Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

CM Punk in the PG Era

We all know that Cm Punk's Straight Edge gimmick he plays on tv every week is not only a gimmick but who he is in real life. Straight Edge means you don't do drugs, you don't smoke, and you don't drink. So the question I have is why did wwe decide to make a heel? I'm not saying his not good because the reality is he's a great heel but can't that straight edge lifestyle be used to market towards the little kids?

That is not a bad idea. He could be like a spokesperson for Above the Influence for the kids.

Punk always uses the Straight Edge, no matter if he is face or heel. He just stresses certain aspects of it, he did that in ROH and in the indys...there is this GREAT vid of him back in the day when he had an "invisible mic" and when he had it in some girl's face he was like "dumb drunk there is no mic!"

Quote Originally Posted by Starscreamer View Post
    Punk always uses the Straight Edge, no matter if he is face or heel. He just stresses certain aspects of it, he did that in ROH and in the indys...there is this GREAT vid of him back in the day when he had an "invisible mic" and when he had it in some girl's face he was like "dumb drunk there is no mic!"
    Really I didn't that. But you have to remember that was ROH, this is PG WWE. ROH's target audience isn't little kids. WWE's target audience is little kids.

I love how at the end he hands the invisible microphone back to the announcer at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by AGEOFFALL View Post
    We all know that Cm Punk's Straight Edge gimmick he plays on tv every week is not only a gimmick but who he is in real life. Straight Edge means you don't do drugs, you don't smoke, and you don't drink. So the question I have is why did wwe decide to make a heel? I'm not saying his not good because the reality is he's a great heel but can't that straight edge lifestyle be used to market towards the little kids?
    I've always wondered the same thing. He's amazing playing the heel role, but I figure the WWE would be able to market him better face.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Perfect View Post
    I've always wondered the same thing. He's amazing playing the heel role, but I figure the WWE would be able to market him better face.
    Glad I'm not the only one that sees this.

WWE should market this with CM Punk. It would spread the message and make a lot of money.

What is not clicking with me is that WWE is catering to the younger audience, but the way his are set up, he's attacking the audience for their alcoholism and drug use and things like that, but I don't think the majority of kids that watch are drinkers or even drug users. I know in a way, hes going after the parents, but still. It just isn't making sense to me. I love heel CM punk like everyone else, but for this day and age, he'd be better as a face