Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Normal Member

Raw Live Commercials

Hi, im here in the UK and we get Raw live same as the rest of the world but we get it at 2am.

Was i the only one last night getting sick of all the commercials every few minutes? Twice during the opening match.

I eventually had to turn off the show about a hour in due to the constant interruptions.. i downloaded it this morning and i can see why they had so many commercials because the rocks promo went over 20 mins commercial free..

With all these commercials its understandable to why people would choose not to watch raw.. its hardly enjoyable being interrupted every two minutes for 3 minutes of adverts.

what are your thoughts? please enlighten me with your oh so valid opinions. Intelligent wrestling fans only!
    'When I die it will be in this ring, or on top of a wild woman, i'll go either way'

Normal Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfunk View Post
    Hi, im here in the UK and we get Raw live same as the rest of the world but we get it at 2am.

Was i the only one last night getting sick of all the commercials every few minutes? Twice during the opening match.

I eventually had to turn off the show about a hour in due to the constant interruptions.. i downloaded it this morning and i can see why they had so many commercials because the rocks promo went over 20 mins commercial free..

With all these commercials its understandable to why people would choose not to watch raw.. its hardly enjoyable being interrupted every two minutes for 3 minutes of adverts.

what are your thoughts? please enlighten me with your oh so valid opinions. Intelligent wrestling fans only!
    I completely agree with you, i tried watching raw early AM aswel but i always end up giving up. It is fucking annoying how the american commercials work lol.

I agree the commercials are really annoying! I hate that they happen during matches also.. But in all honesty I never switch over or turn off because of them.. It's something i normally judge and the end and think A( i just sat through all those adverts to watch that! or B( Those adverts are so annoying but at least the show was good! Either way i watch it every week and nothing changes Haha!

IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year - Ramon/Infection.

HWA:
    1x & last Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

General:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.

Is that not just how the Americans have their TV show to advertisement ratio set up?

It's really odd to us, but I know other shows like colbert or daily show seem to have 2/3 breaks in them and they are only half hour shows.

Well it depends. Some shows will have limited commercials; usually a 30 min show will have about 2 commercial breaks lasting a total of around 7-10 minutes. Live events like Basketball, or American football have a lot of breaks, but they are short breaks (30 seconds) between timeouts and standard timed breaks during the end of a quarter.

As far as the WWE is concerned, I don't know why they cut into the match, could be a ploy to get you to see a live event, or they just want more money, or a lot of companies want to run ads during Raw. Whatever the reason, it can be bothersome, but I've gotten use to it, plus I usually record it or catch it online since I'm not always home to catch it live.

Same boat as you fella i got rid of Sky Sports and all i found a website to watch them online with no interruptions and thought to fuck with watching it on telly much easier and cheaper.

Commericals are placed during the matches because it makes people stay there until Raw comes back on so you don't miss the match. And the two commercials in the first match was because the first match isn't usually that long. We usually get a 15min segment followed by a commercial and then short match and another commercial. This time the match happened to start right after the segment so we had two commercials in it. The first match wasn't over until after the 30 min mark so two commercials in that period is just normal.

Black Ninja!
    Hate to get too technical here but I think the Punk-Jericho promo went over it's alloted time.

The first commercial breakon RAW is usually 15 minutes in; last night it was around 9:25 when they ct away. That threw everything off.

Quote Originally Posted by BennyTheBall View Post
    Your anus, K2. Ring is a euphemism for anus.

This is a LIVE American broadcast. The capitalist capital of the world. Of course they going to try and sell you things!! Stick to streaming the PPVs and downloading the episodes. Jobs a good un!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomsta666 View Post
    This is a LIVE American broadcast. The capitalist capital of the world. Of course they going to try and sell you things!! Stick to streaming the PPVs and downloading the episodes. Jobs a good un!
    Aye. I tend to not watch Raw (Or Smackdown when live) now until a day or 2 later. The adverts are just too much for me these days.