Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

First world title reigns.

Is it just me that thinks that WWE always wastes wrestlers first world title reign? Has anyone else noticed recently that wrestlers just seem to be having TERRIBLE first runs? Why is this? Are they trying to quickly build people up? That method hasn't worked consistently enough previously for it to be an effective method now. It is much easier and a much better tried and tested method of just building someone up with decent feuds and giving them something to run with rather than throwing them a terrible title run. Lets name a few off:

Sheamus - came in and won his first title within what? His first 6 months? Unbelievable.
    Christian - 17 years in the business and his first world title reign is 2 days. I still don't know the reasoning behind this.
    The Miz - forgive me if I am wrong but wasn't his first world title off a cheap money in the bank cash-in after LOSING his US championship?

There are many more but I don't have the time. You can list them underneath as a response if you would like to.
    Messenger: This is blasphemy! This is madness!
    King Leonidas: Madness...?
    King Leonidas: THIS IS SPARTAAAAAAAA!

Blog Entries
    During Sheamus' first run as champ he did not pin or get a submission from a former World Champ, much like Bryan currently.

The Zigmasters 11 minute WHC crusade.

Two words fella: Mark Henry. Not always!!

Jack Swagger's run was just horrible.
    E-Fed Vet. From 2010 and counting.

2X JBW World Champion
    1X EWNCW World Champion
    14X Chlamydia victim

Blog Entries
    Rey Mysterios less than 2 hr run as WWE Champion

christians world title loss made sense to develop the feud with orton and for him to turn heel.ziggler getting the title for a few hours was a joke.

FOLEY IS GOD

Christians WHC reign for 2 days was ridiculous! Stupid move on WWE's part.

Blog Entries
    Big Show's 40 second WHC run. A slap in the face considering he hadn't won a world title in 9 years!
    But the WWE does try to rush things with their younger talent. Just look at ADR. He won so many things so quickly, but did anyone take him seriously? They ought to give their younger talent long midcard title reigns (like Ziggler and Rhodes), have them feud with main eventers, drop the title, and then compete for the world titles.

do you remember cena and batista first title reign?? it was a good solid reign after a wm victory, thats how they got credibility