Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 39
  1. #11
    Is the Rock really all that great? Think about it... While he did give us some good matches, he was really over because of his promo work, something we've all been complaining about for a long time for WWE and TNA to do too much.

    The Rock got into the WWE thanks to his family legacy and because he worked hard got over when people were chanting "Die Rocky, Die!"

    The Miz was on "Real World" so he had people hate him for that alone, lost Tough Enough to Daniel Puder and was made into a horrible host for Diva Search so he also had that against him. But despite all that, he's gotten over as a heel and had a total US Reigns almost as long as Rock's total Intercontinental reigns. Heck, all Miz needs to do is hold the World/Heavyweight championship for 5 months and he would have been a better champion then the Rock (who's longest single reign was 4 months).

    Sure, the Rock became famous, but in terms to wrestling (I'm probably going to be alone in saying this) his accomplishments aren't that impressive. I could see the Miz challenging him.

  2. #12
    The Miz couldn't hold The Rock's jock strap, more or less go toe to toe with him in the ring!
    The IWC is to TNA what the Republicans are to Obama: No matter how much good they do...as soon as they're shown to be less than perfect, the other claims that they just can't get anything right.


  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassling_Fan View Post
    Is the Rock really all that great? Think about it... While he did give us some good matches, he was really over because of his promo work, something we've all been complaining about for a long time for WWE and TNA to do too much.

    The Rock got into the WWE thanks to his family legacy and because he worked hard got over when people were chanting "Die Rocky, Die!"

    The Miz was on "Real World" so he had people hate him for that alone, lost Tough Enough to Daniel Puder and was made into a horrible host for Diva Search so he also had that against him. But despite all that, he's gotten over as a heel and had a total US Reigns almost as long as Rock's total Intercontinental reigns. Heck, all Miz needs to do is hold the World/Heavyweight championship for 5 months and he would have been a better champion then the Rock (who's longest single reign was 4 months).

    Sure, the Rock became famous, but in terms to wrestling (I'm probably going to be alone in saying this) his accomplishments aren't that impressive. I could see the Miz challenging him.
    WHAT?! It's no way could you have been ACTUALLY WATCHING The Rock in his prime. You may have done your research but it's no way you could have watched The People's Champ in his prime and say he wasn't all that great!!!

    This new generation of wrestling fans make me sick!
    The IWC is to TNA what the Republicans are to Obama: No matter how much good they do...as soon as they're shown to be less than perfect, the other claims that they just can't get anything right.


  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Xpacfan View Post
    WHAT?! It's no way could you have been ACTUALLY WATCHING The Rock in his prime. You may have done your research but it's no way you could have watched The People's Champ in his prime and say he wasn't all that great!!!

    This new generation of wrestling fans make me sick!
    Guess what, been watching wrestling since the HOGAN Era, back in the 80s. What do you think you Attitude Fans were to us? Exactly the same thing as this current generation. At least we got to appreciate the golden age of wrestling while you guys settled for the few brief pieces of gold within the piles of crud that surrounded it. For every Rock, there were a Val Venis getting his Wee-Wee Chopped and May Young giving birth and Katie Vick. I bet you forget that he was called Rocky Maivia when all he had was blue tights who always smiled. He was being promoted too much just like Cena is. Thus the Rocky Sucks chants. After his heel turn with the Nation of Domination, he became the Rock we know today.

    I've watched Rock's entire WWE wrestling career from beginning to end. So I have more of a right to say what I said.

  5. #15
    Oh ok, then you must've been the one cheering for Hogan every time he told you to eat your vitamins, say your prayers, and to drink your milk! I was one of The Rock's biggest fan before he sold out (which is a completly different subject altogether), so I know all about his transformation!

    You're just talking about how The Rock was at the beginning of his WWF career but nothing about him his prime. You have no idea about what you are talking about if you're denying that he had a rare charismatic ability to not only entertain the fans but to become one of the greatest wrestlers ever. From his finisher to the way the guy delivers a punch or kick....that's just charisma that you can't teach! The WWF just gave him the means to bring it out! Now and days, the WWE holds its wrestlers back from being truly charismatic in their approach in entertaining the fans...at the rate things are going now, we'll never get another Rock in the WWE!

    "Im The Miz and I'm Awesome"....a guy who says that as a catch phrase has the potential to be a BETTER champion than The Rock?! Dude, gimme a break! You don't know what in the hell you're talking about.
    Last edited by Xpacfan; 10-28-2010 at 09:25 AM.
    The IWC is to TNA what the Republicans are to Obama: No matter how much good they do...as soon as they're shown to be less than perfect, the other claims that they just can't get anything right.


