Did Vince McMahon call Brodus Clay's momma to come pick him up and take him home?

I loved the Brodus Clay character! But he was barely on TV for 1 month and then disappeared! I read Vince was not happy with his performance, but when he is booked in matches to only last 35 seconds, what is expected? The character was really over IMO.

HHH idea to only bring in development talent if they have a long-term storyline for them has already failed
    ​

Blog Entries
    The problem, to my mind, is trying to fit in too many things before Wrestlemania. They should have kept him off TV until then or let him win a battle royal at WM, possibly a dark match but still. They think there's too much for wrestling fans to digest and they're right - if you judge it strictly by the ratings. Things were so much better when WWE did't have such ready access and breakdown of ratings and write according to the ratings. Back in the - oh god, I don't even want to mention it - attitude era, lower and middle card matches weren't subject to such heavily studied ratings. Guys had the time to get over. Or not, as the case may be.

Honestly I was not a fan of the gimmick and think that they should make Clay a monster for hire. Like have guys like Tyson Kidd and other smaller guys hire Clay for protection or to take out people they don't like.

Blog Entries
    They're keeping him off tv to get better wrestling experience.

When I read "Did Vince McMahon call Brodus Clay's momma to come pick him up and take him home?" I just ROTFL

I get that Big E Langston dropped the NXT CHAMPIONSHIP
    but....to Bo Dallas out of all people? WTF!

If I ever meet Clay. I don't mind teaching him to be cool like me