Page 3762 of 4075 FirstFirst ... 2762 3262 3662 3712 375237603761376237633764 3772 3812 3862 ... LastLast
Results 37,611 to 37,620 of 40747
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    We're stuck between a rock and a hard place man. One one hand I have people on a near weekly basis saying that our shows aren't out on time, and on the other hand I have people saying that they don't have enough time to do promos.
    What would you have me do?

All I'm trying to do is steer the ship back on track. Rage is meant to be on Monday. It looks stupid when I post a show that opens with "Welcome to Monday night Rage" when it's actually on Wednesday or whatever. The only way to pull the gap back is if everyone puts that little bit of extra effort in this week to do their promos in a slightly smaller space of time and we're back on track.
    Ok, so let's get back to the original issues then, and I will offer my suggestions for fixing them, and then I can rest easy that I fully gave the feedback requested, in an actually useful manner.

I post the show because I proof read everything before posting it. There's ALWAYS things that I change as I'm posting the show because they're wrong, formatted incorrectly amongst other things.
    Ok, You guys have the Batcave, so assuming you follow the standard of having everything posted there pre-show, you should be able to give yourself a day to review and edit, then anyone could post it, in theory.

Plus, I don't want to bestow the pressure of posting a show on Grind because he's stressed enough as it is with things. And no offense to TTC, but I don't think he's responsible enough to post a show given his track record.
    You know, I think this may be part of the reason IWA got an apprentice. Seriously though, find someone you trust as a no 2 for Rage. The only reason you are the man pushing the boulder up the mountain is because you insist on doing it alone.

Because I was expecting the main event that Grind was writing (haven't a clue why he hadn't written it before hand) to be in by the time I was ending the show. As it turned out, it didn't come in. As it turns out, the whole show was posted within a timeframe of 24 hours, so I don't think it's al that bad.
    This is a whole different problem, Obviously if you don't have the match, you can't post it. Your options at that point become either writing a quick version yourself, or skipping it, which you can't exactly do, especially for a ME. I get it, I do. but why were you waiting at the 11th hour for him? If the show goes up Monday, then matches should be in by at least Sunday, (really I would say Saturday) Now maybe Grind has a lot on his plate, but then if that's the case, maybe he's not the guy to write the ME match.

24 hours isn't bad, but to be frank, it isn't good either. You wanted honest feedback, you got it Like I said before, if there is a delay of like 3+ hours, it's a hell of a lot harder to get people to bother reading the end of the show, which is obviously a bad thing.

I agree. If you can't do a promo in a week, then you may as well give up. Some have learnt that the hard way this week between both shows, and a few in the past have learnt this the hard way. One guy even threw a tantrum on us because he felt we were being unfair on him asking him to do promos within set timeframes (one week).
    As to who doesn't get promos in on time etc, then I won't name names, but it does tend to usually be a select few that are late each time.
    Indeed, if you can get the promo assignments out the day after the show, then no matter how many people are involved, there is no excuse to get a promo in late (Aside from RL issues, of course) Of course, depending on how far you have everything setup, that can be easier said than done.

I know, I'm grateful that you care so much man. If everyone cared as much as you evidently do here then we'd be in a good place. We're doing all we can to cut the delay. And while late promos isn't the only factor, right now, it's one of the biggest factors as to why things are so untimely.
    Yeah, let's see how grateful you are now

Seriously though, as far as I can see, there are 2 ways to stop these issues

1. Change the Rage schedule, make it Wednesday Night Rage, if that works better for your RL schedule, as long as it becomes a steady day, the actual day chosen really isn't that important.

2. Get help you trust. Get an apprentice, a flying monkey, or someone who you can at least trust to post the show each week, that way no matter what happens, it goes up. I don't know exactly when that system changed, but it used to be that just about every e-fed I saw had a backup for stuff like that. (or at least someone else in creative willing to step up and help out)

Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.

Could I chuck my 2 penneth in here please.

