Page 1 of 14 123 11 ... LastLast
    Normal Member

Punk v. Jericho And Everything About it *Keep It Here*

FOR THE RECORD, this is just my opinion. Feel free to comment

Personally I would love to see Punk v. Jericho without the title involved. They have the skills on the mic and in the ring to build up something amazing without the belt, plus IMO I think they both at that level where they don't need it as a selling point for their match (see HBK, Taker, HHH, etc.).

That being said I would love for one of the other four guys to win it at the EC and then have a four way storyline with each of the four making their case as to why they should be in the title match. Example- "Miz, I've been to the main event at mania and I've won so I deserve it." Kofi, "I've never gotten to have a match at maina that wasn't for MiTB." Dolph, "I'm the hardest working superstar and I'm the only one that does multiple matches a night on PPV." R-Truth, "LITTLE JIMMY".....sorry I couldn't help myself lol. You get the point. Have them all face off against each other leading up to mania. In fact you can have all four of them play special Raw GM, each one getting a week in control, for the month leading up to mania. I know versions of this storyline have been done before but I've always found them entertaining. PLUS if there were a year to put four guys in the title picture at maina and give them all big time exposure on Raw it would be this year because the real main event that everyone's gonna focus on is Rock v. Cena so if one or all of them do something that's not entertaining its pretty much gonna be white noise that'll be forgotten about by the time mania is over. PLUS! with the Rock being on Raw for the the few weeks leading up to maina, WWE brass don't have to worry about ratings because they will be through the roof! Just one mans opinion....

I Can't See Any 1 of the 4 Being The Champ yet personally.
    What I Think Everytime Kevin Nash Speaks.

What would be the point of it, if the two "Best in the World" at what they do don't have the highest ranking Championship on the line?

Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    You fucking legend.
    First IWA World Champion

Quote Originally Posted by InRite View Post
    FOR THE RECORD, this is just my opinion. Feel free to comment

Personally I would love to see Punk v. Jericho without the title involved. They have the skills on the mic and in the ring to build up something amazing without the belt, plus IMO I think they both at that level where they don't need it as a selling point for their match (see HBK, Taker, HHH, etc.).

That being said I would love for one of the other four guys to win it at the EC and then have a four way storyline with each of the four making their case as to why they should be in the title match. Example- "Miz, I've been to the main event at mania and I've won so I deserve it." Kofi, "I've never gotten to have a match at maina that wasn't for MiTB." Dolph, "I'm the hardest working superstar and I'm the only one that does multiple matches a night on PPV." R-Truth, "LITTLE JIMMY".....sorry I couldn't help myself lol. You get the point. Have them all face off against each other leading up to mania. In fact you can have all four of them play special Raw GM, each one getting a week in control, for the month leading up to mania. I know versions of this storyline have been done before but I've always found them entertaining. PLUS if there were a year to put four guys in the title picture at maina and give them all big time exposure on Raw it would be this year because the real main event that everyone's gonna focus on is Rock v. Cena so if one or all of them do something that's not entertaining its pretty much gonna be white noise that'll be forgotten about by the time mania is over. PLUS! with the Rock being on Raw for the the few weeks leading up to maina, WWE brass don't have to worry about ratings because they will be through the roof! Just one mans opinion....
    I said the same thing about Jericho and Punk not needing the title to make their match special and about giving the belt to one of the other guys in a thread I made earlier today lol

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/commun...g-Wrestlemania!

I don't know about them feuding and using the Raw GM, only Ziggler and Miz I feel are actual contenders for the WWE title.
    It was different when they did that storyline with Cena, Orton and HHH

Normal Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loser--17 View Post
    I Can't See Any 1 of the 4 Being The Champ yet personally.
    Well all four guys are right on the cusp, and Miz is a former champion to boot so like I said this year would be the year that WWE could push a title match with young talent and not have to worry about the buy rate for mania and ratings on Raw because The Rock being there will more than compensate.

There's only one way to decide who is "Best in the World"

Something like this has only happened once before. Where two wrestlers who are regarded by the fanbase as two of the best wrestlers to grace the ring in their generation. It was Wrestlemania 12. Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart. HBK vs the Hitman. So why don't CM Punk and Chris Jericho settle it they way Bret and Shawn settled it? In a 60-minute Iron Man match?

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    You fucking legend.
    First IWA World Champion

I understand the theory of "spreading the wealth" for a PPV card, but one can't say that because the main event is obviously another match, that the WWE title match should go to upper-midcarders (which, honestly, all of the other guys in the Chamber are). Although the WWE title match won't be the main event, it still needs to have some prestige given to it, and needs real, legitimate names competing over it.

Jericho and Punk are a perfect fit for the WWE title match, but I hope all of the other guys at least have a spot on the card.

Normal Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tchocky360 View Post
    I said the same thing about Jericho and Punk not needing the title to make their match special and about giving the belt to one of the other guys in a thread I made earlier today lol

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/commun...g-Wrestlemania!

I don't know about them feuding and using the Raw GM, only Ziggler and Miz I feel are actual contenders for the WWE title.
    It was different when they did that storyline with Cena, Orton and HHH
    lol that is funny.

I'm not saying that I want Kofi or Truth to win it, in fact if they did go this direction and it were up to me I would have Ziggler win at EC and retain at mania. I just think that Kofi and Truth seem to work fairly hard and they both are at a place right now where the fans really enjoy seeing them so why not have them involved and give them a nice payout at mania? Just sayin

Banned
    Blog Entries

Punk-v-Jericho-And-Everything-About-it-*Keep-It-Here*

While watching RAW just now, I avoided a lot of spoilers so... bear with me here. Punk and Bryan had a match right? Wow... first time in about 6 or 7 years! Awesome match... but, something caught me off-guard. Cole's commentary through the match.

See, it dawned on me that yes, CM Punk and Jericho claim to be the best in the world... but, Bryan says he is as well. Let me propose this to you fine IWC fellows... this is mind blowing I believe... that Punk will retain his Championship at Elimination Chamber but, Orton or someone else will beat Bryan for the WHC. So, at WrestleMania XXVIII... I believe we will have an internet fan and fans all around the worlds wet dream for a match. Yes, John Cena VS. The Rock is the main event... but, how would you feel if the match before it/after it (Because the WWE Championship has ALWAYS gone on last except WMXXVI.)... I propose:

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: (TRIPLE THREAT)
    (c)CM PUNK vs CHRIS JERICHO vs DANIEL BRYAN

!!!! Eh? I think it's going to happen... we haven't had a Triple Threat in quite some time and damn wouldn't that be the perfect one?

Thoughts?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ PUNK View Post
    Something like this has only happened once before. Where two wrestlers who are regarded by the fanbase as two of the best wrestlers to grace the ring in their generation. It was Wrestlemania 12. Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart. HBK vs the Hitman. So why don't CM Punk and Chris Jericho settle it they way Bret and Shawn settled it? In a 60-minute Iron Man match?

Thoughts?
    LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!
    The only problem though is it shouldn't happen at Wrestlemania due to time constraints... Other stars need their matches and moments too!
    But this really is an excellent idea, maybe have it leading all the way up to a SummerSlam Main-Event?