Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly-Pablo View Post
    No, I definitely meant I could care less.

I know where you are going with that - the original phrase is 'could care less' - it was only when people began to get pedantic about the ways it can be miscontrued that it morphed into 'couldn't care less'.

If I couldn't care less - I wouldn't have posted on the subject, because I have NO care for it, so no motivation to care either way.

I obviously can care less - hence why I posted. However, the saying means - I'm going to mention it but it's not a major concern....

One thing Polly doesn't get wrong is lexicon. Cheers all the same though.
    Ohh I love that game! I always play it at Christmas with my Dad and Gran lol!
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Ohh I love that game! I always play it at Christmas with my Dad and Gran lol!
    This is COMPLETLEY off topic but Tommy, how/why is your sig so big!?

[thinks about midcard]

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SkilletBoi View Post
    This is COMPLETLEY off topic but Tommy, how/why is your sig so big!?
    It is, I apologize, but it just brought back some memories, so I had to share. I will share some topic related post here when I form an opinion.

And you'll have to ask Krysys, he made that. It's good advertising don't you think?!
    220px-Jerichomeetngreet.jpg220px-Jerichomeetngreet.jpg
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Black Ninja!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    It is, I apologize, but it just brought back some memories, so I had to share. I will share some topic related post here when I form an opinion.

And you'll have to ask Krysys, he made that. It's good advertising don't you think?!
    220px-Jerichomeetngreet.jpg220px-Jerichomeetngreet.jpg
    It's great, except for the word presents.

To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!

I know where you are going with that - the original phrase is 'could care less' - it was only when people began to get pedantic about the ways it can be miscontrued that it morphed into 'couldn't care less'.

If I couldn't care less - I wouldn't have posted on the subject, because I have NO care for it, so no motivation to care either way.

I obviously can care less - hence why I posted. However, the saying means - I'm going to mention it but it's not a major concern....

I wouldn't wade in on this if it wasn't a major peev. The original phrase of "I couldn't care less" and be traced back further than "I could care less". In fact it appears the "could" variation is an Americanism only coined after the fashion for using the phrase reached the US some time after it's first common use in the UK.
    Polly, I'm sorry because I now you're usually queen of grammar and such, but the use of "I could care less", as you defined it, where you used it makes no sense at all. I could care less that there's rugby on now. It makes the entire point superfluous.

Anyways, On topic:
    If The Rock came out to admit he was wrong it would be a major swerve for WWE leading to Super Cena getting the win and a whole generation of fans feeling seriously cheated. If it happens you can expect Vince Russo to come out shortly afterwards and cut a "I'm back!" promo.

Divas to believe in.

So you do care, even if it is just a little, since if you didnt care at all it would be impossible to care less, but you stated you could care less meaning you do care.

Quote Originally Posted by MachoManFan View Post
    I wouldn't wade in on this if it wasn't a major peev. The original phrase of "I couldn't care less" and be traced back further than "I could care less". In fact it appears the "could" variation is an Americanism only coined after the fashion for using the phrase reached the US some time after it's first common use in the UK.
    Polly, I'm sorry because I now you're usually queen of grammar and such, but the use of "I could care less", as you defined it, where you used it makes no sense at all. I could care less that there's rugby on now. It makes the entire point superfluous.

Anyways, On topic:
    If The Rock came out to admit he was wrong it would be a major swerve for WWE leading to Super Cena getting the win and a whole generation of fans feeling seriously cheated. If it happens you can expect Vince Russo to come out shortly afterwards and cut a "I'm back!" promo.
    Apologies, you are quite correct - I have written this the wrong way round entirely. So - to elaborate, Polly should have said I know where you are going with that - the original phrase is 'couldn't care less' - it was only when people began to get pedantic about the ways it can be miscontrued that it morphed into 'could care less'.

The original phrase was 'supposedly' coined in 1946 by a certain Anthony Phelps, if rumours are to be believed. It was then adopted by the Americans in the 1950's and used in literature aroud 1966/67...again, if this in fact correct, it is only speculation.

My point being, I could care less about The Rock.

I used the American 'slang' version of this rather than the original British version, as I felt it lent more to the sarcasm I was trying to portray in relation to my feelings on the Rock.

It can be used in many forms and sentence structure, it's meaning is dependant on the writer. It is, however, a bone of contention with a lot of people so I see why you think it was misplaced somewhat.

Apologies, you are quite correct - I have written this the wrong way round entirely. So - to elaborate, Polly should have said I know where you are going with that - the original phrase is 'couldn't care less' - it was only when people began to get pedantic about the ways it can be miscontrued that it morphed into 'could care less'.

The original phrase was 'supposedly' coined in 1946 by a certain Anthony Phelps, if rumours are to be believed. It was then adopted by the Americans in the 1950's and used in literature aroud 1966/67...again, if this in fact correct, it is only speculation.

My point being, I could care less about The Rock.

I used the American 'slang' version of this rather than the original British version, as I felt it lent more to the sarcasm I was trying to portray in relation to my feelings on the Rock.

It can be used in many forms and sentence structure, it's meaning is dependant on the writer. It is, however, a bone of contention with a lot of people so I see why you think it was misplaced somewhat.
    Now that does make sense! Yay! No-one really cares about The Rock and Polly is still smart with words. The world is back to normal!

Divas to believe in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ziggles View Post
    So you do care, even if it is just a little, since if you didnt care at all it would be impossible to care less, but you stated you could care less meaning you do care.
    *sigh* I've explained this twice now....I shan't do it again, sorry *I do know that shan't is not an actual word - it's a slang term for us lazy Brits*

Quote Originally Posted by MachoManFan View Post
    Now that does make sense! Yay! No-one really cares about The Rock and Polly is still smart with words. The world is back to normal!
    LMAO - That's as far as I needed to read to know that we're on the same wavelength!

I hope to hear a good promo from The Rock on Raw. That promo should consist of realism and not the same spat's about Cena having a Mangina etc..

As for what you said, in the famous word's of Vinnie mac - There aint no chance in hell! lol