Blog Entries

Thumbs down Shooting Yourself In The Foot

I can't help but think that WWE's insistence on devaluing and/or altogether removing mid-card titles isn't hurting them in the long run. There's only so much room at the top and everyone - you, me, the superstars and even Joe the hobo on the street corner can work out who's seen as viable for consideration as a top guy and who's going to languish in the low to mid card until they are either let go or leave of their own accord.

Which is why it frustrates me so much that WWE just plain ignored the fact that at least 75% of the fans want to see a decent tag division with several, continual teams going around; we want to see a light heavyweight or European or some other singles belt. But since WWE refuses to see the worth of having these belts - as well as refusing to acknowledge public opinion that fans really do want to see more belts; more competition - so maybe we, the fans who pay to see their product, the ones who fill Vince's pockets, can actually give a flying fuck about matches that happen down the card.

Yet WWE thinks they can gauge a wrestlers worth and appeal from crowd response and ratings alone - ratings are reflected much the same way as crowd response (except it's harder to watch something else if you are in the arena) - when you throw two guys out there to a cold crowd, why on earth should they care? These guys are not in contention for anything. There's a great yawning void between guys like JTG or Yoshi Tatsu and contention to even the US or IC titles. We know these guys aren't going anywhere, they're not doing anything. So, they don't rate. And if they don't rate, WWE won't push them.

My point is, slowly we are seeing guys with potential trickle over to rival promotions like TNA. WWE is basically feeding the other promotions. And they're not just the scraps - they're rich people scraps. Which, it turns out, aren't that bad....as scraps go. WWE doesn't see the gold beneath the surface of a stale and tarnished superstar. And they're slowly losing a long distance race, because they're running full speed - a week at a time. Tortoise and hare, anyone?

(I probably should have blogged this but A)I didn't realise how long I'd go on and B)I don't blog )

TL;DR Vinnie Mac don't give a shit

#REAL!

At least WWE is trying to bring back the Tag Team titles, but it'd be nice to see the Cruiserweight division back.
    Is it too much to ask for?!?!? O_o
    "Wrestling is fake"
    "Really? May I powerbomb you off a ladder onto a table?"

Blog Entries
    Rob for someone who said that points should be made short and sweet that was a very long post!
    It's only a matter of time before Vince retires. Then I think we'll get to see some of these huge changes that we've wanted for ages - a great tagteam division, the return of the CW title, and pushing smaller talent that are usually on Superstars.

Blog Entries
    WWE has one major problem and that's the predictability factor and that's a booking issue as much as it is a writing issue. Creative tends to, "blow their load" as I've seen some coin it, far too quickly. Things that one would expect to be drawn out over several months with minor storylines inter-woven have turned into affairs lasting between one and two months if we're lucky.

Another predictability issue is that you never see the mid card titles defended on say, Superstars. The mid card titles on the main shows tend to feel like throw away titles and since they aren't really defended on the lesser show, it feels like a throw away show with talent like death row inmates just waiting to be fired. (They do tagteam defense on there randomly, but come on... Those matches are more predictable than a heel Big Show v. Santino) Send the reigning mid card champions between the main shows and Superstars, make the guys at the top of the mid-card the top tier on Superstars.

Make the cesspool called NXT death row and essentially transform Superstars into a new version of what was ECW, but without trying to make it equal Raw/Smackdown on any level real nor facetious. Make it a true proving ground show. You could even open up after a trial period, the idea of creating a third mid card title, but something new, AKA not the CW, European, Canadian, or Hardcore titles.
    Less Sports Entertainment, more Wrasslin' please.

This is how they wanted you to see Sin Cara.

I personally think that the WWE's roster is to bloated. Now with all the super shows that they are airing, its given the mid carder less air time and more to the main eventers. They should go back to the Raw on Raw and Smackdown on Smackdown shows. I mean really, why have 2 champinoship belts if any of the talent can be on any of the shows? Isn't that why they unified the tag team championship? Why have the intercontinental and united states championship belts if they appear on the same show? Makes no sense.

Blog Entries
    I think this is happening bacause they feel they can rely mainly on the top guys only, Hope I'm wrong

They really do need to bring back the Cruiserweight championship.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by malvec View Post
    I personally think that the WWE's roster is to bloated. Now with all the super shows that they are airing, its given the mid carder less air time and more to the main eventers. They should go back to the Raw on Raw and Smackdown on Smackdown shows. I mean really, why have 2 champinoship belts if any of the talent can be on any of the shows? Isn't that why they unified the tag team championship? Why have the intercontinental and united states championship belts if they appear on the same show? Makes no sense.
    Yeah, the whole Supershow and "combined" rosters shits me too. What happens when it comes to MITB? Is there now some imaginary, invisible line between rosters that only the fans are supposed to acknowledge? Seperate rosters, more belt(s), better writing = giving the fans what they want = more $$$ for WWE. Why do they have such trouble with this equation? I'll tell you why - 1)Vince is already rich & 2)He's not inspired (read: threatened) by competitive promotions anymore

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Brown One View Post
    Rob for someone who said that points should be made short and sweet that was a very long post!
    It's only a matter of time before Vince retires. Then I think we'll get to see some of these huge changes that we've wanted for ages - a great tagteam division, the return of the CW title, and pushing smaller talent that are usually on Superstars.
    Be quiet you. I explained that at the end of the post. (also, I'm on the wagon these days and my mind is a little all over the place trying to adjust!)