Blog Entries
    Question. are college and University two different things in the UK? Because here in the US University and College are the same thing.
    HolyJose
    JBW WARFare World Television Champion-1 time
    JBW WARFare World Tag Team Champion-1 Time
    First Dual Champion in JBW History
    Alpha Revolution North American Heavyweight Champion-1 time
    EWNCW Blacklist Champions-1 Time
    JBW Champion-1 Time

Azrael
    JBW WARFare World Tag Team Champion-1 time

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyJose2391 View Post
    Question. are college and University two different things in the UK? Because here in the US University and College are the same thing.
    Yes.

University you get a degree from. You have to pay for the course (a big yearly fee). Most undergraduate courses are 3 years, medical courses like dentist, doctors are 6 years. Upon completing that you can go on to do a Masters degree in a specific subject which is an extra year (this is what I did), and after that, you can go on to do a PHD which is another 3 years where you have to write a huge massive thesis on a certain topic.
    In University you have lectures (usually just a few hours a day) and you go out drinking a lot, and do all sorts of crazy stuff in your spare time. You'd usually live on the University campus for your first year (and sometimes second) before moving into a house with your friends.

College is an extension of school. Most people go to college after leaving school at the age of 16 (you'd wait to finish school at 18 to go to University), and you'd go on to study various courses that range from learning a trade, like carpentry, plumbing, bricklaying, electrician etc, or a beauty course (for girls (and some boys I guess)) IT and computers etc.
    Some people also go to college to do their final 2 years of school instead of staying in school to complete those exams.
    The qualification you'd gain from college varies from course to course. The qualification I'm getting for example is a Level 2 diploma and NVQ in Electrical Engineering. I'm also getting some other qualification which I can't remember what it is lol.
    Also, you'd be staying at home if you were at college, as they don't provide halls for you to live in.

But in short, yeah, there's a massive difference between both. Take it from a guy who's experienced both!
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Yes.

University you get a degree from. You have to pay for the course (a big yearly fee). Most undergraduate courses are 3 years, medical courses like dentist, doctors are 6 years. Upon completing that you can go on to do a Masters degree in a specific subject which is an extra year (this is what I did), and after that, you can go on to do a PHD which is another 3 years where you have to write a huge massive thesis on a certain topic.
    In University you have lectures (usually just a few hours a day) and you go out drinking a lot, and do all sorts of crazy stuff in your spare time. You'd usually live on the University campus for your first year (and sometimes second) before moving into a house with your friends.

College is an extension of school. Most people go to college after leaving school at the age of 16 (you'd wait to finish school at 18 to go to University), and you'd go on to study various courses that range from learning a trade, like carpentry, plumbing, bricklaying, electrician etc, or a beauty course (for girls (and some boys I guess)) IT and computers etc.
    Some people also go to college to do their final 2 years of school instead of staying in school to complete those exams.
    The qualification you'd gain from college varies from course to course. The qualification I'm getting for example is a Level 2 diploma and NVQ in Electrical Engineering. I'm also getting some other qualification which I can't remember what it is lol.
    Also, you'd be staying at home if you were at college, as they don't provide halls for you to live in.

But in short, yeah, there's a massive difference between both. Take it from a guy who's experienced both!
    Ah ok. Yeah in the US University and College are interchangeable. Your college sounds a lot of our Trade Schools or Community College interesting to know how it works!
    HolyJose
    JBW Champion-1 Time

Azrael

*You hear music blasting through DJ's locker room, the camera man peeks through the door to see DJ sitting in a blue leather lazy boy recliner playing NBA 2k13 as the Knicks.*

DJ: You have to be kidding me!? *a minutes passes* What the fuck was that J.R Smith, make the damn shot!.......

Rosita: Damn babe you suck aha

DJ: What the fuck, do you not see the score, it's 79-65 in the 3rd quarter, and besides, I don't suck, it's just that these niggas can't make a damn basket!