Just a couple of suggestions,

Firstly. Plan out the shows a while in advance so you know whats being worked on,Say you plan out a month in advance then you post the show monday, Look at the plan send out promo requests tuesday with a deadline of saturday. It gives the guy 5 days to write the promo, you 2 days to put it into a show and you also get tues-saturday away from writing.If a promo isnt in on time tough.

On multi man promos tell each individual what you expect of them, that way they can get the core of the promo done and just at the meat to the bones based on what the other guys said. But also if your having trouble with 4-5 man promos simply dont do them.

Second option is move to fortnightly shows personally I dont think this is a great option as it just gives people more time to push promos to the back of there mind.

But everybdy needs to remember this isnt a job just a bit off fun for roster and writers
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Bastard........
    Did you just troll me? That's so not cool man!

We're stuck between a rock and a hard place man. One one hand I have people on a near weekly basis saying that our shows aren't out on time, and on the other hand I have people saying that they don't have enough time to do promos.
    What would you have me do?

All I'm trying to do is steer the ship back on track. Rage is meant to be on Monday. It looks stupid when I post a show that opens with "Welcome to Monday night Rage" when it's actually on Wednesday or whatever. The only way to pull the gap back is if everyone puts that little bit of extra effort in this week to do their promos in a slightly smaller space of time and we're back on track.
    Maybe the shows could be trimmed down a bit more? Less work means faster releases.
    A R R I VE.
    P A N DA-A T T A C K
    L E A V E.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post
    Ok, so let's get back to the original issues then, and I will offer my suggestions for fixing them, and then I can rest easy that I fully gave the feedback requested, in an actually useful manner.

Ok, You guys have the Batcave, so assuming you follow the standard of having everything posted there pre-show, you should be able to give yourself a day to review and edit, then anyone could post it, in theory.

You know, I think this may be part of the reason IWA got an apprentice. Seriously though, find someone you trust as a no 2 for Rage. The only reason you are the man pushing the boulder up the mountain is because you insist on doing it alone.

This is a whole different problem, Obviously if you don't have the match, you can't post it. Your options at that point become either writing a quick version yourself, or skipping it, which you can't exactly do, especially for a ME. I get it, I do. but why were you waiting at the 11th hour for him? If the show goes up Monday, then matches should be in by at least Sunday, (really I would say Saturday) Now maybe Grind has a lot on his plate, but then if that's the case, maybe he's not the guy to write the ME match.

24 hours isn't bad, but to be frank, it isn't good either. You wanted honest feedback, you got it Like I said before, if there is a delay of like 3+ hours, it's a hell of a lot harder to get people to bother reading the end of the show, which is obviously a bad thing.

Indeed, if you can get the promo assignments out the day after the show, then no matter how many people are involved, there is no excuse to get a promo in late (Aside from RL issues, of course) Of course, depending on how far you have everything setup, that can be easier said than done.

Yeah, let's see how grateful you are now

Seriously though, as far as I can see, there are 2 ways to stop these issues

1. Change the Rage schedule, make it Wednesday Night Rage, if that works better for your RL schedule, as long as it becomes a steady day, the actual day chosen really isn't that important.

2. Get help you trust. Get an apprentice, a flying monkey, or someone who you can at least trust to post the show each week, that way no matter what happens, it goes up. I don't know exactly when that system changed, but it used to be that just about every e-fed I saw had a backup for stuff like that. (or at least someone else in creative willing to step up and help out)
    I'm gong to have to PM you. Some things I say might come across the wrong way, and I don't want to be in trouble.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Blog Entries
    I'm gong to have to PM you. Some things I say might come across the wrong way, and I don't want to be in trouble.
    Fair enough man, you know I say all this out of love EWNCW was the first efed I started seriously reading, well before I ever made BB, and I want to see it go even farther than it's past glory. I'd offer to post the shows myself if I could promise the time each week, but I really can't.

