Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Derrick Bateman

Blog Entries
    Giddy, you posting up pics and videos of him isn't going to make him better. Hes boring, and one of the big reasons I stopped watching NXT. I tune in once in a while to see how the shows doing, and Bateman is still the same - decent in the ring, and boring to listen to. I couldn't careless if he got released.

Quote Originally Posted by The Brown One View Post
    Giddy, you posting up pics and videos of him isn't going to make him better. Hes boring, and one of the big reasons I stopped watching NXT. I tune in once in a while to see how the shows doing, and Bateman is still the same - decent in the ring, and boring to listen to. I couldn't careless if he got released.
    I have to disagree with you. I think he's very charismatic. He's entertaining, naturally funny, and him and D-Bryan actually got he normally-dead NXT crowd cheering. He's lacking in the ring skill part of things, but is steadily improving, and I think he'd make a great US or IC champ one day.
    IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII AM THE APW INTERNATIONAL CHAMPION!!! (#HotBods #BodomIsMyBestie)

Former HWA Writer

Johnny Hot:
    HWA Supremacy World Champion (x1)
    APW World Champion (x1)
    (2x) APW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS (w/ Bodom)
    APW International Champion
    Award for Feud of the Year (2012)
    Award for Shocker of the Year (2012)

Sweet Jones:
    Former Inferno Ignition Champion

Cody McDerrell:
    HWA's Resident Redneck

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by giddy22897 View Post
    I have to disagree with you. I think he's very charismatic. He's entertaining, naturally funny, and him and D-Bryan actually got he normally-dead NXT crowd cheering. He's lacking in the ring skill part of things, but is steadily improving, and I think he'd make a great US or IC champ one day.
    If hes a future IC/US champ, God help us. I want talent that can actually wrestle, and be serious. Bateman just comes off as a joke to me (don't care if hes charismatic. Santino is charismatic, but I still see him as a comedy guy). Same goes for Curtis, and Titus.

oh noes this is now giddy´s hangout

Blog Entries
    I also disagree. Bateman is one of the better talents to come from FCW. He's good in the ring and he's got personality. I'm yet to be convinced that he can get to the top of WWE, but I wouldn't mind seeing him on the main roster in a tag team or feuding for a mid-card title in a year or so.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

on topic
    i agree with giddy for once

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    I also disagree. Bateman is one of the better talents to come from FCW. He's good in the ring and he's got personality. I'm yet to be convinced that he can get to the top of WWE, but I wouldn't mind seeing him on the main roster in a tag team or feuding for a mid-card title in a year or so.
    1,000% agree with Tommy. I'm also a big fan of Bateman.

From the few episodes I have seen for FCW he has been 1 of the best and he and Curtis made NXT season 4 a lot more entertaining. Wasn't the best heel I've seen but face Bateman should be given a proper chance. I'm like Tommy though, not convinced he is main event standard but he deserves a mid-card level push to see how he does.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Of course he can become a midcarder for the WWE. But I just don't see anything great in him. That's all I'm saying. To be honest, they should be bringing up other FCW talents besides Bateman and Curtis. But if they don't have good storylines for them, it's a no go.

They could give him a chance on SD to see if his gimmick/character or whatsoever is going to work

Blog Entries
    Of course he can become a midcarder for the WWE. But I just don't see anything great in him. That's all I'm saying. To be honest, they should be bringing up other FCW talents besides Bateman and Curtis. But if they don't have good storylines for them, it's a no go.
    Exactly. Curtis and Bateman were brought up before HHH put this in effect. And this is exactly why we're still waiting to see Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins and the like on the main roster.

Truth is, Curtis and Bateman are both good in the ring. Curtis lacks some personality for me, but Bateman oozes charisma. That's where he's better. But IMO, both guys are for keeps, as they're still young and still developing.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!