Rosita: Ahaha calm your ass down, it's just a game.

DJ: Ha, coming from the same person who threw the controller at the wall after I beat you.

*Rosita gives DJ a dirty stare*

DJ: Yea, it aint funny now is it hahaha

Rosita: Fuck You!

DJ: Aww, why you got to be like that

*Rosita walks out slamming the door behind her*

DJ: She will get over it.....Yes! Finally Carmello, you dunk the ball!

E-fed: Jackson "The Boss" Smith- IWA & former ICW superstar
    DJ "The Ladies Man" Williams w/ Rosita-EWNCW
    Devon "Just Damn Good" Jones

Blog Entries
    im not sure to be honest

i was undecided about where i wanted to go in life untill my last year of High School
    i only did the last year because i was undecided
    at some point the thought of becoming an architect crossed my mind
    thus i applied to get into an Architectural Technology course at college at HND(Higher National Diploma) level
    but now im back to were i was before
    im not sure what i want
    Prediction Contest Podiums:
    Extreme Rules: 1st (Perfect Score)
    Payback: 3rd

CGBigMan - The Football Manager

EWNCW - Gillz:
    Superstar of the Year (2011)
    World Heavyweight Champion Aug 29th (11) - Oct 30th (11)
    EWNCW Champion Nov 28th (11) - Apr 16th (12)
    BWA Undisputed World Tag Champions Feb 19th (12) - March 18th (12) (With Ryan Wells)

WWE Fed - Manik:
    Royal Rumble Entrant

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Yes.

Funny. The so called Bologna Process to unify European degrees should follow this model, (although I thought it was 3+2 years of master). In Spain we opted for a 4 years degree+ 1 of master. Moronic. Is this supposed to unify titles? The why using a different course duration?

For you to know, my degree in English (with the old plan) was 5 years, no master. Then I failed completing the PHD (optative) for several reasons, and finally made a one year master (completed this October) in North American studies in a different Uni. The result? Unemployment, and barely any chance to find almost anything, besides door-to-door saleman or telemarketer. I'm appying to the car factory, like a vintage early XX century worker, as they will recruit new folks soon. Turning myself into a metalhead version of Chaplin in Modern Times.

Join the Best e-fed, EWNCW!! Send a PM to Tommy Thunder, Kingstrem, TheJosephBanks, S.E.Zero, TTC or me filling the form you'll find in the Inferno Thread.

Find all the EWNCW links here.

The Jesting Madness: Last EWNCW Tag Team Champions (6/3/12-5-5-12), first ever EWNCW Blacklist Champions (5-5-12/11-12)

Also check TWE!!

Blog Entries
    And why nobody enters my contest?

Join the Best e-fed, EWNCW!! Send a PM to Tommy Thunder, Kingstrem, TheJosephBanks, S.E.Zero, TTC or me filling the form you'll find in the Inferno Thread.

The Jesting Madness: Last EWNCW Tag Team Champions (6/3/12-5-5-12), first ever EWNCW Blacklist Champions (5-5-12/11-12)

Also check TWE!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grind_Bastard View Post
    And why nobody enters my contest?
    What do we win?
    HolyJose
    JBW Champion-1 Time

Azrael

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyJose2391 View Post
    What do we win?
    Don't know yet. There were more important matters to set.

Also check TWE!!

I have a Street Degree , that's a Quick Education and you make money as you learn

MARK DIMENSION
    *EWNCW INTERNATIONAL CHAMPION
    NOVEMBER.27,2011-March.6,2012

*EwncW EVOLUTION CHAMPION
    11.12.2012-5.28.2013

THE NEW ASSAULT PROGRAM
    *BWA INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONS
    9.4.2011-Forever

*BWA/EwncW INTERNET CHAMPIONS
    5.5.2012-9.26.2012

*EwncW CHAMPIONS
    4.7.2013-8.25.2013