View Poll Results: Who will win?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Rock

    7 25.00%
  • John Cena

    21 75.00%
Page 67 of 70 FirstFirst ... 17 576566676869 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 670 of 691
  1. #661
    I don't get why people think Cena needs to turn heel to be great. If he turned heel he would be just as dominant. Maybe adapt a DILLIGAF attitude but that would be it. His moveset would be the same things just as vicious as he can be when he's a face.

    He's not in the title hunt
    He's more aggressive
    He's expanded his move set

    the only thing he hasn't done that the IWC wants him to do is turn heel. I actually respect him for saying he's not gonna turn heel just because YOU want him to. He's got fans who love him as a face so he's loyal to them. I can respect that. We may not like him for it, but that's his prerogative as much as it is ours.

    I see your point akbar, but I feel like this should've been hammered in as a point from The Rock at the beginning of the feud. This "I have to win" shtick from both of them is too little too late with no physicality for almost a year. The WWE always seems to blow things in these feuds. The only feud with decent buildup so far is Trips/Taker and I'm not even hype about that because they'll be damn near wheeling around the HIAC in wheelchairs.

    This WM is gonna be shaky as shit. I hope Bryan/Sheamus, Show/Rhodes and Punk/Jericho deliver, cause that's what I'm most looking forward to at this point.

  2. #662
    I was the one who wrote the blog that stated Cena was holding back, not The Rock.

    And I don't see that as proof. It's not like the Rock came back and said, "Bitch I'm holding back from making you look stupid!"

    I could see Punk maybe holding back, because he's a straight shooter. Rocky is a comedian... he makes fun of people, he's been doing that ever since he called Cena a fruity pebble. I don't know if it's as much Rock holding back, or the fact that he's up against someone who's not selling his insults the way Jericho, Edge or Trips used to. The bugged eyes and the stomping around the ring kicking the ropes thing.

    People hate that Cena smirks during his promos, I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't shooting on each other on Monday. I still think Cena is restraining himself quite a bit. If you look at the week to week from last years build to Wrestlemania to this one, who got given the most mic time in promos. Who was made to smile sheepishly and take a Rock Bottom twice? Who basically laughed through two freestyles on the Rock while the Rock got to push pre-taped promos? Advantage Rocky

    Now that Cena is coming at his jugular, he's rapping with venom, he's cursing like a man who's got a legitimate beef, it's Rock who's holding back???

    that makes zero sense.

    Sure, Rock could say a bunch of stuff back to Cena. But not on his feet. I think that's the point. Punk and Orton know this. Cena can think on his feet and crack right back in a shoot. I don't think Rocky is that swift. Sure he's more charismatic, but I don't think he could win in a shoot. And thats what we've been seeing. Worked albeit, but still a series of shoots.

    in a vignette, The Rock can own, but in the ring, Cena may just have him outmatched.

    Cue the bashing,....

  3. #663
    Quote Originally Posted by Dap Diesel View Post
    I was the one who wrote the blog that stated Cena was holding back, not The Rock.

    And I don't see that as proof. It's not like the Rock came back and said, "Bitch I'm holding back from making you look stupid!"

    I could see Punk maybe holding back, because he's a straight shooter. Rocky is a comedian... he makes fun of people, he's been doing that ever since he called Cena a fruity pebble. I don't know if it's as much Rock holding back, or the fact that he's up against someone who's not selling his insults the way Jericho, Edge or Trips used to. The bugged eyes and the stomping around the ring kicking the ropes thing.

    People hate that Cena smirks during his promos, I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't shooting on each other on Monday. I still think Cena is restraining himself quite a bit. If you look at the week to week from last years build to Wrestlemania to this one, who got given the most mic time in promos. Who was made to smile sheepishly and take a Rock Bottom twice? Who basically laughed through two freestyles on the Rock while the Rock got to push pre-taped promos? Advantage Rocky

    Now that Cena is coming at his jugular, he's rapping with venom, he's cursing like a man who's got a legitimate beef, it's Rock who's holding back???

    that makes zero sense.

    Sure, Rock could say a bunch of stuff back to Cena. But not on his feet. I think that's the point. Punk and Orton know this. Cena can think on his feet and crack right back in a shoot. I don't think Rocky is that swift. Sure he's more charismatic, but I don't think he could win in a shoot. And thats what we've been seeing. Worked albeit, but still a series of shoots.

    in a vignette, The Rock can own, but in the ring, Cena may just have him outmatched.

