Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    What does CM Punk say after every promo???? I'm Straight Edge... Which means I'm better than you. Yes your everyday Straight Edge lifestyle does suit more of a face gimmick in the PG WWE but not the CM Punk Straight Edge which I think is much greater as a heel and is better as a heel in any Rated Promotion.
    AWESOME!!!

The straight edge gimmick can work either. when he first debuted in ecw he used it as a face.

It's not the gimmick that dictates his character being face or heel, its the way he portrays the gimmick that does that, and the way he is currently doing it is in a heel like fashion!

Well Cm Punk can use the sttraight edge as a face or heel very good.

In my opinion, PG would benefit more with face CM Punk better for his Straight Edge beliefs of not drinking alcohol,not smoking cigarettes, and not doing drugs. Doing messages of not doing said things and some added WWE crap like "You can be a superstar like me."

#REAL!

His lifestyle isn't what makes him heel, its the way he forces it onto others that makes him heel, everyone knows his lifestyle choice is one that parents would love their children to follow, but its the dictatorship that Punk using to force his views on people that makes him heel

We know that. But the WWE should make the smart choice if they want more money if they make CM Punk face and cut promos of his Straight Edge lifestyle. Mostly on his discipline of not doing drugs, smoking and drinking. Clothing and such.

#REAL!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverGhost View Post
    We know that. But the WWE should make the smart choice if they want more money if they make CM Punk face and cut promos of his Straight Edge lifestyle. Mostly on his discipline of not doing drugs, smoking and drinking. Clothing and such.
    CM Punk was face, and was cutting face promos about his Straight Edge Lifestyle, he was doing it for a good three years in WWE and in OVW, what he did was nowhere near as entertaining as when he started cutting Heel Straight Edge promos.

You're missing the point, Straight Edge isn't the baddy in all of this, its the guy who is using it to emotionally blackmail the weak minded into his way of thinking, he is taking something good and using it for Evil, its classic storytelling.

Have you never seen films/Shows/Documentaries about Bible Bashers who believe they are receiving messages directly from God, they Preach good things but do evil things because they believe they God's the on Earth disciple, this is exactly the same

I think Punk is a strong heel that can deliver a message better then if he was a face.

As a face he seems like to much of a goody goody and I think Cena has that gimmick covered all on his own.
    It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

When he was a face he was never a goody goody. The straight edge was acknowledged less then now as a heel.