena and Orton. When the other superstars were involved, at least they got to have some screen time and more matches such as Summerslam and the aftermath. Now, it's just come down to Orton and Cena which we all know have been getting the most attention on RAW for the past two years. Like you said SG, the angle will end,(Thank God) but now all that means is that no one who deserves to have a push won't get it because Orton and Cena are involved in a storyline in which they don't really need to be the center of. I don't care if Cena keeps getting his ass kicked all the time. That doesn't make Nexus any more "epic" especially considering the fact that their numbers have dwindled and should make them less of a threat even with Cena.


  3. #13
    Black Ninja!! SilverGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    16,300
    I see this angle going somewhere and its interesting. And yes the Nexus angle will end but what will get out of it? 4 good wrestlers(Barrett, Gabriel, Husky, and Joe)

    This angle is what is keeping some fans interested. They wanna see what Nexus can do to the popular stars.

    As for me, I like to see Cena in his current form. SuperCena has been successful for far too long. Watching Cena being Barrett's puppet is fun to watch.

    #REAL!

  4. #14
    Black Ninja! K2Jelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Crying My Eyes Out About Everything
    Posts
    16,680
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverGhost View Post
    I see this angle going somewhere and its interesting. And yes the Nexus angle will end but what will get out of it? 4 good wrestlers(Barrett, Gabriel, Husky, and Joe)

    This angle is what is keeping some fans interested. They wanna see what Nexus can do to the popular stars.

    As for me, I like to see Cena in his current form. SuperCena has been successful for far too long. Watching Cena being Barrett's puppet is fun to watch.
    It's not guarenteed that Gabriel, Husky or MM will get anything out the angle. BTW, what's so interesting about it anyway?

    All they do is beat up the same people now, most have lackluster matches and get involved in random affairs that don't concern them. :S
    All this is doing is giving Cena even MORE attention. I would like it better if Cena willingly turned heel or if other superstars got involved with the angle other than the usual main eventers, Orton, who has gotten very lackluster and Cena, no explanation needed there.


  5. #15
    Black Ninja!! SilverGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    16,300
    Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    It's not guarenteed that Gabriel, Husky or MM will get anything out the angle. BTW, what's so interesting about it anyway?

    All they do is beat up the same people now, most have lackluster matches and get involved in random affairs that don't concern them. :S
    All this is doing is giving Cena even MORE attention. I would like it better if Cena willingly turned heel or if other superstars got involved with the angle other than the usual main eventers, Orton, who has gotten very lackluster and Cena, no explanation needed there.
    What I meant was WWE will get 4 new talents that they can let them stay in RAW or send them to SD!

    I find it interesting because I grew tired of Cena turning to SuperCena. Basically the same thing in every Cena angle. Cena winning. Nexus is basically targeting the popular stars. As for plans, I have no clue whatsoever.

    And of course its giving Cena more attention because they want to see him snap at Barrett and Nexus. Creative though is smart to make Cena (finally) a weak man. He isn't Superman.

    #REAL!

  6. #16
    Black Ninja! K2Jelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Crying My Eyes Out About Everything
    Posts
    16,680
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverGhost View Post
    What I meant was WWE will get 4 new talents that they can let them stay in RAW or send them to SD!

    I find it interesting because I grew tired of Cena turning to SuperCena. Basically the same thing in every Cena angle. Cena winning. Nexus is basically targeting the popular stars. As for plans, I have no clue whatsoever.

    And of course its giving Cena more attention because they want to see him snap at Barrett and Nexus. Creative though is smart to make Cena (finally) a weak man. He isn't Superman.
    Cena is called SuperCena because of him overcoming the odds in every match. Nexus hasn't changed that even when they make him do degrading things.

    Besides, a storyline with no direction is utterly pointless.


  7. #17
    Black Ninja!! SilverGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    16,300
    Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    Cena is called SuperCena because of him overcoming the odds in every match. Nexus hasn't changed that even when they make him do degrading things.

    Besides, a storyline with no direction is utterly pointless.
    Unless creative says you can't be SuperCena today >.> If that was the case, Nexus should have been done in HIAC and we wouldn't be talking about this now. They are going somewhere with this.

    #REAL!

  8. #18
    Black Ninja! K2Jelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Crying My Eyes Out About Everything
    Posts
    16,680
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverGhost View Post
    Unless creative says you can't be SuperCena today >.> If that was the case, Nexus should have been done in HIAC and we wouldn't be talking about this now. They are going somewhere with this.
    Yep. Another WWE Championship for Cena.


  9. #19
    Black Ninja!! SilverGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    16,300
    Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    Yep. Another WWE Championship for Cena.
    -smh- Cena has way too many titles already.

    #REAL!

  10. #20
    I actually somewhat agree with the OP. Raw is thisclose to coming off my DVR list b/c of this storyline. It's dull, repetitive, and senseless. This far in, I should understand exactly why this group exists and what their aim is. Plus, most stables like this are done with established stars, people who you could actually see being able to take the company down or dominate the other stars. The idea that all of this is being done by guys the average wrestling fan didn't even know existed less than a year ago is ridiculous. Also people keep harping on Barrett...am I missing something? A 30-year old dude who looks 37 with a stuffy accent and his grandfather's haircut is exciting how exactly? He has zero charisma and puts on boring matches just like the rest of the stable. Still, I disagree that they would have been much better with Bryan as their leader. While he is definitely the best wrestler of the group, his promos are painful at times. In my opinion, where they really messed up is when Cena joined. What would've been totally awesome was if Cena had been revealed to be behind Nexus all along, a la a Hulk Hogan Bash at the Beach moment. Can you imagine? The audience would've rioted. When I first heard Cena was joining that's what I thought they were going to do, but no instead we have Nexus and the anonymous GM holding SuperCena hostage...(yawn).

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.