Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yeah the constant advertisements every few minutes are so annoying! this applies to every broadcast of Raw. Although it's 2am here in the UK for us, i usually do tend to watch the whole show nonetheless, except the odd few occasions.

I noticed that they were showing a lot of commercials as well. Immediately I came to the conclusion that they were trying to get there commercial obligations out of the way so that whenever the rock came out he wouldn't get interrupted, this became even more apparent once I saw that he was on the air for like 20 mins or so. There is no way they wanted to have to cut to commercial so they just got them out the way early. that my opinion

Welcome to my new Two Paragraphs for the Price of One sale.

American ad breaks are well known to be excessive. The best example of this was when they released Season 1 of 24 on DVD and everybody realised that they were only getting about 18 hours worth of show, not 24. Yes we'd all like all our shows ad free all the time, but this isn't reality is it. It's called commercial TV for a reason. Now I spent most of my years on Earth in the UK. On free to air terrestrial TV (non-BBC channels) they are pretty good with ad breaks. A 30 show has an ad break before it, one in the middle and one after it. So you show only gets disturbed once. An hour show generally has two breaks during it.

As for the timing of them. Well you can blame the fact it scripted for the 'during the match' break. This wouldn't happen in a live sport. Imagine the outcry if the ad break covered a goal/touchdown/home run/basket etc.. But because it's scripted they know when they can take a break. You note that very little of importance happens during the breaks normally. The ref probably whispers "ad break' to the performers. I get around all this ad break annoyance though. I have the shows set up on my Foxtel IQ system (Aussie satellite TV with a built in PVR). Then I just start the show about half an hour later and can then fast forward through the ad breaks.

every show has 4 to 5 commercials in a hour.

Quote Originally Posted by thedag View Post
    every show has 4 to 5 commercials in a hour.
    Every American show may well do.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    Every American show may well do.
    Exactly....

Fresh Member
    knock Knock Joke

Knock Knock

who is there

commercial

commercial who?

commercial Advert

Bye Mr Advert(door slammed)

Looks like no selling for me today

Blog Entries
    Ya I noticed that too. Kind of seemed funky to me during the first half hr to 45 minutes with the Punk/Jericho/Bryan segments. What can you do though.