Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

The Point of Jericho?

When Y2J came back after that series of video packages and began delivering all those cryptic promo's, it split the iwc down the middle. Then with the announcement that at the Rumble 'the world as we know it would come to an end' we looked forward to some answers and possibly a new situation for the rumble entirely (Y2J winning without wrestling, maybe a complete shut down of the rumble match etc). Instead we just got Y2J wrestling (wrestling well admittedly) then loosing in a really strange rumble match.

Now it seems the build has gone by the way side in favour of a cheap old sneak attack against punk (this could easily lead to a great rivalry, but still)

Any thoughts?

PS didn't seem to be any other threads on this, please merge if I'm wrong

Blog Entries
    yeah i see what you mean. I guess the wwe just threw us a curve ball. as long as his match with punk ends up being good i think all will be well. although i dont know why they created such a big weeks worth of build for him to do nothing. but who knows maybe wwe has something up their sleeve.
    One Of The Best To Do It.

Blog Entries
    Just have patience dude. It's going to lead to one kickass feud!
    P.S. according to Ro(b) (a poster here), it was the end of the world at the Rumble. Because after Jericho didn't win the Rumble, most of the IWC took to the internet and bitched about him not winning and saying that the WWE dropped the ball with him. That's what Jericho wanted. It's really genius.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LoGik View Post
    yeah i see what you mean. I guess the wwe just threw us a curve ball. as long as his match with punk ends up being good i think all will be well. although i dont know why they created such a big weeks worth of build for him to do nothing. but who knows maybe wwe has something up their sleeve.
    Yeah I mean the E did say there would be a big swerve at the rumble, and I was definitely not expecting Jericho to lose. My guess is over the next few weeks we will(hopefully), get more light shed on all of Jerichos promos that led to his return

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Brown One View Post
    Just have patience dude. It's going to lead to one kickass feud!
    P.S. according to Ro(b) (a poster here), it was the end of the world at the Rumble. Because after Jericho didn't win the Rumble, most of the IWC took to the internet and bitched about him not winning and saying that the WWE dropped the ball with him. That's what Jericho wanted. It's really genius.
    I like the self referencing losing the rumble idea! ha. I've gotta say I was really into everything about his return - especially his little tease in the tag match a few weeks back. Just felt like he might have made more of it. I read somewhere about an idea that each week Jericho was back he would reference something from each week of promos, i guess that means he's at the stage where he's 'returned' now so to speak. Looking forward to more answers and am sure it will lead to great things! just wondered what others might be thinking

I think the set of promos before his return was also part of his Jeritroll gimmick. It obviously got people talking and wondering and analyzing. But I think most of it has no real relavance. There probablly isn't even a 'she' involved.

Blog Entries
    I think we'll just have to wait and see. What was the point of having him troll around the ring for weeks, then not win the rumble and next night on raw attack CM Punk. He needs to tie in everything that he has done with a promo that needs to happen soon imo. Anyways if he doesn't speak either way next week Punk will take matters into his own hands.
    I'm jus sayin...

To be awesome and annoy everyone!

Normal Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    To be awesome and annoy everyone!
    ^^This^^

Black Ninja!
    He's Chris Fricken Jericho. There doesn't have to be a point! He is gold

To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!