Blog Entries

What the hell was up with Raw?

For those who watched Raw, you would have noticed that there were few matches, and a significant part of the show was nothing but video packages. Now, videos of the past are a good way to bring up something that fans may have forgotten, but the WWE has done this too often, and it hasn't been effective. Granted, they show the last part of Raw every week, but they have been showing us the same Rock and Cena promos for a MONTH, every Raw and Smackdown! That doesn't build "the biggest match of all time". That just shows they're lazy and uncreative.

They also harped on about Rocky and Cena having the ol' Twitter battle. Why can't they build up the feud face to face? (or at least face to satellite). What's your opinion on the video packages?

Blog Entries
    The video packages are good, but I agree that they are shown far too much, especially last night. And it's not just the Rock/Cena thing, I mean they showed the same Taker promo twice last night. I can understand that WWE want to hype these things up, but if people want to re-watch them then they can watch them on WWE.com or youtube, instead of taking up precious tv time. Because last night, Brodus Clay was bumped off the card and into a dark match, and the Cena/Kane feud got barely no mention at all.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    The video packages are good, but I agree that they are shown far too much, especially last night. And it's not just the Rock/Cena thing, I mean they showed the same Taker promo twice last night. I can understand that WWE want to hype these things up, but if people want to re-watch them then they can watch them on WWE.com or youtube, instead of taking up precious tv time. Because last night, Brodus Clay was bumped off the card and into a dark match, and the Cena/Kane feud got barely no mention at all.
    Considering Cena vs The Rock is supposed to be the "biggest feud of all time", shouldn't they have put more emphasis on it by using new material rather than rehashing old crap? I mean, I enjoyed the content of those videos, but FFS seeing them once is enough! This is one of the big reasons why I'm not sucked into this feud. Hell, The Miz vs R Truth feud is better right now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Brown One View Post
    For those who watched Raw, you would have noticed that there were few matches, and a significant part of the show was nothing but video packages. Now, videos of the past are a good way to bring up something that fans may have forgotten, but the WWE has done this too often, and it hasn't been effective. Granted, they show the last part of Raw every week, but they have been showing us the same Rock and Cena promos for a MONTH, every Raw and Smackdown! That doesn't build "the biggest match of all time". That just shows they're lazy and uncreative.

They also harped on about Rocky and Cena having the ol' Twitter battle. Why can't they build up the feud face to face? (or at least face to satellite). What's your opinion on the video packages?
    Extremely great point Brown. They could have atleast done this after Rumble. I get they want to keep the Cena/Kane feud going, but they could have some kind of satellite message from the Rock, talking smack to Cena.

As for the video packages, I like them, but they are focusing on them WAY too much

Blog Entries
    Dude The Rock isn't on WWE full time so they have to find a way to hype the match, apparently video packages and twitter, also anyone noticed the fact almost all the matches featured Smackdown superstars???

I don't understand why they showed the same Taker promo twice. As for Rock/Cena these video packages are being shown every RAW/Smackdown because Mania is now just around the corner and they need something of sorts to build-up the fued whilst The Rock is away. I agree though it would have been nice to see a change of videos other than the same crap but thats WWE for you. Have patience though it's only another 2 weeks then Rocky will be here to settle this fued face to face in the weeks leading upto WM.

Blog Entries
    I hear you, did anyone else get really disapointed by the Six Pack Challenge? It was botch after botch.

That Rock video package was loooooong. Was it in between two commercial breaks, or something? I don't have an issue with them keeping the Rock in front of the audience because we all know that Rock/Cena takes precedence and it'd be pitiful this close to Mania to not have the Rock on t.v. in some capacity, but again, that was looooooooong.

It wasn't hyping of his so much as it was just stock footage of him smiling, waving, and doing the "lovely pec dance" or whatever the frick he called it.

The Undertaker's promo wasn't so bad, I'm just really not into his character that much anymore. Did he just move into Castle Grayskull or something? I wish instead of being the Gargamel-esque character he'd move into a more classic western era badass. But I've already said that before so who gives a damn.

Shhhh... I think people can hear you...

I think it's because, they have a shitload of stuff coming up to do.

Live Events(Which, they could probably cut down on this time of year)

SD.

The EC(Live and brutal), RAW(Live), and SD(Live)
    EWNCW
    Seraphim/Black Angel: Day of Reckoning PPV - Battle of the Newcomers - Winner
    Seraphim: Destiny's Calling PPV - IronMan Match against PrimusKhan - Winner
    Seraphim: Glory to the Brave - Beat Solla in a Steel Cage Match

HWA
    Black Angel: Drafted to Legacy.
    Black Angel: Took out Kev.

BWA
    Blacklist Royalty(Alex Foyt): Number #1 Contender for the BWA World Championship
    Alex Foyt Gains a Partner: Prince Chamberlain