• The Rock

7 25.00%
  • John Cena

21 75.00%
Page 69 of 70 FirstFirst ... 195967686970 LastLast
    We all know The Rock vs John Cena won't end at Mania 28 so,

The Rock will win at Wrestlemania this year
    John Cena will win at Summerslam later this year
    John Cena will win at Wrestlemania 29, next year.

Blog Entries
    I hope they don't face each other again. It would really suck to have the 2012 wrestling year ruined if they did.

UFC Womens Bantamweight Champion
    Ronda Rousey

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Death View Post
    I hope they don't face each other again. It would really suck to have the 2012 wrestling year ruined if they did.
    I find it quite amusing how you keep saying that you don't care for neither Cena or The Rock, and yet in the thread dedicated to their match at Wrestlemania, you're the one with the most posts, by far might I add.
    Curious
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    I find it quite amusing how you keep saying that you don't care for neither Cena or The Rock, and yet in the thread dedicated to their match at Wrestlemania, you're the one with the most posts, by far might I add.
    Curious
    Just because I am indifferent at best to either Cena or Rock, (ok I hate Rock), doesn't mean that I don't watch other matches on the same card as these two. I'm outspoken and usually blunt, especially about things I don't like. I just don't feel that Cena vs. Rock is main event material at Wrestlemania, that's all, basically because Rock has no skill except for his mouth skill.

Ronda Rousey

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Death View Post
    that's all, basically because Rock has no skill except for his mouth skill.
    I respectfully don't agree,judging by what you said and your signature Clearly your a hater

I think this is warranted Main event status, you have one of the all Time greats returning to take on the current face of the company even taker/HHH have not got anything on this Match. Here you have two Super Face's going against each other, most media companies (TMZ), websites (YouTube) have got this match covered! This match alone will generate more buy rates, Money, Interest and new viewers which Im afraid anyone else on the wrestlemania card ...actually I take that back there is no other match in any other promotion in the world that will generate the same buzz as this!

I feel your Dislike of Cena/Rock is based on them personally and not the business side of things. Am I wrong?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by justinjackson1983 View Post
    I respectfully don't agree,judging by what you said and your signature Clearly your a hater

I think this is warranted Main event status, you have one of the all Time greats returning to take on the current face of the company even taker/HHH have not got anything on this Match. Here you have two Super Face's going against each other, most media companies (TMZ), websites (YouTube) have got this match covered! This match alone will generate more buy rates, Money, Interest and new viewers which Im afraid anyone else on the wrestlemania card ...actually I take that back there is no other match in any other promotion in the world that will generate the same buzz as this!

I feel your Dislike of Cena/Rock is based on them personally and not the business side of things. Am I wrong?
    I don't hate Cena, nor do I cheer for him, I'm indifferent as far as Cena is concerned. Cena has shown some improvement in wrestling ability ever since him and CM Punk were feuding, but his five moves of doom is really annoying and he needs to work on his selling. Rock I hate period. Both personally and professionally. He's an ass in and out of the ring, I know because I have witnessed it with my own eyes. As far as wrestling ability goes, he has none, and his finishers and over-dramatic selling is laughable and unbelievable at best. I don't understand why some people say he's an all time great, when he doesn't even compare, (nor is worthy to shine the shoes of), the greats of the past IMO. He can talk, but it's the same spiel all over again every time he opens his mouth. In all these years his promos have never changed, he's boring to hear and a disgrace to watch IMO.

Punk/Jericho, and Taker/HHH (w/HBK as referee) in HIAC will steal the spotlight at Wrestlemania 28. I'm not saying that Cena/Rock shouldn't be in the last 3 matches, but IMO they shouldn't be the main event. The build just isn't there to warrant it, especially after a year of nothing to bring excitement or interest to the match. This is all just my opinion of things and others might (probably will) disagree with me about it, but I feel the WWE dropped the ball on this particular match when they had a long time to make it really stand out. Rock is a huge draw for the WWE and there's no point in denying that fact, however it is also a fact that there are other matches on the card with alot better build that I find more interesting.

Oh by the way, welcome to the forum, glad to have you here.

Ronda Rousey

thank you for that

I agree with you on the rock in some ways I personally think the rock was an all time great during his main run as a face 2000-mid 2002 that is where he shined and evolved I loook at austin/rock at mania 17 as being a great match that I fondly remember. I do not personally dislike the rock in anyway (on a side note, is that true with the rock being an ass out the ring? he always seems very nice and professional outside the ring-clearly Im wrong if you have seen otherwise) however he came back around 2003 with this hollywood vibe about him that I never liked,
    and since then he has moulded that heel character to pander to the crowd.

I know the feeling fans have for Cena,Until recent I disliked him myself but after hearing interviews with wrestlers and the videos with the make a wish foundation I cant help but like him as a human being. Maybe Im falling for the very deceptive videos they have played in regards to rock/cena and taken in their hype to much I dont know

HOWEVER...
    this match has to be the headliner it has had the hype the build (even if it hasn't been to everyones agreement), as for show stealing
    that will be HHH/Taker like you said and The only way I would put any match above rock/cena if Undertaker was retiring, Not for buisness reasons just for sheer respect of what he has done for wrestling in whole....Buisness wise it wouldnt make as much sense as rock/cena but UT deserves it.

but as it stands now I cant see anything other than cena/rock for the sheer publicity not to mention I think they learnt after hogan/rock in 02 that Dream matches should go last,

How will the crowd react?

For me, and I'm sure many of you, the crowd sets the mood of the match. I started to wonder how the crowd with be for The Rock/Cena match. Not just the entrance, but the entire match. Will it be deafeningly loud or a mild roar? Will it even come close to the noise The Rock/Hogan got or maybe like Punk/Cena or will it be more like Cena/Batista? I know the situations are different. Rock/Hogan and Punk/Cena were in enclosed arenas, while Cena/Batista was in an open air stadium, University of Pheonix (believe the roof was retracted). Miami is an open air stadium, but I hope they mic it properly so the atmosphere shows through to the tv crowd. Let's hear your thoughts on the crowd reaction. Will it be good or bland? Who will get the biggest reaction?

Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. - FMA

Im hoping it will be alot like it was at Money in the Bank! the crowd that night were amazing, the WWE have tried everything to turn fans against The Rock though but i can't see it changing that much.

For me the crowd can make or break a PPV though so what ever happens i hope they create a good atmosphere!

IWA:
    1x Tag Team Champion - Ramon/Infection.
    IWA & EWN Tag Team of the Year 2013 - Ramon/Infection.

HWA:
    1x & last Adrenaline Champion - Ramon.
    HWA & EWN Champion of the Year 2012 - Ramon.
    Feud of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique
    Shocking Moment of the Year 2012 - Ramon/Clique

General:
    Feud of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.
    Promo of the Year 2013 - Rock/Ambrose.

Blog Entries
    I expect a Money In The Bank/One Night Stand like enviroment, WM is in Miami and we know Cena is not going to be well received in Rock's hometown, I'm more worry about the quality of the match, I know Rock have been training but is still a long time since he had an actual singles match