Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Raw on the short end of the stick?

So I've had this question. For a while now so I figured I'd go ahead and ask it. Why does it always seem like when it's raw vs smackdown, smackdown always goes over? Think about it, survivor series, royal rumbles, mitb, big stage inter promotional matches... It always seems like SD is winning these. I understand smackdown is the b show and they want to make their stars bigger to improve ratings but I wonder if there is more to it than that? Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by blink View Post
    So I've had this question. For a while now so I figured I'd go ahead and ask it. Why does it always seem like when it's raw vs smackdown, smackdown always goes over? Think about it, survivor series, royal rumbles, mitb, big stage inter promotional matches... It always seems like SD is winning these. I understand smackdown is the b show and they want to make their stars bigger to improve ratings but I wonder if there is more to it than that? Any ideas?
    I don't see Smackdown as the B show. At the moment the only thing Raw does better than Smackdown is the fact it's live.

I think the general consensus is the suits in wwe see SD as the b show

Blog Entries
    Good to see you back. Try not to get yourself banned again
    I think they do it in an attempt to make people care about Smackdown more. It's not very realistic, since Raw usually has the big names, and considerably more of them - lets take a look:

Raw
    ADR
    Chris Jericho
    John Cena
    CM Punk
    The Miz
    Dolph Ziggler
    Kane

Smackdown

Christian
    Orton
    Henry
    Show
    Sheamus
    Barrett
    Bryan

They're even at this stage, but Raw clearly has the bigger names. But they try to make it look realistic when it's SD vs Raw on PPV, by having the Raw team fall apart somehow. It's been done to death and they ought to change it up this year!

Quote Originally Posted by The Brown One View Post
    I think they do it in an attempt to make people care about Smackdown more. It's not very realistic, since Raw usually has the big names, and considerably more of them - lets take a look:

Raw
    ADR
    Chris Jericho
    John Cena
    CM Punk
    The Miz
    Dolph Ziggler
    Kane

Smackdown

Christian
    Orton
    Henry
    Show
    Sheamus
    Barrett
    Bryan

They're even at this stage, but Raw clearly has the bigger names. But they try to make it look realistic when it's SD vs Raw on PPV, by having the Raw team fall apart somehow. It's been done to death and they ought to change it up this year!
    Its good to be back and yes my current plans are to keep it that way. I appreciate your courtesy. I agree that it needs to be changed up. Instead up having a team fall apart it should be a straight up affair. Maybe have raw win every once in a while. With that said, if they do have a mitb at mania, I hope Christian wins it. Raw may have bigger names but to me SD always seems to have more compelling characters.

The only reason people don't consider Smackdown the B show is because all the IWC darlings are over there. The top draws are all on Raw.

@irk - that is a good point. I bet if the moved Ryder over there, most iwc members would have a nerdgasm. Not me though, I'm anti Ryder. I like smackdown more than raw these days. Guys actually have a chance of getting the world title over there. If there was 1 major championship and not brand split, guys like Bryan, Henry and Christian probably never would've gotten the big belt. I'd even say that about punk too... Well maybe not, odds are he would've made it but I bet it would've taken him a whole lot longer.

Raw
    ADR
    Chris Jericho
    John Cena
    CM Punk
    The Miz
    Dolph Ziggler
    Kane

Smackdown

Christian
    Orton
    Henry
    Show
    Sheamus
    Barrett
    Bryan
    Cody

you forgot someone.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 300pills View Post
    you forgot someone.
    Rhodes isn't a main eventer.

Rhodes isn't a main eventer.
    If you wanna go that route shouldn't you pull barret and miz from the main event picture too? Neither have been in the main event scene in forever