  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Xpacfan View Post
    You're just talking about how The Rock was at the beginning of his WWF career but nothing about him his prime. You have no idea about what you are talking about if you're denying that he had a rare charismatic ability to not only entertain the fans and to be one of the greatest wrestlers ever. From his finisher to the way the guy delivers a punch or kick....that's just charisma that you can't teach! The WWF just gave him the means to bring it out! Now and days, the WWE holds its wrestler back from being truly charismatic in their approach in entertaining the fans...at the rate things are going now, we'll never get another Rock in the WWE!
    I'm not denying his charismatic abiltiy. I'm just sick of people giving him praise over others who deserve it as much if not more. As for wrestling ability, it's the same as Cena's. Those punches look good but looking at them close you don't see the impact. He does a spinebuster, then the People's Elbow Routine, and at times follows up with the Rock Bottom. Does that sound like how Cena sets up people every match? The fact he's charismatic hid the fact you've seen one Rock Match you've seen them all. No one gives credit for Cena's other moves but continue to say he only has four or five moes. Even Wikipedia lists the same ammount of moves between Cena and the Rock. Infact, I believe it lists Cena as having more.

  7. #17
    Listen, the Miz is awesome...but on a serious note, i believe him when he says that is his dream match...the miz grew up watch the Attitude era of WWF/WWE. Who didn't want to either be the Rock or beat the Rock at that time...as for Cena, he justs wants to wrestle the Rock for the company's sake. I'm not saying that the Miz wouldn't do that, but you gotta admit that him wanting to wrestle the Rock is believable. As for all of you that wanna compare the Miz to the Rock...I'll chime in on this too. Catchy name, check. Cool finishing move, check. Good mic skills, check. Has the ability to make the crowd hate him yet will "sing along" with him (AWESOMEEEEEEE), check. Wearing gear and clothes change for immature to classy, check. Work his butt off and used every opportunity to showcase his skills, check. Remember, it's called World Wrestling "Entertainment" for a reason. If you don't think that the Miz is entertaining you are fooling yourself. Plus, I like to think that it's cool to see someone that could had been any one of us succeed the way he has...

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassling_Fan View Post
    I'm not denying his charismatic abiltiy. I'm just sick of people giving him praise over others who deserve it as much if not more. As for wrestling ability, it's the same as Cena's. Those punches look good but looking at them close you don't see the impact. He does a spinebuster, then the People's Elbow Routine, and at times follows up with the Rock Bottom. Does that sound like how Cena sets up people every match? The fact he's charismatic hid the fact you've seen one Rock Match you've seen them all. No one gives credit for Cena's other moves but continue to say he only has four or five moes. Even Wikipedia lists the same ammount of moves between Cena and the Rock. Infact, I believe it lists Cena as having more.
    AND THE MIZ DESERVES IT AS MUCH IF NOT MORE?! You have got to be kidding me! The Rock had WAY more in ring ability than John Cena...you know why they're even compariable. It's because Cena tries to be a PG version of him but can't pull it off because he's too corny. Look at the "Attitude Adjustment" and the "Five Knuckle Shuffle"...the same as the damn Rock Bottom and The People's Elbow. Be honest...you know that Five Knuckle Shuffle isn't anything more that a fake ass People's Elbow (just as the Book End was a cheap knock off of the Rock Bottom). The People's Elbow was 10 times more entertaining to watch than that whack ass Five Knuckle Shuffle. At least The Rock could stay true to his gimmick...Cena long dropped the rap gimmick in exchange for the modern day Hogan one!

    Looking at any wrestler's punches close will show that there isn't much impact because NONE OF THEM ARE REAL!!! As far as the Spinebuster and People's Elbow, you're only talking about how he finished his matches which even after doing those moves, he would lose! When Cena does his routine...YOU KNOW he's about to win. Besides, almost every main event wrestler has an ending rountine...so it's not even a fair arguement to make against The Rock! All The Rock's matches did not play out the same because 1. The WWF gave him the freedom to put other guys he wrestled over and 2. He ACTUALLY LOST SOME OF HIS MATCHES!!!

    Wikipedia?! Of course John Cena's list is going to be longer because it exists at the same time as his career. There was no Wikipedia to track and record all of the moves The Rock currently executed in his career back then...do you know how much archieve footage one would have to watch to make a fair comparison?!

    Like I said, you don't know what in the hell you're talking about.
    Last edited by Xpacfan; 10-28-2010 at 09:56 AM.
    The IWC is to TNA what the Republicans are to Obama: No matter how much good they do...as soon as they're shown to be less than perfect, the other claims that they just can't get anything right.


  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Xpacfan View Post
    Look at the "Attitude Adjustment" and the "Five Knuckle Shuffle"...the same as the damn Rock Bottom and The People's Elbow. Be honest...you know that Five Knuckle Shuffle isn't anything more that a fake ass People's Elbow (just as the Book End was a cheap knock off of the Rock Bottom).
    My bad, wasn't Booker T doing the Book End long before the Rock was doing the Rock Bottom...that's like say Eddie Guerrero copied Chavo's frog splash.

  10. #20
    No actually he wasn't
    The IWC is to TNA what the Republicans are to Obama: No matter how much good they do...as soon as they're shown to be less than perfect, the other claims that they just can't get anything right.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.