Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11
    Featured Blogger Rated_R(ob)KO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    8,712
    Blog Entries
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by blink View Post
    If you wanna go that route shouldn't you pull barret and miz from the main event picture too? Neither have been in the main event scene in forever
    The difference is that Barrett and Miz have actually gone after Main Event Championships. Rhodes is NOT a main eventer yet.

  2. #12
    Black Ninja!
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Shovel Shop
    Posts
    14,783
    Quote Originally Posted by BATMAN View Post
    The difference is that Barrett and Miz have actually gone after Main Event Championships. Rhodes is NOT a main eventer yet.
    Quoted for truth!


    To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!

  3. #13
    Black Ninja! The Brown One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Auckland, NewZealand
    Posts
    8,521
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by blink View Post
    If you wanna go that route shouldn't you pull barret and miz from the main event picture too? Neither have been in the main event scene in forever
    Read Rob's post. Furthermore, Barrett JUST had feuds with Orton and Sheamus (arguably two of the most popular guys in the company). The Miz has been helping put over people over the past couple of months - Riley, Truth. Hes still a maineventer. If he wasn't, he wouldn't be in so many high profile matches.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by The Brown One View Post
    Read Rob's post. Furthermore, Barrett JUST had feuds with Orton and Sheamus (arguably two of the most popular guys in the company). The Miz has been helping put over people over the past couple of months - Riley, Truth. Hes still a maineventer. If he wasn't, he wouldn't be in so many high profile matches.
    See there is where our view points differ. Barrets feuds with sheamus and orton I see as a headliner but not the main event. To me the main eventers are the champion and contender(s). I know that some might not see a difference between headlining and main eventing but I always have.

  5. #15
    Black Ninja! The Brown One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Auckland, NewZealand
    Posts
    8,521
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by blink View Post
    See there is where our view points differ. Barrets feuds with sheamus and orton I see as a headliner but not the main event. To me the main eventers are the champion and contender(s). I know that some might not see a difference between headlining and main eventing but I always have.
    Fair enough. But I see guys who have been in the main event scene, can wrestle well, talk well and have had good feuds as main eventers. To me, even when Chris Jericho was teaming with The Big Show and holding the tagteam titles, he was a main eventer. He was facing other main eventers, and can transition into the main event and title matches anytime he wants.

    P.S. Isn't John Cena a main eventer to you? I mean, just because hes not in the title picture, doesn't mean he shouldn't be called a main eventer.

  6. #16
    In regards to the original question, it's because SmackDown is the B show, yet having them win all the interpromotion feuds creates a half hearted illusion that the brands are equal.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by The Brown One View Post
    Fair enough. But I see guys who have been in the main event scene, can wrestle well, talk well and have had good feuds as main eventers. To me, even when Chris Jericho was teaming with The Big Show and holding the tagteam titles, he was a main eventer. He was facing other main eventers, and can transition into the main event and title matches anytime he wants.

    P.S. Isn't John Cena a main eventer to you? I mean, just because hes not in the title picture, doesn't mean he shouldn't be called a main eventer.
    John cena isn't a Main eventer to me at the moment. He neither holds the title or is challenging for one. He is in a headlining feud with Kane. Although now I sort of see the problem with the way I view things since his headlining match with the rock at mania IS the main event. Although that sort of is a different circumstance entirely.

  8. #18
    I haven't researched all the different Raw vs. Smackdown confrontations we've had, but the few that pop to mind I believe you're right, Smackdown came out on top. It'd be interesting to hear if there were some ulterior, pseudo-psychological reasoning cooked up by Vince McMahon for a future storyline, but the Raw/Smackdown feud doesn't really exist anyway, so I think it's just coincidence.

    I've been wrong (and am wrong) enough times before, though. Interesting point, OP.

    Shhhh... I think people can hear you...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.