Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    While this is true, I think this is a good feature. And Tommy, didn't you say yourself just yesterday that you liked the feature? I'll just say this..... List doesn't make postwhores, postwhores make postwhores.....

yes that makes no sense, but still, it's EWN, we all do this anyway. We did it way before this posters list, and we'll continue doing it without it. It's just the way EWN works.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Broc View Post
    While this is true, I think this is a good feature. And Tommy, didn't you say yourself just yesterday that you liked the feature? I'll just say this..... List doesn't make postwhores, postwhores make postwhores.....

yes that makes no sense, but still, it's EWN, we all do this anyway. We did it way before this posters list, and we'll continue doing it without it. It's just the way EWN works.
    I don't think I said I liked it. If I did, well call me a hypocrite, I was wrong.

And while postwhores do indeed make postwhores, this feature is encouraging those people to postwhore even harder because of their need to postwhore.
    Look, even another postwhoring thread has been created
    http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/commun...14393-Anything!
    We already had the CBOT thread for that purpose, why the need for another?

EWN has a good rep, this excess postwhoring isn't going to enhance that rep, it'll take away from it.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Blog Entries

It does make sense and I agree with you.

I think Tommy is right when he says it promotes it, cause it does for some people...Which is very sad considering it's just a pointless number!

As long as the hardcore postwhores (Although i'm guilty of postwhoring, I just talk and reply to people. I don't post to boost my pointless number for the lulz. I'm mainly a Sports discussing member anyway and I stay in that sub-forum for that ) just post in the #Megathread and CBOT thread I think we're good.

Besides, doesn't postwhoring just mean Frank gets more money off the adverts? lol

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    I don't think I said I liked it. If I did, well call me a hypocrite, I was wrong.

And while postwhores do indeed make postwhores, this feature is encouraging those people to postwhore even harder because of their need to postwhore.
    Look, even another postwhoring thread has been created
    http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/commun...14393-Anything!
    We already had the CBOT thread for that purpose, why the need for another?

EWN has a good rep, this excess postwhoring isn't going to enhance that rep, it'll take away from it.
    Well that's simple, the thread is pointless, you close it.... not that hard.

But the thing is, getting rid of this feature isn't going to stop anyone from postwhoring, because regardless, you'll have guys like B-Mac who have 100 posts per day, and guys like giddy who have 40+ posts per day, or someone like me who gets 30 per day (even though I've barely had any the past few weeks)

So, we can get rid of the feature, but in the long run, I don't think it will change the way posters post.

The prevailing mentality around here these days seems to be quantity over quality, and that really sucks.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries

But the thing is, getting rid of this feature isn't going to stop anyone from postwhoring, because regardless, you'll have guys like B-Mac who have 100 posts per day, and guys like giddy who have 40+ posts per day, or someone like me who gets 30 per day (even though I've barely had any the past few weeks)

So, we can get rid of the feature, but in the long run, I don't think it will change the way posters post.
    Nobody said anything about stopping postwhoring. That's impossible. The only realistic way to do that is to ban people if they post more than X amount of posts per day, and that is ridiculous since we'd be banning 10's of people every day at that rate!

I'm on about minimizing postwhoring, and a feature like this top 10 of the day thing insights competition amongst the postwhorers and encourages them to post more and more so that they are on top.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

I think it will only show how much people consider this place to be their only form of acquiring social skills, entertainment or any other thing they can think but I mean come on there's school, going out to the movies, work, facebook, etc.

For pete's sake its just a number, I used to be one of 'em but now these new guys put most of us to shame on how much they care about postwhoring in very short of time rather than enjoy the forum for what it is.

Lets see if this new feature will be a blessing but it most likely be a curse.
    S.E. Zero is now Luizero. Look him up

The thing is I don't post for a high post count. I come on here when I'm bored, and I'm bored a lot so I spend a lot of time on here. I like the guys on here, and I enjoy chatting with them, and that accumulates a lot of posts.
    IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII AM THE APW INTERNATIONAL CHAMPION!!! (#HotBods #BodomIsMyBestie)

Former HWA Writer

Johnny Hot:
    HWA Supremacy World Champion (x1)
    APW World Champion (x1)
    (2x) APW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS (w/ Bodom)
    APW International Champion
    Award for Feud of the Year (2012)
    Award for Shocker of the Year (2012)

Sweet Jones:
    Former Inferno Ignition Champion

Cody McDerrell:
    HWA's Resident Redneck

Blog Entries
    Despite being a member of "The Kliq", I don't even postwhore. I only really use the "#MegaThread" to hang out with my friends on here. Other than that, I try to have discussions about wrestling, sports, etc. like everybody else.

Black Ninja!
    Quote Originally Posted by giddy22897 View Post
    The thing is I don't post for a high post count. I come on here when I'm bored, and I'm bored a lot so I spend a lot of time on here. I like the guys on here, and I enjoy chatting with them, and that accumulates a lot of posts.
    I have to agree with Giddy.

To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!