Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Vince McMahon running "Stand Up For WWE" into the ground

Is it just me or are you all tired of hearing about this "Stand Up For WWE" campaign. I mean if it were a little tidbit then it would be fine, but it's like its taken over everything including the talent and storylines. Now, I could understand the reasoning when Conneticut would not allow voters to wear WWE merchandise but that has been overturned. IMO I think the campaign should have subsided by now. What do you think?

Typical Vince bullshit of him playing the victim and acting like a goddamn child.

Stand Up? no thank you, i'll sit down.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

I hate listening to it but I still think what Conneticut did about the wearing of WWE merchandise was wrong
    Use what you have. Get what you want.

Oh yeah the whole deal was dumb to begin with. Vince has just taken it to even greater levels of stupidity

Moderator "The Trinity" Kashdinero's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's a conspiracy to get you to buy wwe merchandise! Lindas reaching her limit and needs more funds lol
    Ma$$Dinero... We're shootin' now, bruv!

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Kash; calling it 4 years before Robbie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Bodom is our John Cena.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dismal Jester View Post
    I hate you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    #KashBrokeMyBrain
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilsAdvocate View Post
    Nerds are awesome though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Are you going for some kind of sig quote world record?

#FreeBodom

Quote Originally Posted by Kashdinero View Post
    It's a conspiracy to get you to buy wwe merchandise! Lindas reaching her limit and needs more funds lol
    Exactly. Vince will jump at any chance there possibly is to help his wife, his business, and himself. By the way I would never vote for any of these people anyways since all they do is childishly insult each other an dig stuff up that really does not belong there. Like during the presidential election thingy they brought in Paris Hilton an some other girl I can not remember. They just want power an promise a ton of things we never see after they finally do get elected. I have learned my lesson a long time ago.

Why anyone would want to vote for Linda, I do not know. I've been watching some of her campaign material on youtube, she gives me the creeps. She reminds me of 'Hildog,' for some reason. Besides, a vote for Linda is a vote for PG TV forEVER!
    If I can be serious for a minute..

EWNCW - E Wrestling News Championship Wrestling

PG has nothing to do with it. A major factor for the change was because they wanted to reach out for more audiences, and with time also playing a role in it. Back in the 90s, 80s, and 70's we all had distinctive personalities, the movies had a different feel, our styles were different.. The music was good. Every just had really good imaginations. Now with the way the economy an people like those Women groups who bashed Linda about WWE's Eugene gimmick are changing everything for the worst. That gimmick was not to make fun of mentally impaired people. It was to prove to society that no-matter what your disadvantage in the world may be that anybody can achieve their dream. It sickens me by how mindless todays people are.

I agree with your point, but, in that case, wouldnt escaping the Pg market be a good thing? They couldnt be bashed for their gimmicks that way.

Besides, (I've made this point before on the site) WWE targetting kids is a bad investment. Of all the kids who enjoy WWE now, 99.99% of them will "get bored" of it by the time they are 16, 17, 18. By appealing to a more mature audience you are appealing to a fanbase which already exists, rather than trying to create a new one. I grew up during the Attitude era, pretty much, and I loved it to death. I actually felt kinda grown up, back then, watching wrestling

Theyre shooting themselves in the foot by appealing to people who will have forgotten about them in ten years anyway.
    If I can be serious for a minute..

EWNCW - E Wrestling News Championship Wrestling

Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilsAdvocate View Post
    Exactly. Vince will jump at any chance there possibly is to help his wife, his business, and himself. By the way I would never vote for any of these people anyways since all they do is childishly insult each other an dig stuff up that really does not belong there. Like during the presidential election thingy they brought in Paris Hilton an some other girl I can not remember. They just want power an promise a ton of things we never see after they finally do get elected. I have learned my lesson a long time ago.
    Funny how a good part of Lindas campaign has been about her saying she has no connections to WWE anymore.