Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by masakaritko View Post
    Here's the thing people don't understand about Cena. He would have never become a professional wrestler if he would have succeeded at bodybuilding. Wrestling wasn't his first choice. If his so called movie career would have gone better, i have a feeling that he would have made the same move the Rock did, or would have eventually. If his album would have sold better, and he would have made more money off of it than what he makes in his wwe contract, then he would have become a full time rapper. mark my words
    Just because he didn't start out as a wrestler doesn't mean that wrestling isn't his passion. Everyone has to start somewhere and for Cena, bodybuilding was probably it for him.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendaryIcon View Post
    Both men love the company. The Rock made a successful go of a movie career and I commend him on that. I commend him on getting out before being seriously injured or broken to the point of some former talent. I commend him on continually giving back to the company that made him rather than hitting the gas and never looking back.I have absolutely no doubt that if Cena had gotten a real break into Hollywood, he would be doing the same thing Rockie did and is doing right now. But despite trying and being pushed for such a break, he isn't getting it for one reason or another. So he's here and continues to do for the business what he can from the inside and his legacy will be something like that of today's Undertaker 10 years down the road.They both love the company and the business and would be nobodies without it... They both give back what they can and that's awesome.
    Glad someone can call it right down the middle, but couldn't you wait a bit before sounding so damn reasonable? I was hoping to rustle a few more Cena mark's feathers before someone chimed in making sense.

Quote Originally Posted by DUBS View Post
    Agreed.

Just because Cena has done some movies on the side does not mean he sees acting as his passion. The Rock saw his next career as being an actor. Doesn't mean Cena would follow suit. Not everyone has the same career interests.
    If John Cena had the mega hype surrounding his movie career, and had an actual shot at big budget hollywood movies, he would stay a wwe superstar? To get boo'ed and cussed at by 1/2 the people he's supposed to entertain? To risk bodily injury performing(limited) wrestling moves? Really? Cena's never been a great wrestler,he's had some horrible matches in his career and he's been carried in most if not all his good ones,if he was a big movie star,he'd be entertaining a hell of a lot more people than he has as a wrestler. And I hope no one starts the "he couldn't do his charity work" bs, he'd have alot more freetime to do alot more of anything he wanted, so a cutback in his Make-a-wishes shouldn't be an issue.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CrowOfMurders View Post
    If John Cena had the mega hype surrounding his movie career, and had an actual shot at big budget hollywood movies, he would stay a wwe superstar? To get boo'ed and cussed at by 1/2 the people he's supposed to entertain? To risk bodily injury performing(limited) wrestling moves? Really? Cena's never been a great wrestler,he's had some horrible matches in his career and he's been carried in most if not all his good ones,if he was a big movie star,he'd be entertaining a hell of a lot more people than he has as a wrestler. And I hope no one starts the "he couldn't do his charity work" bs, he'd have alot more freetime to do alot more of anything he wanted, so a cutback in his Make-a-wishes shouldn't be an issue.
    Maybe a full-time acting career isn't Cena's cup of tea. Not everybody wants to life the Hollywood life like The Rock. Cena stated numerous times that wrestling is his passion and he doesn't see him doing anything else than what hes currently doing. Again, just because The Rock has mega hype surrounding his movie career and all that jazz, doesn't mean Cena will jump to Hollywood to pursue an acting career as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Cena rapping on Paul Heyman
    You see I don't need your approval Paul. I'm gonna take my respect. I'll bounce you quicker than an ECW check.

Maybe a full-time acting career isn't Cena's cup of tea. Not everybody wants to life the Hollywood life like The Rock. Cena stated numerous times that wrestling is his passion and he doesn't see him doing anything else than what hes currently doing. Again, just because The Rock has mega hype surrounding his movie career and all that jazz, doesn't mean Cena will jump to Hollywood to pursue an acting career as well.
    That's how u feel. Fair enough, we can agree to disagree. However, I think everyone is just looking at it in terms of who/what John Cena is now. My point is,when Cena made his first movie,if he had the same opportunity as the Rock did,if he had the same credibility and backing, I think he would've jumped at it and done the same things the Rock has done, it would've been necessary if he was to have any chance at actually succeeding. Will he do it now? Doubtful, and he hasn't been a box-office draw,AT ALL. But at the height of his popularity,if all the stars lined up,he would have done the same. It's bullshit to assume a guy would make TWO movies if he never wanted to be a movie star,even if Vince was backing him to do it. Also,let's not forget the numerous tv appearances(shows like Psych etc.) as well as the fact that Cena is doing Marine3. Doesn't sound like someone who has NO interest in being a movie star, and therefore,seems a bit hypocritical. Just because he might not leave NOW,if he was in the Rock's shoes, the story would be completely different.

A big difference also would be the money they are on, I am sure Cena's current wage check dwharfs The rocks wwe paycheck in 2005, although Cena loves the wrestling business i am sure he would love 20 million euro per movie even more

Here's the thing people don't understand about Cena. He would have never become a professional wrestler if he would have succeeded at bodybuilding. Wrestling wasn't his first choice. If his so called movie career would have gone better, i have a feeling that he would have made the same move the Rock did, or would have eventually. If his album would have sold better, and he would have made more money off of it than what he makes in his wwe contract, then he would have become a full time rapper. mark my words
    I totally agree. The Rock may come back this Monday and basically say what you just said. Also what he may say is if it wasnt rocky retiring from Wrestling temporarily John Cena WOULD NOT be a poster boy right now and wouldn't be where he is today.

If Rock was still in WWE full time Cena would not be even close to The Rock in terms of popularity with fan base.

Any Thoughts?

Blog Entries
    Agreed.

Just because Cena has done some movies on the side does not mean he sees acting as his passion. The Rock saw his next career as being an actor. Doesn't mean Cena would follow suit. Not everyone has the same career interests.
    Well said. You can't really jump to conclusions that Cena would have sold out and become a movie star if given the opportunity, because you're not Cena lol.

Wrestling may not have been his first choice as a full time career, but he was a fan from the very beginning. You should know that. They bring up how he loved wrestling from his home movies - how he made a belt out of things he found around the house. While he still has other interests, like bodybuilding and rapping, I can see that it was his dream to become a WWE wrestler. Bodybuilding wasn't. It was just something that he thought he could do, same with movies. Wrestling was his dream, and hes living it right now.

Normal Member
    Blog Entries
    I think most of you are looking too much into this. I'll bet money that their either mates or have a good mutual respect for each other. The amazing promo that Cena cut was to get people talking and waiting for Wrestlemania. I bet that Rock respects Cena for what he does each week and Cena respects Rocky for doing something he loves to do. Point is its kayfabe and John Cena's promo did exactly what it was meant to do. This is going to be a good WRESTLING match from BOTH men.