Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Well...duh.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

Blog Entries
    Let's forget for a second whatever flaws the writers might have. Think firstly about the minds of fans. WWE's core audience, the one they're aiming at were either too young or not even born when the first HHH/Nash feud happened. Besides which - WWE, specifically Vince, doesn't want fans to remember too far into the past. They want you to remember what Vince chooses for you to remember.

Consider this - so they go ahead and recap the history of HHH and Nash and all of a sudden all these young fans are asking "Who's this Scott Hall/Razor Ramon character? Whatever happened to that X-Pac guy?" They don't want you asking about them because they don't make money off these guys, so it's not in their interest to go making fans more aware of the past. Definetly detrimental to the future of the company, but hey, Vince has been cutting off his nose to spite his face for years now.

They probably use TV writers, because they have a long history of having LONG lasting shows.

For instance, soap operas/stories, if you will.

Guiding Light:

Actively Broadcast - 57 years. Starting on June 30th, 1952 and ending on Sept. 18, 2009.

Those writers people complain about, managed to keep a show on 57 years before it recently ended.

Another soap opera:

As the world turns - 54 years. 1956 to 2010.

WWE, imo, was smart to try and book like THOSE shows, for longer lasting programming.

I agree, however, they SHOULD have some wrestling bookers thrown in to balance things out.

But how many wrestling programs have ALL wrestling bookers and are as popular, or nearly as popular, as WWE?
    EWNCW
    Seraphim/Black Angel: Day of Reckoning PPV - Battle of the Newcomers - Winner
    Seraphim: Destiny's Calling PPV - IronMan Match against PrimusKhan - Winner
    Seraphim: Glory to the Brave - Beat Solla in a Steel Cage Match

HWA
    Black Angel: Drafted to Legacy.
    Black Angel: Took out Kev.

BWA
    Blacklist Royalty(Alex Foyt): Number #1 Contender for the BWA World Championship
    Alex Foyt Gains a Partner: Prince Chamberlain

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rilla View Post
    They probably use TV writers, because they have a long history of having LONG lasting shows.

For instance, soap operas/stories, if you will.

Guiding Light:

Actively Broadcast - 57 years. Starting on June 30th, 1952 and ending on Sept. 18, 2009.

Those writers people complain about, managed to keep a show on 57 years before it recently ended.

Another soap opera:

As the world turns - 54 years. 1956 to 2010.

WWE, imo, was smart to try and book like THOSE shows, for longer lasting programming.

I agree, however, they SHOULD have some wrestling bookers thrown in to balance things out.

But how many wrestling programs have ALL wrestling bookers and are as popular, or nearly as popular, as WWE?
    Consider the demograph between soaps and wrestling. Soaps - generally middle aged housewives. Wrestling - generally male, aged 10-40.

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Consider the demograph between soaps and wrestling. Soaps - generally middle aged housewives. Wrestling - generally male, aged 10-40.
    Sounds like the same range of people that like Cena, if slightly altered to allow kids and younger women.

I know some dudes that watch Soaps.
    EWNCW
    Seraphim/Black Angel: Day of Reckoning PPV - Battle of the Newcomers - Winner
    Seraphim: Destiny's Calling PPV - IronMan Match against PrimusKhan - Winner
    Seraphim: Glory to the Brave - Beat Solla in a Steel Cage Match

HWA
    Black Angel: Drafted to Legacy.
    Black Angel: Took out Kev.

BWA
    Blacklist Royalty(Alex Foyt): Number #1 Contender for the BWA World Championship
    Alex Foyt Gains a Partner: Prince Chamberlain

Sadly yes wwe is very short sighted these days with no real long term feuds planned out, real week to week stuff.

writer or bookers it doesnt matter. storylines last as long as vince wants. plus a lot of people get bored after 3 months of a storyline. also if the storylines werent short no one would get push.

Quote Originally Posted by Rilla View Post
    I know some dudes that watch Soaps.

Psssst. They ain't real dudes....

i watch GH. it has the mob and killings.

yes!!!!!! the writing is what killing the wwe!!!!!! from killing story lines, to the matches that are so sloppy slow ,and un-watchable. it really is sad how far they have gone in this direction. droping all thier talent or frustraiting them to the point of quiting. but what i hate the most is the choice of finishers they select for the wrestlers. except a few no one has anything that makes you want to watch or go see in person. it all start with those guys,the writing team. i dont know what type of future wwe is gonna have, it won't last if reruns of burn notice can get more viewers no matter what kind of deal vince and the people who run that network have. once vince is gone for good, wwe might be in big trouble