    Cue the bashing,....
    Cena outperforming Rock in the ring is borderline laughable.

  4. #664
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Cranium View Post
    The way he sells merch and works his ass off, I would say "YES".
    Yup. Plus for the past 10 years with undertaker being on a limited schedule and austin/Rock going, Cena HAS been the top guy. He's a "great", and will be a legend in the future. Love him, or hate him.

    G
    GMU - UTID!
     
    2012 - 2nd!

  5. #665
    Ok think about this for a second. He didn't mention Undertaker in this. Why because Undertaker is undefeated. Do you see The Rock coming out after beating Cena if he does win and challenging Undertaker?

  6. #666
    Quote Originally Posted by HB-Dre View Post
    I think the the Rock means beating these three on the biggest stage of them all
    If The Rock is talking about beating the greats on the greatest stage of all he has to face The Undertaker.

    When he said about having beaten Hogan, Austin and now Cena I heard, "I beat an old man past his prime, a man who handed me my ass nemerous times and I really want you to think I've got a chance of beating Cena but everyone, AND I MEAN EVERYONE!, knows I'm only here for the money."

    The Rock is undoubtedly one of the all time greats but he never had Hulkamania, Austin was/is the face of the attitude era and the Cenanation are about the only force around that can tackle belibers #shudders# for blind, rabid passionate fandom.

    As for whether Cena is "great". I choose my words carefully when I say he is the greatest Sports Entertainer since Hulk Hogan.


    Divas to believe in.

  7. #667
    @The Rock holding back:
    I don't see anywhere in that post that shows a definitive sign that the Rock was holding back. If the only other line you could add to the Rock was that I left, while I could still go you are just proving Cena's point. Cena has consistently said that the Rock turned is back on the WWE fans to go to Hollywood. Also I agree that Cena is holding back because he has a hell of a lot more ammo to use on the Rock than what's been said. He could call out the Rock for dropping his "the Rock" name and just going by Dwanye Johnson. He could call out the Rock for not putting anyone over on his way out the first time around. He could call out the Rock for ignoring guys like Stone Cold and HHH at the HOF after he inducted his father and grandfather. If anyone is holding back it has to be Cena because all of this could turn the crowd against the Rock, but Vince and the WWE clearly don't want that.

    @Superstars being mad:
    I would be mad to if I busted my ass working the WWE schedule just for some B-Lister celebrity to come in and steal my spot on the grandest stage of them all, that goes for Y2J to. These two guys come in for Wrestlemania just for the pay day and to promote their real focus. How many times has Fozzy been mentioned since Y2J has returned? How many different movies of the Rock have been mentioned since he returned? Y2J isn't as bad as the Rock, but both of these guys I think don't want to call themselves wrestlers. They both want to be on a bigger stage.

  8. #668
    Quote Originally Posted by Snair View Post
    Cena outperforming Rock in the ring is borderline laughable.
    I would rather watch John Cena wrestle than the Rock

  9. #669
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Stone View Post
    The Rock has no choice because he's the best at doing promos in wrestling history and you have to make it as if both are balanced or the Rock would own cena. That writing on the wrist thing was made up just so Cena could have something to talk about. If it was Cm Punk then the Rock would be able to not hold back because Punk can at least compete with Rock as far as mic skills go. Everytime I heard Cena say something about the tooth fairy movie I can imagine Rock saying Well at least my tooth fairy movie made more money than all 4 of your shitty movies combined haha it would of been hilarious
    Really? Because to me that would have made The Rock sound like 9 year old who's stumbled his way into his first web forum. Not least beacuse Cena would just have laughed it off and agreed. Right now Cena is Eminem in 8 Mile, no matter what anyone says he knows it's true and doesn't care because he's still number 1. Also, and I'm nit picking so forgive me, The Rock needs to be able to say, "your shitty movies" because he can't cut it on PGTV. All his promos are poor sexual inuendos and dick measuring contests which a) just goes over the heads of kids and b)just makes him look like a 9 year old who's stumbled his way into his first web forum.

    (not and attack on you Keith Stone just disagreeing)


    Divas to believe in.

  10. #670
    Black Ninja! Automatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Rotterdam, Holland
    Posts
    6,405
    Off course Rock is holding in, any fool can see that.
    They've been trying forever to get Cena more liked by the audience, so Rock is holding in and doing the job.
    Which has resulted in this lackluster build.

    This whole build has been way too juvenile for me anyway.

    ''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.