Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Now residing in an undisclosed location in Canada
    Blog Entries

So the tables have turned on Del Rio

Lords of Pain.net

The Wrestling Observer reports that Alberto Del Rio is disliked by some of his WWE colleagues due to how he carries himself and the belief that his position in the company is unwarranted.

The two-time WWE Champion is seen as off-putting behind the scenes as he portrays himself as a master backstage politician and struts around as a superstar. There is also a perception that he is not over to the level of his sizable push as his matches and promos garner tepid reactions from the audience. Company officials, however, are receptive to the Mexican grappler as they feel he has superstar potential because he's bilingual, tall and has a "great movie star look." His push is also fueled by the company's need for Hispanic stars given the lack of clarity regarding the long-term futures of Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara.

Meanwhile, Del Rio admitted during an interview last week with Bay area sports radio station 95.7 FM The Game that he doesn't like many of his WWE peers. When asked who he liked the least, the second-generation wrestler said that he hates The Miz.

"This is not part of the show. I really dislike that guy. I've tried to punch him in the face several times, not in the ring I mean outside the ring, but he's just like a little girl, he's always running away from me," Del Rio said.

"There's a big difference between The Miz and I, I'm a real athlete, he's just a loud stupid little kid. He's probably one of those guys that was bullied when he was in school, that's the reason he's now oh so loud and he wants to get attention from everybody, but in my case he's the real deal."

Del Rio capped off his Miz rant by saying that he doesn't have many female fans because "he's fat and ugly."

Thoughts? Let the debating begin!
    The Journey of 1000 Miles begins with a single step!

I've been waiting for a thread like this. I will say, to begin, that not everyone will like my opinion. Honestly, I'm sick of Del Rio. His matches and promos are boring, and I honestly believe Ricardo could steal his spotlight. Now with his thoughts on the miz, irrogant. You can't be trashing your co-workers like that on a public radio. What a joke. The Miz does like to carry his character with himself wherever he goes, but he does it in promotion for WWE. This guy can't get over and I can't take him seriously. They should put him next on the list to be squashed by Funky.

I think this is something everybody expected, that attitude natural for him

THE BEST IN THE WORLD AT WHAT HE DOES

Never liked Del Rio. Don't buy his character at all, promos are meh at best and in-ring he is too generic.

The only thing that gets Del Rio over is Ricardo Rodriguez.

Del Rio could be better but they use him in a bad way

Del Rio did things the right way when he first got there in order to make an impact and to be taken seriously. He has had good matches in the ring with pretty much anyone he went against and either won or held his own without looking like a little bitch that needs help all the time. He can wrestle, and that's what sold me. People are just upset because of the big push he got, even though he was just about everything that many fans asked for in a heel.

Backstage politics have always existed so that means nothing considering that many of the all time greats threw their weight backstage. It's a fact that even Stone Cold said that HHH wasn't ready to be champion and HHH said the same about Edge. If Del Rio would have said something specific about Orton or Cena then everyone would agreed and would celebrate. But since he said something about the miz (which I feel is true), the people who like miz got upset. He said how he felt about miz and others have said the same about miz, even the guys on that radio interview. At least Del Rio has the skill to back it up.

Blog Entries
    So what if he's disliked backstage? When you're as good a politician as him it doesn't matter. It's been said in the past that most of the locker room didn't like HBK, Triple H and Nash, but that didn't stop them from winning titles and getting a lot of air time.

P.S. Del Rio is one of the best wrestlers in the WWE. Hes great on the mic too - it's creative's fault that they can't come up with anything more for him to say.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Brown One View Post
    So what if he's disliked backstage? When you're as good a politician as him it doesn't matter. It's been said in the past that most of the locker room didn't like HBK, Triple H and Nash, but that didn't stop them from winning titles and getting a lot of air time.

P.S. Del Rio is one of the best wrestlers in the WWE. Hes great on the mic too - it's creative's fault that they can't come up with anything more for him to say.
    Yup. The Kliq were great politicians because they knew Vince needed them to carry his company. They could have named the comapny Kliq and Co and Vince would have went along with the idea haha.

On topic, Del Rio is a great wrestler and knows what to do in order to become a top WWE Superstar. With a lot of work on his mic skills, he can be WWE's top heel.

just fire del rio and miz already gosh

"Do you come from a land down under?
    Where women glow and men plunder?
    Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
    You better run, you better take cover"

Quote Originally Posted by The Brown One View Post

Excuse me......... If someone wants to get over the right way they need to do the promos themselves and make it come from the heart.
    I will never forget you, CBot. You will always be my one true love.