Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Tag Team Uncertainty

So I know there have been rumblings about if there will be a MITB match, or some kind of match involving GM ownership for SD and Raw, or if the US or Diva or World Tag titles will be defended. While I think there will be some kind of match for ownership of Raw and SD, I firmly believe there will be some kind of match at WM for the tag titles. Here is why I say that. The titles and tag teams have been featured a little more lately. You have Swagger and Ziggler teaming again, the pairing of Kofi and R Truth, and of course the likes of Primo and Epico. I want to quickly look at the last ten years of Wrestlemania.

Wm 18
    Billy and Chuck vs APA vs Dudley Boyz vs The Hardy Boyz for WWF Tag titles.

Wm 19
    Worlds Greatest Tag Team vs Los Guerreros vs Chris Benoit and Rhyno for WWE Tag titles

WM 20
    RVD and Booker T vs Dudley Boyz vs La Resistance vs Garrison Cade and Mark Jindrak for World Tag Titles
    Tool Cool vs WGTT vs The Bashams vs APA for WWE Tag titles

Wm 21
    No Tag title match

Wm 22
    Big Show and Kane vs Carlito and Chris Masters for World Tag titles

Wm 23
    No Tag title match

Wm 24
    No Tag title match

Wm 25
    The Colons vs JoMo and The Miz To unify tag titles(Dark match)

Wm 26
    Big Show and Miz vs John Morrison and R Truth for Unified Tag Titles

Wm 27
    No Tag title match

So in the last 10 WMs, they have had 6 tag title matches at the event(7 if you include the dark match from WM 25), and of those 6, 4 have featured multiple tag teams. So...with that, I feel like there is a high chance of there being a tag match at WM. Maybe a triple like, or add a fourth team and make it a fatal fourway. What is everyone elses thoughts?

Blog Entries
    I would love for the tag titles to be defended on ppv at WM, but at this present moment in time, I can't see it happening.

I'd love to see a triple threat/fatal 4 way ladder match for the tag titles. That would make up for not having the MITB match if they don't have it.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Blog Entries
    A fatal four way would be great, if given a lot of time (at least 15 minutes). They do seem to be putting in more than usual effort into their tagteam division, so maybe they're trying to sell a tagteam match at Mania. I want good buildup though, not just the match being announced 2 or 3 weeks before Mania.

Blog Entries
    I would also love to have a tag title match, but with no storyline in place to pormote a decent feud or match, I can't see anything happening on the event. However I can see a multi team match as the dark match between the Usos and the Colons V.2

I can't see Swagger and Ziggler being involved with the match as they would more likely be in the GM match or the rumored MITB Match. Which is more credit to their ability and what they deserve.
    “Humans disgust me. Vile creatures."
    ― William Regal

I guarantee the tag titles will be at WM they would be mad not to have Rosa at WM!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabers View Post
    I guarantee the tag titles will be at WM they would be mad not to have Rosa at WM!!
    I like the way you think sir. My hope is that they dont have it as a dark match like the one year. I'd rather a battle royal be the dark match. I wouldn't mind seeing a triple threat tag team ladder match for the WWE tag titles. Because even if they didn't have MITB, they could at TLC. I don't remember who it was, but someone made an excellent point that the ladder match at TLC could be MITB

Blog Entries
    Just for the fact that Primo and Epico are the tag champs and Rosa is their manager the tag titles should be defended at Wrestle-Mania in Miami.... But it doubtful depending if Money In the Bank will be held, which is looking unlikely right now since they isn't promoting it....

But easy solution to that.... MITB- should include Carlito(who should return), Ted DiBease Jr, Hunico, Kane, Mason Ryan, Miz, Alex Riley, and Yoshi Tatsu....
    The Tag title match could be Epico and Primo defending aginist R Truth and Kofi.....
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bearkg88 View Post
    I like the way you think sir. My hope is that they dont have it as a dark match like the one year. I'd rather a battle royal be the dark match. I wouldn't mind seeing a triple threat tag team ladder match for the WWE tag titles. Because even if they didn't have MITB, they could at TLC. I don't remember who it was, but someone made an excellent point that the ladder match at TLC could be MITB
    They apparently moved the MITB PPV location, so I think the PPV is still on. So there's probably not gonna be a MITB match at Mania this year

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Brown One View Post
    They apparently moved the MITB PPV location, so I think the PPV is still on. So there's probably not gonna be a MITB match at Mania this year
    Bummer. I could have swore they dropped this ppv.

They seriously need to kick this Tag Team revival plan into over-drive. They're lazing off on it, because I read somewhere that Triple H was hellbent on getting the Tag Team division back in shape with the help of the Kings Of Wrestling. I think they wanted to sign other Tag Teams, but I guess that failed miserably.
    Hey.. I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know.

#TeamDevs