Page 69 of 74 FirstFirst ... 19 596768697071 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 690 of 735

Thread: N7 Headquarters

  1. #681
    Moderator Asherdelampyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Boktor, Drasnia
    Posts
    10,791
    Blog Entries
    1
    Go with the Shotgun, combat becomes less of an issue in ME1 that way (At least in my experience)


    Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.
     

  2. #682
    Black Ninja! Tommy Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    25,851
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    Fortunately they realized how terrible it was and made overhauling the combat a priority for ME2.
    Thankfully. Makes playing back through ME1 again a real chore at times though! Especially during the early missions where you haven't got much in terms of upgrades. I just spent an age doing the part in Chora's Den where you're after Fist.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!


  3. #683
    Black Ninja! Tommy Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    25,851
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post
    Go with the Shotgun, combat becomes less of an issue in ME1 that way (At least in my experience)
    While I do find myself switching weapons a lot (I barely touch the sniper rifle though because that's just a whole new level of LOL), I find the shotgun to be effective, but still overheats too quick for my liking. i do still use it a lot more than I would in the next two games though.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!


  4. #684
    Moderator Asherdelampyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Boktor, Drasnia
    Posts
    10,791
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    While I do find myself switching weapons a lot (I barely touch the sniper rifle though because that's just a whole new level of LOL), I find the shotgun to be effective, but still overheats too quick for my liking. i do still use it a lot more than I would in the next two games though.
    The sniper rifle in ME1 is an exercise in breaking controllers out of frustration.
    The shotgun can overheat a bit, but if you go with the Spectre model and the right upgrade (Coil, I think, can't remember the name off hand) you get 6-7 shots before it overheats, which, with tech or biotic talents is usually enough to clear the room (at least it is with me as a tech, being backed up by Garrus and Wrex)


    Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.
     

  5. #685
    Black Ninja! Tommy Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    25,851
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post
    The sniper rifle in ME1 is an exercise in breaking controllers out of frustration.
    The shotgun can overheat a bit, but if you go with the Spectre model and the right upgrade (Coil, I think, can't remember the name off hand) you get 6-7 shots before it overheats, which, with tech or biotic talents is usually enough to clear the room (at least it is with me as a tech, being backed up by Garrus and Wrex)
    Tell me about it. I get that in real life you can't hold the gun 100% steady, but come on! The way it's moving about is like Shepard has a really bad case of the shakes or something!
    Thanks for the tip, I'll look into that on my way through it to see if I can find something that works for me. Otherwise, I fear that this will be a long play-through!
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!


  6. #686
    Black Ninja Moderator Bodom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    16,957
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

  7. #687
    Black Ninja! Tommy Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    25,851
    Blog Entries
    1
    Took Asher's tip on the shotguns. And phwoar, has it worked!
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!


  8. #688
    Black Ninja! Tommy Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    25,851
    Blog Entries
    1
    Hmm, ME2 is proving a bit more of a slog, but I'm getting through it. Can't wait to get the Revenant assault rifle though. The Vindicator is good enough for any difficulty up to veteran, but now that I'm on hardcore, I find myself running empty because of it's low clip capacity because it takes more slugs to kill enemies.
    The shotgun trick doesn't work as they're not quite as efficient as in ME1.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!


  9. #689
    Black Ninja! Tommy Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    25,851
    Blog Entries
    1
    Well that's just great. A loading glitch means I've pretty much lost all of today's work.
    Worst part is I'm now inclined to give college a miss tomorrow to catch up on what I've lost today -_-
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!


  10. #690
    Just got fired on Football Manager 14 so guess it's time to start Mass Effect again!

    Miranda, I'm coming baby!
    E-Fed Vet. From 2010 and counting.

    2X JBW World Champion
    1X EWNCW World Champion
    14X Chlamydia victim





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.