Blog Entries

Connecticut Censors WWE?

As reported by this website earlier, Vince McMahon is filing suite against Connecticut's Secretary of State for ruling "that any Connecticut voters who showed up to vote for Linda McMahon's Senate campaign wearing WWE merchandise would be turned away."

First of all, I'd like to say, that I do not live in Connecticut, know enough about Linda McMahon's political views to have a legitimate opinion on her candidacy, or have any WWE Merchandise.

What I really want to say, is that I think it's pretty ridiculous and I'm wondering if it's actually legal to turn away voters due to their clothing. Obviously, certain restrictions would apply to the clothing you could wear out in public, but somehow I don't think that WWE merchandise falls into that category.

I suppose the basis for this is probably something about how wearing WWE merchandise is too suggestive to other voters on who to vote for, which is crap. Now, I'm not saying that it's right for people to blindly vote for McMahon purely because they like the WWE, but it is none of the government's business why we vote for the people we do. After all, I'm sure all of us feel the other 50% of the population voted for stupid reasons. Also, although there is definitely a link in between WWE and McMahon's campaign, unless you can legally prove it, I don't think you can legally do anything about it.

Thoughts?

*Edit - Also, I'm pretty sure this is just a wording error on the part of the reporter, as the way it is worded is suggesting that pollers will be viewing every voter wearing WWE merchandise's vote to see if it is eligible, as the dual criteria is both wearing WWE merchandise and voting for McMahon. This is pretty discriminatory against people who happen to be fans of the WWE and are planning on voting for McMahon's opposition. Is it really so hard to believe that there exists Democratic fans of the WWE in a blue state?
    Last edited by Verdammung; 10-26-2010 at 06:27 PM.

Blog Entries
    I don't think what someone wears should entice anyone with a sound mind who to vote for.

I live in CT. About 40 minutes away from WWE Headquarters actually. This has become a HUGE deal. At least where I live. Every news station is covering it. And it is an extremely close race that will supposedly have a lot to do with the power in Senate for a long time as we are very quickly becoming more of a red state than people think. I personally will be wearing some form of WWE "paraphanelia" for the elections and being an 8 year veteran of the United States Army, I will also be wearing my dog tags and possibly my medals that I have earned with my own blood, sweat and tears. Not to say that i am a wrestling fan (which it should be noted that I most definitely am) but as my own way of saying that I fought and sacrificed for the very Rights which they are trying to take from me. Freedom of speech is something that is very true to my heart as it is the only real freedom I had while serving (to an extent). I promise you that if they try to throw me out that I will be in the papers. i may even link the pics for everyone to see. Have a nice day.
    Last edited by NWOMyGawd; 10-26-2010 at 07:31 PM. Reason: spelling

Banned
    In an old van with no windows, passing out free candy.
    Please allow me to give my infinite wisdom on this matter. Vince sued and guess what HE WON. I bet someone is MAD.....

infinite wisdom
    DON'T F WITH VINCE or OUR RIGHTS

Why would they give Vince, possibly one of the ultimate showmen, the publicity??? I can imagine him turning up to vote wearing a championship belt and every item of WWE clothing he can get into.

I don't like the man or his company, but at times like this I feel he is to be applauded. They've tried to smear Linda, and are now coming up with stupid things like this to keep her out, somebody must be reallty scared!!

Philip

Whatever Vince is wearing you can bet he just got a few more inches in his pants.

Somehow I see him getting that everytime he flashes his POWER and wins.
    Always blame the fat guy.