28. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Rock

7 25.00%
  • John Cena

21 75.00%
Page 63 of 70 FirstFirst ... 13 536162636465 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Austin View Post
    Not watching a PPV just because The Rock is on it?

Fair play chief, just seems a bit weird, plenty of other matches on those PPV cards
    I'm just playing around, I'll watch all the other matches then go on a beer run when rock's match is on.

UFC Womens Bantamweight Champion
    Ronda Rousey

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Death View Post
    I'm just playing around, I'll watch all the other matches then go on a beer run when rock's match is on.
    Ah fair play chief

I can't wait for this match, or any other future Rock matches!

Blog Entries
    I was thinking about this. This week we get Rock Concert and Cena rap. Doubt there will be any kind of physical interaction, and then probably next week another set of promos, with a possibility of a physical interaction but to me, most likely we will see Cena/Rock go at it on the final Raw. I think Cena will get the upperhand considering at Survivor Series the Rock planted Cena.

Also, what crap is this about The Miz possibly being involved in the Cena/Rock match...I smell something fishy and I don't like it

It is rumored that the Miz is going to be involved with the match some how. I also think Ryder will be somehow be involved with the match if he isn't in the Team Teddy vs Team Johnny match.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bearkg88 View Post
    I was thinking about this. This week we get Rock Concert and Cena rap. Doubt there will be any kind of physical interaction, and then probably next week another set of promos, with a possibility of a physical interaction but to me, most likely we will see Cena/Rock go at it on the final Raw. I think Cena will get the upperhand considering at Survivor Series the Rock planted Cena.

Also, what crap is this about The Miz possibly being involved in the Cena/Rock match...I smell something fishy and I don't like it
    It's probably the only way to bring interest into this match up is by spreading rumors about Miz getting involved. Without the rumors and the little build, a lot of people are losing interest in the Cena-Rock match and it shows by the reaction of the crowd getting bored.

Ronda Rousey

Quote Originally Posted by american_dragon View Post
    It is rumored that the Miz is going to be involved with the match some how. I also think Ryder will be somehow be involved with the match if he isn't in the Team Teddy vs Team Johnny match.
    Zack Ryder involved in a big match like this? No way chief
    Seiko

Quote Originally Posted by Vandarius View Post
    Darius: You're all bitching again? Jesus, I thought this was Insane Championship Wrestling ... Not Jersey Shore!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Giddy View Post
    Kryptonite is awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post
    Your sig gives kind of a rapey vibe

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DUBS View Post
    That's what I thought too. It wouldn't make sense for Ryder to get inolved in the match either.
    Right. Ryder getting involved would be like Santino getting involved in the Sheamus/Bryan match. You'd just be like ..wtf. As for the Miz, i guess it could make sense as to why he interjects himself, but i agree with Dubs. Cena vs Rock needs to happen 1 time, and 1 time only to make it memorable

Blog Entries
    I just watched the new Rock dvd, and have to say it was done really well. It got me thinking though about the whole build up to Cena vs Rock and I wanted to share my thoughts. Vince himself says on the dvd, they expected Hogan vs Rock to be 50/50 in regards to crowd reaction, so when the fans were in favor of Hogan over Rock, so I think that in regards to Cena/Rock, Vince went up to the Rock and said "Rock I know you normally go out there and blow it away on the mic, but can you take it down a notch or two? We really want the fans to know want to kill Cena at Miami." I mean, look at the promos from the Rock before he left. They were epic. Even when he came back last February there was still that electricity.

Also, I think anyone who considers this a "torch passing match" I think are fooling themselves. I've heard people consider Rock/Hogan a torch passing match, but think this. Rock wrestled at WM 18, and then between there and Wrestlemania XX, he was in the E sporadically. How is that passing the torch? Plus when Rock faced Hogan, he accomplished pretty much everything he could. Much like Cena has accomplished pretty much everything there is to do(except hold the IC title), I don't see Rock/Cena as a torch passing match, just merely a dream match come true

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DUBS View Post
    I might check out The Rock's DVD. I'm intrigued to see how The Rock was behinds the scene in the early stages of his career.

And I agreed Bearkg. People who see this as The Rock passing the torch to Cena aren't grasping the bigger picture of things. This match is about two different generations colliding at Wrestlemania 28. Its also to give them a massive buyrate. For me, it doesn't matter who wins. If The Rock wins, than it doesn't make Cena look weak but if Cena wins, it doesn't make The Rock look weak. So it doesn't matter what the outcome of the match is.
    That's exactly what a passing of the proverbial torch match is all about.

Ronda Rousey

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Death View Post
    That's exactly what a passing of the proverbial torch match is all about.
    Not wanting to get into an argument, but I disagree. To me, a torch passing match is where you know superstar is going to be gone for a long time, or retiring, and is essentially giving the reigns as the head guy to whoever he is facing. One might argue the Cena/JBL and HHH/Batista matches were those(i'm not saying i see it that way, just using as possible examples). To me this match is merely a past meets present collision dream match. Similar to how say 4 years from now Cm Punk faces HBK(I think it would be the first time they would face with one another, correct me if I am wrong). Or Stone Cold vs CM Punk that could happen next year. Austin wouldn't be passing the torch to Punk, though I am sure others would call it a torch passing match.