Blog Entries

Anthony Johnson released from UFC!!

After his loss to Vitor Belfort at UFC 142, the UFC has cut it's ties with Anthony Johnson. According to an interview with http://www.mmajunkie.com/; reported by http://www.fightline.com; and confirmed with Dana White who said
    "His job is absolutely on the line, win or lose"
    before the UFC 142 PPV fight, Johnson was cut due to his failure to make weight yet again. This marks Johnson's third time he has failed to make weight at two different weight classes.

Anthony Johnson missed the 185 Lbs target weight by about 12 Lbs weighing in at nearly 197 Lbs. When Dana White was cornered and asked by a reporter from http://www.usatoday.com/ about Johnson's weight issues he had this to say;
    "This is the worst weight-cutting disaster he's ever had, almost ruins the co-main event here in Brazil. … The question everybody wants to know is, 'Is he gone?' Yes, he is. Three strikes and you're out."
    On top of being released, Johnson also had the misfortune to forfeit 20% of his purse to Vitor Belfort whether he won or lost.

What's next in line for Anthony Johnson other than the proverbial unemployment line? Only time will tell. He has skills, but it seems his weight is always an issue. All he had to say via his twitter account at https://twitter.com/Anthony_Rumble was that weigh ins wasn't his day. WTF?!?!?! He knew he had to make weight and he also knew his job was on the line win or lose if he didn't make weight. Sounds like somebody didn't care to stay employed. Thoughts and opinions please.

UFC Womens Bantamweight Champion
    Ronda Rousey

He'll be back someday. I thinks he needs 1 or 2 fights where he proves he can cut to his weight class and then he'll be back.

''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Automatic View Post
    He'll be back someday. I thinks he needs 1 or 2 fights where he proves he can cut to his weight class and then he'll be back.
    Probably, but why didn't he try to make weight more? He missed two weigh ins at 170Lbs and now this one at 185 Lbs, that's a 15Lbs difference he was allotted and it seemed he didn't care. Maybe a jump to 205Lbs would be better.

Ronda Rousey

Well the doctor said he needed to re hydrate before the weigh-in. Maybe he had kidney failure, but it still was unprofessional from both his camp and himself. It is embarrassing though that he moves up a weight class and still greatly misses weight. Maybe when he moved up weight, he gained muscle mass, which means that him moving up a weight class was totally meaningless.

''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''

Blog Entries
    True, I just hope he gets himself together for a return. He's good when he's on his game and could be a champion. Maybe he'll take a closer look at his management team and coaching staff, but it really boils down to his decision to cut weight or not.

Ronda Rousey

i think its just a lack of discipline you know as soon as you sign the contract the deadlines for weigh ins. it always puzzles me that fighters cut weight i think you should find a weight you can maintain and walk round at that weight like frankie edgar maybe johnson should move to heavyweight just to be safe:P. but fighters who cut that drastically never do well look at brock he lost 30-40 pounds then lost the belt i think the worst one i have ever seen was travis lutter he cut like 60lbs in 2 weeks and couldnt talk at the weigh ins he was that messed up from it.