Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Yep CM Punk would be better fit as a face even though he's a great heel.

Blog Entries
    Like everybody that falls between the 18-35 demographic I think CM Christ is freaking awesome as a heel, but I would tend to agree that Punk in PG could be a HUGE star. I mean like, John Cena, huge. If done properly CM Punk could be the Cena of Smackdown with his sXe gimmick. Hell I think that since we're in the PG Era, Jeff Hardy should've been a heel and Punk a face. It would've made more sense (IN A PG THOUGHT PROCESS)

Straight Edge fits better as a heel, it goes best with what Straight Edge Culture is all about. Back in the day they would just randomly beat the crap out of random people who were smoking a cigarette. Good Principles but their actions were much more of a heel persona.

SES is good as heels, because all they do is diss the crowd. A face group would probably light a bonfire and sing kumbaya. Nobody wants to see that!
    It's Not Arrogance, It's Destiny!

Quote Originally Posted by sbennumi View Post
    Straight Edge fits better as a heel, it goes best with what Straight Edge Culture is all about. Back in the day they would just randomly beat the crap out of random people who were smoking a cigarette. Good Principles but their actions were much more of a heel persona.
    There you go you just said back in the day. This is now.

Quote Originally Posted by RKOViper View Post
    SES is good as heels, because all they do is diss the crowd. A face group would probably light a bonfire and sing kumbaya. Nobody wants to see that!
    But pretend SES never happen and CM Punk never went heel last year.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AGEOFFALL View Post
    We all know that Cm Punk's Straight Edge gimmick he plays on tv every week is not only a gimmick but who he is in real life. Straight Edge means you don't do drugs, you don't smoke, and you don't drink. So the question I have is why did wwe decide to make a heel? I'm not saying his not good because the reality is he's a great heel but can't that straight edge lifestyle be used to market towards the little kids?
    All I'll say is, nice pictures of Layla!! I love her
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by AGEOFFALL View Post
    There you go you just said back in the day. This is now.

But pretend SES never happen and CM Punk never went heel last year.
    Then he may not have had his 3rd World Title, and he would have cashed in against a heel. And Smackdown would be boring.
    It's Not Arrogance, It's Destiny!

the heel cm punk would be alot better if wwe wasnt in pg would be like the right to censor from 2000 as a baby face he could be like the hulk hogan style of say your prayers eat your vitamins style and that would be huge

I don't mind whether he is a face or heel but I'm just saying why didn't wwe see the straight edge marketability.

What CM Punk is about would usually make him a natural good guy, he is the guy most kids parents would dream of their kids looking up too, however, its the way Punk promotes his lifestyle that makes him a heel, the thing about the USA is that its "The Land of the Free" yet CM Punk is trying to enforce his life choices onto others and he is trying to take peoples right of freedom away from them by demanding they follow what he does.

Its that which makes CM Punk a heel, you have to remember he played the Straight Edge face in the WWE/OVW for about four years in so its not like he just decided to promote his lifestyle due to his heel turn.