As far as why I went here instead of to PM, it's because I trust the internet to tell me when I am wrong, so if I was just being obtuse about the entire thing, I want people to let me know

Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post
    Fair enough man, you know I say all this out of love EWNCW was the first efed I started seriously reading, well before I ever made BB, and I want to see it go even farther than it's past glory. I'd offer to post the shows myself if I could promise the time each week, but I really can't.

As far as why I went here instead of to PM, it's because I trust the internet to tell me when I am wrong, so if I was just being obtuse about the entire thing, I want people to let me know
    I know you do man, you don't need to worry about voicing opinions here. As you know, I'm all about voicing opinions, no matter how controversial they may be. As long as you're being honest, I don't mind at all, because like you, I just want to make this place a better place.

Right apologies I've been working hard these last few days. Providing I have time I'll read Rage/Inferno with feedback and get on with my promo, I'll do at least one tonight.
    TBOZ - Current EWNCW Evolution Champion - 28/05/2013

Former EWNCW World Heavyweight Champion - 06/03/2012 - 04/07/2012

Former 4x WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPION with GodMoney

Want to become that great? Then join EWNCW today! PM me!

Need advice on how to get started as an e-wrestler? Just PM me, I'm always free to chat!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardOfZeus View Post
    Right apologies I've been working hard these last few days. Providing I have time I'll read Rage/Inferno with feedback and get on with my promo, I'll do at least one tonight.
    Cool, thanks man!

Best Match: Main event. Best match of the show for sure

Best Promo: HW/JM. Very well written promo especially Eddie's part.

Best Debut: Great to see guys to return back in EWNCW

Best Piece of Booking: Hostile takeover! Nuff said

Any Piece of Booking You Didn't Like: I would have like to see Angelo in a tag team match with his partner, Mr Smyth not with someone else. I understand that you did that to create an angle with Angelo and Dixon. But it doesn't feel right to me to watch Angelo teaming with someone else on Inferno. Serra vs vs Gillz Tommy doesn't feel right to me as well i can name three guys who deserve it more to face Tommy for the title. Blade is SilverGhost character and Gillz is CGBigman's right? Haven't seen them in years in this thread. Still i believe neither of them deserve the title shot.

Any Matches and/or Promos That Could've Been Improved: Well written matches. Not something spectacular but still they were good.

Any Other Positives: I'm expecting a lot of things from Doom. Interesting character have to say SB's promos are really good lately. Doom can be a top guy in the future maybe a possible face turn. A "Ryback" who can fight and talk. Abel, Doom and Bastard segment was really good.

Any Other Constructive Criticism: nothing more to say.

Overall Show Grade: B-

What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

Quote Originally Posted by magglis View Post
    Best Match: Main event. Best match of the show for sure

Best Promo: HW/JM. Very well written promo especially Eddie's part.

Best Debut: Great to see guys to return back in EWNCW

Best Piece of Booking: Hostile takeover! Nuff said

Any Piece of Booking You Didn't Like: I would have like to see Angelo in a tag team match with his partner, Mr Smyth not with someone else. I understand that you did that to create an angle with Angelo and Dixon. But it doesn't feel right to me to watch Angelo teaming with someone else on Inferno. Serra vs vs Gillz Tommy doesn't feel right to me as well i can name three guys who deserve it more to face Tommy for the title. Blade is SilverGhost character and Gillz is CGBigman's right? Haven't seen them in years in this thread. Still i believe neither of them deserve the title shot.

Any Matches and/or Promos That Could've Been Improved: Well written matches. Not something spectacular but still they were good.

Any Other Positives: I'm expecting a lot of things from Doom. Interesting character have to say SB's promos are really good lately. Doom can be a top guy in the future maybe a possible face turn. A "Ryback" who can fight and talk. Abel, Doom and Bastard segment was really good.

Any Other Constructive Criticism: nothing more to say.

Overall Show Grade: B-
    And Sasha.........

What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....