Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cole needs to work harder on new heel commentary angles.

Watched Raw today and Cole's heel commentary is getting so formulaic and predictable. I quite like the fella's ability to draw heat and on a good day he is genuinely a master of his art. But I am starting to find some of his stuff way to predictable. It's not helped by the fact that Lawler must be told not to pull him up on some things (or Lawler is genuinely than dude he doesn't the bleeding obvious).

Example:
    Miz attacks Truth from behind. Cole thinks this is fine as Truth has been inflicting "unprovoked" attacks on Miz for weeks. Those will be the unprovoked attacked that are a direct result of Miz attacking Truth. It's so hypocritical and so ridiculous that it's just ruining his good stuff. Lawler doesn't seem capable of pointing this out.

Yes Mickey C be a heel commentator and at times be two faced and hypocritical, but be a little more sly about it and at least make a half arse attempt to justify it.

Blog Entries
    I don't think it's entirely Cole's fault. They say that hes got Vince in his ear the whole time, so Vince could be feeding him all his lines. They need to just let Cole go out there and talk himself, or have someone better in his ear, because Vince seems to have lost touch with how things work.

I know what you mean about Vinnie Mac, but it's killing Cole. He is just becoming totally ridiculous and worse than that, repetitive. Get that man a manager's job or let him have free reign on the mic.

Blog Entries
    There's two things that I liked about him on this week's Raw though.
    1) He didn't bring up Twitter every 10 minutes.
    2) He called the matches. I noticed during the Swagger - Punk match that he even called the names of the moves correctly.

I go for a Mark Henry - Josh - Cole commentary any day

Quote Originally Posted by y2jryder View Post
    i go for a mark henry - josh - cole commentary any day
    welcome to the hall of painful commentary!!!
    Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. - FMA

Quote Originally Posted by Blinker View Post
    welcome to the hall of painful commentary!!!
    you didn't like Mark Henry at commentary last friday?? he was awesome!

Blog Entries
    I liked King-CM Punk-Cole commentary. CM Punk tells you about the maneuvers and tries to build the star. But alas, since Punk is an actual wrestler, it was short lived.
    The Future of the WWE Women's Division: Brittani Knight AKA Paige!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerinaine View Post
    I liked King-CM Punk-Cole commentary. CM Punk tells you about the maneuvers and tries to build the star. But alas, since Punk is an actual wrestler, it was short lived.
    Punk was a very good way to balance out actually calling the match.

I hate Cole on commentary, which I know I have said more than a few times, however I think he would be a great heel manager.
    then either Josh Matthews or Matt Striker could do commentary duty for Raw, since they both are decent play by play guys (not as good as JR, but then, who is?) and they will only get better with practice.

Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.

Cole has been commentating since at least the Mid 90's. If you look at his body of work, he has for the best part been a solid commentator. He has always known how to be a play-by-play commentator and a colour commentator. J.R and himself are given unscripted license ;they're only 2 commentators that are accommodated this freedom. It is no big secret that Vince, and now HHH both instruct Cole and Lawler to espouse certain views at a whim. However at a time when the wrestling roster decidedly lacks "Depth." According to Vince, they needed some way to keep entertainment levels high..hence Cole has become more a piece in the game. If you look at it from that perspective..then everything Cole has said makes perfect sense.