28. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Rock

7 25.00%
  • John Cena

21 75.00%
Page 52 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2 425051525354 62 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twoot2 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the notes on the Rock's wrist was all part of the plan. It was simply done to make Cena look better, and also probably give him something new to talk about other than the same 'your not here' routine.
    That's kind of what I thought also, however the talk backstage from all reports is that Cena wasn't supposed to mention it.

UFC Womens Bantamweight Champion
    Ronda Rousey

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Death View Post
    That's kind of what I thought also, however the talk backstage from all reports is that Cena wasn't supposed to mention it.
    I've never heard of something like this been done before in the past, with the Rock or any other wrestler. So i could only assume it was pre planned despite the reports.

Blog Entries
    I've never heard of something like this been done before in the past, with the Rock or any other wrestler. So i could only assume it was pre planned despite the reports.
    I agree, however I find it hard to believe that the WWE creative/writers came up with this. It's too smart for them.

Ronda Rousey

I agree, however I find it hard to believe that the WWE creative/writers came up with this. It's too smart for them.
    It just depends how you see it I guess. That's just my take on things mate. I wonder if Cena is going to acknowledge this on Raw tonight though.

Blog Entries
    It just depends how you see it I guess. That's just my take on things mate. I wonder if Cena is going to acknowledge this on Raw tonight though.
    I expect him to. The thing is that the Rock vs Cena feud has had little to no build up, (they have had a lot of promotion for the match, but no actual build), and this war of words should lead to some sort of physical confrontation between the two of them. I think this is needed to really spark more interest in this feud as WM isn't that far away and they are main eventing the PPV.

Ronda Rousey

I expect him to. The thing is that the Rock vs Cena feud has had little to no build up, (they have had a lot of promotion for the match, but no actual build), and this war of words should lead to some sort of physical confrontation between the two of them. I think this is needed to really spark more interest in this feud as WM isn't that far away and they are main eventing the PPV.
    Agreed. A physical confrontation would really help their fued. The other thing that annoys me is Rock constantly mentioning twitter in every promo he speaks. Last weeks promo was set out well, and he didn't rely on any of his catchprases up until the part were he started wanting to trend worldwide. I think it's past the point of jokes and petty insults now, they need to add more realism to there promos. Cena has for the past two week's, so I think he's gained abit of an advantage in the verbal side of thing's. The Y2J/Punk segment was great though and totally outdid anything Rock or Cena had to say.

Blog Entries
    Agreed. A physical confrontation would really help their fued. The other thing that annoys me is Rock constantly mentioning twitter in every promo he speaks. Last weeks promo was set out well, and he didn't rely on any of his catchprases up until the part were he started wanting to trend worldwide. I think it's past the point of jokes and petty insults now, they need to add more realism to there promos. Cena has for the past two week's, so I think he's gained abit of an advantage in the verbal side of thing's. The Y2J/Punk segment was great though and totally outdid anything Rock or Cena had to say.
    Absolutely, Y2J/Punk feud is outdoing anything from Cena/Rock at the moment. I feel that the twitter references need to stop. It's almost like the 'E is begging for attention to the Rock/Cena match, almost like they feel nobody cares. Jokes and rants are ok, but your right when you said;
    I think it's past the point of jokes and petty insults now, they need to add more realism to there promos.
    that pretty much sums up how the fans and even the 'E is feeling right now. Cena or Rock needs to take the next step and tonight's RAW would be the perfect time to do it.

Personally I'd like to see them start yapping, then Rock slap Cena across the face, then Cena ripping off his shirt and a fight break out leading from the ring to backstage, where security and other wrestlers break it up and hold them back. This scenario would I believe set the stage for heated exchange the week before WM and draw alot more interest and realism into the feud.

Ronda Rousey

Absolutely, Y2J/Punk feud is outdoing anything from Cena/Rock at the moment. I feel that the twitter references need to stop. It's almost like the 'E is begging for attention to the Rock/Cena match, almost like they feel nobody cares. Jokes and rants are ok, but your right when you said; that pretty much sums up how the fans and even the 'E is feeling right now. Cena or Rock needs to take the next step and tonight's RAW would be the perfect time to do it.
    Yeah, twitter references need to stop. Tonight they should do something interesting to add to there fued, if they don't and we see the same old crap, I think i am going to have little to no interest to the so called "Biggest match of all time"

[/QUOTE]Personally I'd like to see them start yapping, then Rock slap Cena across the face, then Cena ripping off his shirt and a fight break out leading from the ring to backstage, where security and other wrestlers break it up and hold them back. This scenario would I believe set the stage for heated exchange the week before WM and draw alot more interest and realism into the feud.[/QUOTE]

This actually seems like a good idea. Something should happen along these lines. It would definitly add a spark of interest back in their fued and build back up the momentum that it is lacking. Also it would make it seem like the tension and heat between the two is seemingly real.

Twoot and Dr. Death, I agree with a lot of what was said and will just to add, I believe The Rock and John Cena are doing this all by themselves without the writers being much involved.

Rock vs Cena Promos Losing Edge

After last week, are these promos becoming anti-hype for anyone else? Especially in the sense that they're INTENTIONALLY making Cena look better so that the crowd isn't completely in favor for The Rock?

That's the lamest thing I've ever heard. Toning one guy down and letting another guy do FAKE semi-shoots. Just let them both cut Raw promos and don't be so damn scripted. If one gets booed more than the other then that just means he sucks at cutting promos. Seriously.